Sponsored by:

Clarity re: Porsche Charge O Mat Pro

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 12:59 PM
rkdav
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Clarity re: Porsche Charge O Mat Pro

After taking delivery on my 992S I purchased the Porsche Charge O Mat Pro from Suncoast. Try as I might, I could not get the Charge O Mat Pro to consistently stay connected to the car via the power port in the passenger footwell. Thinking that I needed some instruction on proper technique, I called Suncoast this morning, told the helpful man my situation and he gave me the answer: A document he was reading from said that to use the Charge O Mat Pro with a 992 required that the connection be made directly to the battery using the battery clamp accessory. I failed to ask him the name of the document he was citing but at least the hit-or-miss frustration of using the Charge O Mat Pro is answered.
Old 08-31-2021, 01:42 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,600 Likes on 816 Posts

^ Well, I was able to get it to work for months with the 12v port.

But 2 weeks ago it suddenly stopped working, shut off after 40 min.

I know the procedure, so no need to describe what to do. It just isn't working any more.

I'm actually headed to the Porsche dealer this Friday to work on figuring this out. I hope they give me a new one, as the charger is only 10 months old. If not, I might have to do the direct battery connect thing. We will see
Old 08-31-2021, 02:04 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,366 Likes on 745 Posts

I gave up on that. On prior cars it was simpler, with the battery management on the 992 is maddening like all the electronics in this platform.
The charger manual gives some directions on how to proceed if it shuts off, hit or miss in my experience.
I bought the clamps, but it's a drag if you have a crappy battery on your daily driver like mine. I have to take the plastic cowl and eventually those plastic clamps will break. Some use a more permanent solution, wiring the battery and leaving a plug exposed.
Ferrari has a magnetic port in the rear bumper for this. At least they assume you battery needs it, let's simplify the process.
Old 08-31-2021, 09:10 PM
997usa
Burning Brakes

Received 532 Likes on 271 Posts

John, I did the same magport as I had on my 488; I placed it in the front however. So my battery magport is hardwired to the battery, and the battery tender comes with a magport male.
Old 08-31-2021, 09:15 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,366 Likes on 745 Posts

Originally Posted by 997usa
John, I did the same magport as I had on my 488; I placed it in the front however. So my battery magport is hardwired to the battery, and the battery tender comes with a magport male.
That's nice, good job. It should be standard...

Quick Reply: Clarity re: Porsche Charge O Mat Pro