Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Targa Build - Input and suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2022, 10:29 AM
joedughman
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 11 Posts

Richard

I get my C-2 in 30 days with quad pipes, and yes, I think they look better. I like your Targa build and am on the list for my dealer-13th-for a Targa
which will be 2 years. Do you like yours? I will search your posts for he pdf and thanks for the reply.

Cheers
Old 05-13-2022, 10:32 PM
Vader1287
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

what did you decide on with seat belts? I am in similar situation with black leather interior. Feel like silver seatbelts may add a nice pop to the interior.
The following users liked this post:
tomingrassia (05-14-2022)
Old 05-14-2022, 06:13 AM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 749 Posts

Originally Posted by joedughman
Richard

I get my C-2 in 30 days with quad pipes, and yes, I think they look better. I like your Targa build and am on the list for my dealer-13th-for a Targa
which will be 2 years. Do you like yours? I will search your posts for he pdf and thanks for the reply.

Cheers
Here is the PDF... I think the programming starts on page 10 or 11-13...

I love my targa, and I do think the quad pipe really complete the back end.
Attached Images

Last edited by Richard_Wallace; 05-14-2022 at 06:15 AM.
Old 05-14-2022, 06:15 AM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vader1287
what did you decide on with seat belts? I am in similar situation with black leather interior. Feel like silver seatbelts may add a nice pop to the interior.
I ended up with Sport-tex cloth interior, with caulk stitching and silver belts (The two colors are almost identical, very little difference, and do not notice any variation between the stitching and the silver belts) - I had a chance to see live another caulk stitching with silver belts, they are very close. I also went with Palado wood trim and on the seat backs, really a cool throw back build. I love it!

Last edited by Richard_Wallace; 05-14-2022 at 06:17 AM.
Old 05-14-2022, 10:12 AM
joedughman
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks a bunch Richard-cheers.
Old 05-14-2022, 11:07 AM
Targa4GTSinTX
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Richard, your comment on choosing silver seat belts with the chalk stitching caught my eye! Our Targa 4 GTS build locks at the end of this month. Currently, our build colors are 1) exterior: Dolomite Silver (same color on wheels) with silver Targa bar and blue roof, and 2) interior: Graphite Blue with chalk stitching. I thought about going with chalk seatbelts to match the chalk stitching but thought those to be too
difficult to keep clean. My thoughts then turned to silver seatbelts, but then I didn't want to introduce yet another contrasting color to the Graphite Blue interior. Your post indicates that the silver and chalk are virtually identical in appearance, and as we obviously won't be able to find an actual example of this to look at ourselves, just want to confirm with you that these 2 color choices, although different, do play nice together
Old 05-14-2022, 11:26 AM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa4GTSinTX
Richard, your comment on choosing silver seat belts with the chalk stitching caught my eye! Our Targa 4 GTS build locks at the end of this month. Currently, our build colors are 1) exterior: Dolomite Silver (same color on wheels) with silver Targa bar and blue roof, and 2) interior: Graphite Blue with chalk stitching. I thought about going with chalk seatbelts to match the chalk stitching but thought those to be too
difficult to keep clean. My thoughts then turned to silver seatbelts, but then I didn't want to introduce yet another contrasting color to the Graphite Blue interior. Your post indicates that the silver and chalk are virtually identical in appearance, and as we obviously won't be able to find an actual example of this to look at ourselves, just want to confirm with you that these 2 color choices, although different, do play nice together
You may want to re-consider the silver Targa bar on a Dolomite Silver car. With GT Silver, the silver Targa bar is a perfect complement. However, with dolomite, there is a decent clash. I have attached a couple photos of my dolomite Targa with black bar. It's a much better look. Also, if you have the blue roof, then you'll have the silver Targa bar competing against that too. The choice is yours, obviously, but I just wanted to give my perspective.
As for the seatbelts, I agree with you on not introducing another competing color. I do agree with Richard about the inlays on the seat backs. Especially with the Graphite Blue interior, I think you should do the leather inlays.

Old 05-14-2022, 11:47 AM
Targa4GTSinTX
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Go Bruins, thank you, you've raised some good points. As I really want the classic silver Targa bar and metallic paint, if I don't want to go dark blue or light green, choices are rather limited. I also did not want to go traditional GT Silver, white, or black which is how I wound up here (we already have an Agate Grey Cayenne Coupe GTS, which looks terrific by the way)
Old 05-14-2022, 04:45 PM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Targa4GTSinTX
Honestly you will not know the difference, it is very very slight. I was going to do full silver stitching and silver belts, had a buddy with one with Caulk and silver, and they are to close to call... I am away from home in Europe right now, or I would upload a few pics, but trust me, glad I saved the extra for custom stitching, as there is really very very little difference. I think if the stitching was maybe bigger you might see more difference, but the small stitch you will not notice.

Quick Reply: 992 Targa Build - Input and suggestions?