Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plz HELP. I'm trying to join the Porsche Family...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2021 | 04:01 AM
leaf345
Racer

Originally Posted by riotgear
Buy a used one.
Probably would pay over MSRP still....
The following users liked this post:
M3Inline6 (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021 | 08:13 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

The used GT3 Touring market is nuts right now. I have seen PTS examples go for around $300k.
Truth be told, the 992 S and a used GT3T aren't in the same price bracket.
If you want a GT3T, it may be a circumstance where a new 992 GT3 Touring could be the cheaper option, even with a modest ADM. If you're financing it, the new car loan will qualify for lower interest rates than a used car loan.

There are some mixed messages in your posts about your budget. This very moment in time is indeed the worst time to be buying a car. New 992s are very hard to come by and used examples are selling at or above original MSRP. New model year allocations will land and again, disappear very quickly -- demand will far outstrip supply for a while. Most dealers have lengthy waiting lists just to get an allocation, even on Carrera's. Plus, the chip shortage is expected to continue into next year. In this environment, you're competing against buyers who are more than willing to pay ADM. It's the nature of the market. It's the same reason that discounts just aren't happening right now unless the buyer has a relationship or history with the dealer.

I echo the recommendations of others in this thread to really expand your search beyond the west coast and adjacent states. If you're serious about this, you really need to do it nationwide and find a dealer in a less monied market. Please be aware, that you won't be the only one doing that.
VFanz (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021 | 09:05 AM
kks
Track Day

Default Buying my first Porsche … need your help and advise

I am buying my first Porsche … it’s been my lifelong dream. I could not find any available inventory (I am in the Boston area) but got lucky that while at the dealership, he had an allocation open for a 2022 C4 and I took it and paid 5k deposit at MSRP. My two questions are:
1. per my booking, I have build lock date of 9/14/21 and est. Delivery date of 11/26/2021. How firm are these dates and will they be moved back too much? Can’t wait to lay my hands on my first Porsche
2. now I am agonizing on my build (although it’s a sweet agony filled with anticipation) and am narrowing to a chalk exterior. Which interior would you suggest and if any have some pics, black & red leather or graphite blue with chalk sticking and chalk deviated centers.

would love to hear your thoughts and advise
Old 07-01-2021 | 12:19 PM
cap82
Instructor

Originally Posted by VFanz
Ok, here it goes....

I'm a newbie on these forums but became a Porsche fanboy about 10 years ago when my good friend bought a new base model 2010 Carrera 997.2 and I got to drive it. When I say base (it literally didn't have power windows - JK), it was pretty feature-less but it was still AMAZING to drive. Ever since then, the seed of owning a Porsche had been slowly growing into a little plant, up until the pandemic hit. When the world was collapsing, I realized that life's way too F*****G short, and the financially prudent, IRA saving, put the married life ahead of everything I wanted, was not a way to live. Hence, the seed growing into a full-blown sequoia tree, having me ready to pull the trigger on a new C2S Cab. Since, this epiphany, I rented a C2S cab for a week and did the PECLA with a C2s (I'm from SoCal and the experience which was EPIC) to really get a feel for the model I want. I've been to every dealer in SoCal and basically been told to beat it/you gotta pay the ADM bull***t if you can even get in line to order one. I recognize the world's supply chain is a mess but I can't even get in line to spend a $160k+ on a car, without having to pay a dealer over MSRP on top of that????

Anyway, I know this is a long shot but is there anyone on here with a dealer/salesperson connect that wants to pass a laydown sale, that can get an allotment so I can place an order for my car? Keeping it in state (CA) would be great, but if anyone here has a connection to a dealer in OR, NV, AZ, I can work with that as well. I'm seeing a number of folks on here, able to place orders without ADM, so maybe there's someone on here that's able to help or just feeling generous and wanting to help a fellow Porsche lover get into his first one. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻. Not sure if there are private messages on here, but happy to provide an email if someone wants to chat offline.

