Sponsored by:

C2 build feedback locking soon

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 02:43 PM
luckycanine
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts
Default C2 build feedback locking soon

Build locks today - PN2IFXE6. Bay area backroad driving, drives down to LA, 3-5 HPDE a year (no competitive timing, just for fun. If I chase lap times, they will be my own).
  • Passing on SC/PSE. I like sport mode in the base, I tested a C2 with SC in S+ and the rev hang was kinda annoying and I found it hard to tell a difference re: engine mounts, faster PDK shifts etc. I also sometimes like manual shifting with paddles and SC was less useful with paddles.
  • I wish chalk was available without opting for leather. I want a lighter interior and didn't like beige.
  • Did not want ventilated seats and had to add back a bunch of stuff by breaking apart premium package
  • I like the driver aids for highway drives and one of my realizations from my previous 981 boxster was that I miss the latest tech.

Last edited by luckycanine; 08-24-2021 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-24-2021, 02:51 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,799 Likes on 947 Posts

First off, changes on the last day your build locks, not so recommended. Try to work out your decisions sooner so they can settle in.

As to your build. Nice. Night Blue is going away soon, so that will make it more rare. My 997 was that color. Fantastic color.

Only things I see are the regular trim is nice, I wouldn't get the Brushed Aluminum, but if that is what you like. It does force the light silver trim with it instead of the darker matte.

I would also skip Porsche InnoDrive incl. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and Active Lane Keep (ALK). I've only heard negative things about the ALK.
Old 08-24-2021, 02:51 PM
JiminyGlick
Banned

Received 163 Likes on 109 Posts

Why no wheel upgrade?
Old 08-24-2021, 02:53 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,537 Likes on 5,061 Posts

Well, if you plan on doing HPDE (even once a quarter, which is not insignficant if it's for the lifetime of your ownership), I would seriously reconsider the decision on the Sports Chrono Pkg. Of course you're not going to notice the dynamic engine mounts in a regular test drive or daily'ing the car, but pushed to the limits (i.e., on track) you will notice them more and more, and even the oft-criticized Porsche Track Precision App is nice to have, esp. if you are only racing against yourself.

Also, I know it's a big splurge, but I would look at the PCCBs. I find the OEM brakes on the C2 the car's biggest weak point, which will be magnified if you track your car.

In any event, congrats on the car.

Last edited by ipse dixit; 08-24-2021 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-24-2021, 02:56 PM
luckycanine
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by JiminyGlick
Why no wheel upgrade?
ride comfort and I don't mind the look. I may dip or coat them black.
Old 08-24-2021, 11:07 PM
jhardy
Racer

Received 125 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by luckycanine
Build locks today - PN2IFXE6. Bay area backroad driving, drives down to LA, 3-5 HPDE a year (no competitive timing, just for fun. If I chase lap times, they will be my own).
  • Passing on SC/PSE. I like sport mode in the base, I tested a C2 with SC in S+ and the rev hang was kinda annoying and I found it hard to tell a difference re: engine mounts, faster PDK shifts etc. I also sometimes like manual shifting with paddles and SC was less useful with paddles.
  • I wish chalk was available without opting for leather. I want a lighter interior and didn't like beige.
  • Did not want ventilated seats and had to add back a bunch of stuff by breaking apart premium package
  • I like the driver aids for highway drives and one of my realizations from my previous 981 boxster was that I miss the latest tech.
I would delete LCA and keep base interior trim. I’ve heard LCA doesn’t work well and the base trim looks high end - I’ve seen it in person. I would then add Sports Chrono instead. Otherwise changing drive modes is a pain and it really does change the driving dynamic of the car. PSE I think is more nice to have. Those changes get you to roughly same price.
Old 08-25-2021, 03:32 AM
Rare9
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 64 Posts

Here are my few cents:

Overall beautiful build, love the Night Blue.
Chrono Package should be In, Aluminum brushed inlays - Out.
Those are the main points.
As a minor point, I'd add some color to the instrument cluster, but it's no biggy. Do not get PCCBs.

