CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS - post here & my recent experience

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 03:59 PM
Autobacs
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 91 Posts
Default CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS - post here & my recent experience

Hi all,

So I had my check engine light on my C2S has come on twice. 2021, with 1,500 miles. Dealer indicated that it was to do with the fuel cap combined with a valve or some regulator of the fuel line pressure that seems to trip up. They are working on replacing these and I'll let you guys know if it solves the problem.
I'm curious if you guys have experienced this same issue or whether you have had your check engine light come on for different reasons. @BIGWORM could this fuel line pressure issue possibly be the thing that is causing your crickets sound in your other post regarding the sounds you have been hearing? Incidently, the check engine light did eventually turn off after a day or so, almost as if the fuel line issue cleared itself out. Nevertheless the dealer is replacing those parts to make sure it doesn't come back. The master technician I have to say is really good at my dealership.

Old 09-05-2021, 04:30 PM
por356
Racer

Received 382 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Autobacs
The master technician I have to say is really good at my dealership.
If you don't mind saying, which dealership? Thanks....
Old 09-06-2021, 10:17 AM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,373 Likes on 747 Posts

I think I got the same one. EVAP related. They replaced all the fuel lines, major work
Old 09-07-2021, 02:15 AM
Autobacs
Racer

Originally Posted by John Mclane
I think I got the same one. EVAP related. They replaced all the fuel lines, major work
@BIGWORM and John, When you had this replaced did your engine have a cricket chirping sound before and once it was replaced did it then go away?
Old 09-07-2021, 11:34 AM
BIGWORM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,058 Likes on 533 Posts

I have not had anything replaced. I just know my first 2020 911 S did NOT do this. But it had a horrible PDK leak and front end clunk issue. This one has clicked and drone honked at me since day one. I have since given up the fight to figure it out since Ive been to 4 dealerships now.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:02 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,373 Likes on 747 Posts

@BIGWORM and John, When you had this replaced did your engine have a cricket chirping sound before and once it was replaced did it then go away?
Funny that you say that, I think so, but the CEL showed up during winter, with louder tires it wasn't easy to notice. On top of the soul cats as well.
The whole thing took about two weeks. Plan accordingly, ask for a loaner (good luck with that).
If you feel annoyed by this, imagine if or when it happens after warranty.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:11 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,135 Likes on 3,006 Posts

23k miles and no CELs.
The following users liked this post:
Tupper (09-08-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 12:03 AM
Autobacs
Racer

All,

I may have told you guys that I took my car in for a check engine light that kept coming on. They tested it and received a code P0044200 Fuel Tank System Leaking....fine leak. They removed the EVAP canister and replaced the leak detection pump.

It took about a week for them to do this.

Just drove the car today and the check engine light is on again. This is now a total of 4 times. This getting really old. What should I do?

Old 09-23-2021, 08:25 PM
BIGWORM
Three Wheelin'

All,

I may have told you guys that I took my car in for a check engine light that kept coming on. They tested it and received a code P0044200 Fuel Tank System Leaking....fine leak. They removed the EVAP canister and replaced the leak detection pump.

It took about a week for them to do this.

Just drove the car today and the check engine light is on again. This is now a total of 4 times. This getting really old. What should I do?
Call Porsche and demand a buy back. Take your money and run. Ask for Tiara T. I had two bad ones. TWO.
Or call you dealer and ask them to buy it back. They will. And they will slap some lipstick on it and put it back out for sale with a 20K ADM.
Old 09-24-2021, 12:01 PM
rappy992
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hopefully you live in California where Porsche seems to roll over on buybacks. Other states it seems to be harder to nearly impossible to get to buyback for the same level of issues -- even with the help of an attorney.
Old 10-01-2021, 12:08 AM
Autobacs
Racer

Originally Posted by BIGWORM
Call Porsche and demand a buy back. Take your money and run. Ask for Tiara T. I had two bad ones. TWO.
Or call you dealer and ask them to buy it back. They will. And they will slap some lipstick on it and put it back out for sale with a 20K ADM.
Bigworm....my check engine light is yet back on. I may look into this buyback after all. The problem is that I do love the car. I can see if I can get a replacement maybe. Let me know your thoughts.
Old 10-01-2021, 12:50 AM
porshivz
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

Had a check engine light with about 2KMs on the clock. Turned out to be some control module related to the system which heats up the cats during warmup. Waiting a month for the part…good now.
Old 10-01-2021, 01:06 AM
Autobacs
Racer

Originally Posted by porshivz
Had a check engine light with about 2KMs on the clock. Turned out to be some control module related to the system which heats up the cats during warmup. Waiting a month for the part…good now.
Hi thanks for the information....can I ask whether you heard a lot of clicking mixed with a high pitched chirping sound. After that part replaced, did you hear those go away?
Old 10-01-2021, 11:27 AM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,610 Likes on 817 Posts

Hi thanks for the information....can I ask whether you heard a lot of clicking mixed with a high pitched chirping sound. After that part replaced, did you hear those go away?
The clicking and chirping is normal. This is a noisy car
Old 10-01-2021, 11:45 AM
BIGWORM
Three Wheelin'

Bigworm....my check engine light is yet back on. I may look into this buyback after all. The problem is that I do love the car. I can see if I can get a replacement maybe. Let me know your thoughts.
Considering Ive had two buy backs, back to back. I would be really hard for me to say stick it out. And both of mine had other issues than clicking and low rpm honk between 1500-1800. Front end clunks. Blinking parking lights while moving. Speaker rattles. PDK paddles not working. Passenger seat that rattles and vibrates on the highway. So I have lost faith in Porsche on the 992 models. At least on the 2020 models.

Quick Reply: CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS - post here & my recent experience