Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Order/Demand (First Porsche)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2021, 05:21 PM
Das Berg
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 992 Order/Demand (First Porsche)

I've been working with my local Porsche dealer for a few months and waiting out one of the 2016 GTS PDK cars caught up in the emissions issue and had early-on got on an informal list of folks waiting for the new 2022 GTS many months ago since I was in NO hurry and wanted to see what it turned out to be. This would be my first Porsche and I've had a lot of enthusiast platforms, but never experienced a driving experience like the 911 when I test drove a few in the last year or so after selling my C6 Z06 Corvette. We've now put in a "demand" at the local dealer and will wait and see what happens as we get more details on allocations for 4th quarter of this year, but I'm #2 on the list to get an allocation as they roll out...

My current order is basically setup like this: PN2MLP71

The forum has been great in seeing experiences, opinions and information to help me navigate all of these decisions. My wife and I are leaning heavily toward Gentian Blue, but having thoughts of more definable colors... like Carmine Red, Ultraviolet, etc. I'm specing this car with things I think we really want, but still learning and trying to see things in person to decide how it will really end up. Out of curiosity, I priced out a 4S with all the exact same options and it was literally within $600 (4GTS was $600 more).

Let the comments begin and I'll be looking/learning from you all!
Old 07-01-2021, 05:42 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,799 Likes on 947 Posts

I just got my Gentian Blue C2S and it really is a fantastic color.
The following users liked this post:
GLS (07-03-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 06:33 PM
Gentian21
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 106 Posts

My Gentian Blue car is really several different colors. In the shade, it is dark blue--sometimes almost black. On a bright, but overcast day, it approaches a medium blue. In bright sun, the blue seems to mix with purple to give it a very distinctive look. I think the only other color that changes so much depending upon the light is Aventurine Green.
The following users liked this post:
Master Deep (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 07:14 PM
c1pher
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 441 Posts

It’s also sort of purple at times.

I don’t really care for the Superman/Spiderman color combo, not the boy racer spoiler. This is what I came up with:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNPAFIR1
Old 07-01-2021, 09:46 PM
Das Berg
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by c1pher
It’s also sort of purple at times.

I don’t really care for the Superman/Spiderman color combo, not the boy racer spoiler. This is what I came up with:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNPAFIR1
I hadn't thought about the 930 leather kit and I too was really planning to do the headliner/pillars in race-tex. As for the aerokit, I really like how it offsets the look. I do like the black calipers, which would probably have me swap to either silver or chalk stiching and tach/chrono.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:49 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,796 Likes on 970 Posts

Originally Posted by Das Berg
I hadn't thought about the 930 leather kit and I too was really planning to do the headliner/pillars in race-tex. As for the aerokit, I really like how it offsets the look. I do like the black calipers, which would probably have me swap to either silver or chalk stiching and tach/chrono.
Today begins the stop-sale on the AeroKit.
Old 07-02-2021, 01:28 PM
reloader-1
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 126 Posts

If you are doing the brakes and the tach in red, leave the rear lights normal. The red goes fantastically well with Gentian, right now your brake calipers look mismatched (and painting them black would be a waste)

Quick Reply: 992 Order/Demand (First Porsche)