As a side note, I'm also in the bay area and hope to see you in HPDEs in the future. Good luck and congrats.
Old 08-25-2021, 03:34 AM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by jhardy
I would delete LCA and keep base interior trim. I’ve heard LCA doesn’t work well and the base trim looks high end - I’ve seen it in person. I would then add Sports Chrono instead. Otherwise changing drive modes is a pain and it really does change the driving dynamic of the car. PSE I think is more nice to have. Those changes get you to roughly same price.
I have no issues with LCA, nor have I heard of anyone saying it doesn’t work well, it works as intended and similar to other vehicles I’ve owned. I also don’t have SC and to switch to Sport or adjust the suspension, you click a switch under the PCM, not a pain at all.
Old 08-25-2021, 08:51 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,099 Likes on 2,995 Posts

As the owner of both 19/20 and 20/21 sets of wheels, there's no difference in ride comfort. They're very low profile tires and you'll find tire pressures have a much greater impact on quality.

Other notes
  • If you spec one option on a 911, it should be Sport Chrono. You get the dynamic engine mounts, mode selector on the wheel, sports response button, additional drive modes, lap timing/app integration, and launch control. A 911 without SC is literally a lesser car. In terms of bang for the buck, it's one of the "cheapest" options available.
  • The ventilated seats are pretty great. I have them in mine and will never option another car without them. If you went with the premium package, you also get the PDLS+ headlights for just a $310 increase, saving more than $900 on the headlights.
  • I echo the other comments about the interior trim inlays. The standard inlays are pretty great and match the knurling of the switch gear. If you wanted to save $1260, ditch this option and put that towards SC. 😉
The following users liked this post:
member67 (08-25-2021)
Old 08-25-2021, 08:53 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,099 Likes on 2,995 Posts

Originally Posted by jhardy
The LCA works great. It should be a standard feature on the car.
Old 08-25-2021, 09:24 AM
jhardy
Racer

Originally Posted by slwong23
I have no issues with LCA, nor have I heard of anyone saying it doesn’t work well, it works as intended and similar to other vehicles I’ve owned. I also don’t have SC and to switch to Sport or adjust the suspension, you click a switch under the PCM, not a pain at all.
I stand corrected and glad to hear as I have premium selected on my build. SC for some reason does seem to be the one option everyone says to get but at the end of the day I agree with not building to appease the next owner.
The following users liked this post:
slwong23 (08-25-2021)
Old 08-25-2021, 09:25 AM
jhardy
Racer

You could also select colored logos in wheel accessories for $190 to give them a bit more pop.
The following 2 users liked this post by jhardy:
detansinn (08-25-2021), slwong23 (08-25-2021)
Old 08-25-2021, 10:21 AM
ronflax
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
As the owner of both 19/20 and 20/21 sets of wheels, there's no difference in ride comfort. They're very low profile tires and you'll find tire pressures have a much greater impact on quality.

Other notes
  • If you spec one option on a 911, it should be Sport Chrono. You get the dynamic engine mounts, mode selector on the wheel, sports response button, additional drive modes, lap timing/app integration, and launch control. A 911 without SC is literally a lesser car. In terms of bang for the buck, it's one of the "cheapest" options available.
I also have both the 19/20 (Winter set) and 20/21 (Summer set) of wheels and there's only a slight difference in ride comfort. I actually prefer the 20/21 look on the car though.
Also, Sport Chrono is a must in my opinion. I drive most of the time in Sport mode and I hate the auto start/stop of the engine. One quick dial to the right and I'm in Sport mode and I've defeated the auto start/stop. Otherwise, it's a bunch of clicks on the PCM to set these things all while the PCM is booting up.. get the Sport Chrono, you won't regret it.
The following 2 users liked this post by ronflax:
detansinn (08-25-2021), member67 (08-25-2021)

Quick Reply: C2 build feedback locking soon