Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member. 992 Turbo S build

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2021 | 02:35 AM
Zanderwestcoast
Track Day

Default New member. 992 Turbo S build

I’m brand new to this forum and recently secured allocation for my first Porsche. A 2022 992 Turbo S! Havent locked spec yet, but thinking A1 gloss black, black guts, sport package with carbon roof, dark satin wheels etc. Thoughts on spec?

Looking forward to spending a bit of time reading up on this forum. Cheers Zander
The following users liked this post:
VFanz (07-05-2021)
Old 07-05-2021 | 04:09 AM
riotgear
Rennlist Member

You might get a better response by posting in the Turbo/S sub forum. Congrats on your Turbo S! I’ve had mine for about 6 weeks and already have 2200 miles on it. Awesome car!

Black 911s look great, but it’s overdone. I originally was going to get the CF roof, but went with the glass roof. It’s great when it’s open during a warm day. As for wheels, I went with the free centerlocks and ordered aftermarket wheels. None of the factory wheels did it for me.

Last edited by riotgear; 07-05-2021 at 04:13 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by riotgear:
Steve 96C4S (07-05-2021), Zanderwestcoast (07-05-2021)
Old 07-05-2021 | 10:47 AM
Zanderwestcoast
Track Day

Yeah I hear you on the black being overbought. But it is iconic and timeless. The sport package makes it a bit more unique. My second choice is GT Silver with sport package.
Old 07-06-2021 | 11:47 AM
Raleigh Mann
Advanced

Originally Posted by Zanderwestcoast
Yeah I hear you on the black being overbought. But it is iconic and timeless. The sport package makes it a bit more unique. My second choice is GT Silver with sport package.
I’m with you - overdone perhaps but yes it’s timeless. I prefer your second choice of the GT silver with the sports package - I love the satin rims.

my build locks in three weeks and I am going in a different direction: Adventurine Green with Arum rims and model stripe - it’s a TT cab with the striped roof and hood. Ever since to 2019 TTS exclusive I’ve wanted that roof detail.

congrats on your allocation and welcome. Also, ditto on the Turbo Turbo S forum posting next time.
The following users liked this post:
Zanderwestcoast (07-06-2021)
Old 07-06-2021 | 01:08 PM
Zanderwestcoast
Track Day

Originally Posted by Raleigh Mann
I’m with you - overdone perhaps but yes it’s timeless. I prefer your second choice of the GT silver with the sports package - I love the satin rims.

my build locks in three weeks and I am going in a different direction: Adventurine Green with Arum rims and model stripe - it’s a TT cab with the striped roof and hood. Ever since to 2019 TTS exclusive I’ve wanted that roof detail.

congrats on your allocation and welcome. Also, ditto on the Turbo Turbo S forum posting next time.
Awesome. I haven’t seen aventurine green in person, only pics and videos. Would love to see it in person as photos can be deceiving.

Curious, on average, how long are people waiting from locking in order to delivery?

Quick Reply: New member. 992 Turbo S build