Also, happy to share my build but been dancing between the two colors; Standard White or Python Green on C2S Cab with sport and premium packages, color-matched Sportdesign kit, black sportex interior, front axle lift system, extended fuel tank, blackout tail light, Carrera Exclusive wheels.
My spot for a 4GTS is with Redwood City Porsche in NorCal. No ADM for either that or when I was on the 4S list. If you contact me I can give you the salesperson's name.
VFanz (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021 | 12:27 PM
kpblade
Racer

This thread reminds me of the previous one about “what discounts are everyone getting”. Some were adamant about never paying MSRP out of principle, and others complaining of only getting 2% off vs 5% off. In the end, each buyer has to make peace with their own decision and not lose sleep about the other guys situation………

that said, I do like the TTS

Last edited by kpblade; 07-01-2021 at 12:29 PM.
detansinn (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021 | 12:30 PM
Mark S
Rennlist Member

Try Jin Sohn at Gaudin Porsche of Las Vegas. They did not charge me ADM on a C4 order a month ago. Cool dealership with a bunch of classic 911’s on the show room floor. Plus why not take a trip to Vegas.
VFanz (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021 | 12:43 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Or David Soyk at Gaudin.

A word of caution. DO NOT get so wrapped up in discounts and prices that you miss the whole picture. Ask for and do NOT consider any dealer that does not give you in writing the out of the door price. That is the final after all the tack on, add on, State, dealer and other is added to your bill. In the end you might find a cheaper than MSRP vehicle only to end up paying much more in added doc fees, registration, state and local fees.

Lastly expand your search as many have mentioned. CA is probably the last place to look given lack of available stock and of course if you can forgo the "must have it now" never pay retail and certainly not ADM. Just my 2 cents and contrary to OP who opined if you can't afford the ADM you can't afford the car, I can, I didn't nor will I ever. YMMV

Good luck

siberian
The following 4 users liked this post by siberian:
CO 992 (07-01-2021), Mark S (07-01-2021), Master Deep (07-01-2021), VFanz (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021 | 01:46 PM
VFanz
Intermediate

Yup.. it's mental out there.
Old 07-01-2021 | 01:48 PM
VFanz
Intermediate

@riotgear Lol not at all helpful... however your vehicle lineup is bonkers! How would you rank the cars you have in order?

"Buy a used one."

Last edited by VFanz; 07-01-2021 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-01-2021 | 01:50 PM
VFanz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mark S
Try Jin Sohn at Gaudin Porsche of Las Vegas. They did not charge me ADM on a C4 order a month ago. Cool dealership with a bunch of classic 911’s on the show room floor. Plus why not take a trip to Vegas.
Thanks Mark! I'll give them a shot.
Old 07-01-2021 | 01:55 PM
VFanz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by siberian
Or David Soyk at Gaudin.

A word of caution. DO NOT get so wrapped up in discounts and prices that you miss the whole picture. Ask for and do NOT consider any dealer that does not give you in writing the out of the door price. That is the final after all the tack on, add on, State, dealer and other is added to your bill. In the end you might find a cheaper than MSRP vehicle only to end up paying much more in added doc fees, registration, state and local fees.

Lastly, expand your search as many have mentioned. CA is probably the last place to look given the lack of available stock and of course, if you can forgo the "must have it now" never pay retail and certainly not ADM. Just my 2 cents and contrary to OP who opined if you can't afford the ADM you can't afford the car, I can, I didn't nor will I ever. YMMV

Good luck

siberian
This is so well put @siberian and hanks for the input/guidance! You're a legend and hopefully, our cars cross paths one day !
siberian (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021 | 02:16 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

If had the extra cash to just throw at it I would…
Originally Posted by ipse dixit
No offense, but if you can't afford the ADM, then you probably can't afford the car to begin with.

Good luck with your search.
Originally Posted by M3Inline6
His aversion to throwing away money shouldn't be par for the course to subject him to such arbitrary comments. I wouldn't want to pay ADM either regardless of how easily I can afford the car (....something like a GT3 notwithstanding; I would likely make an exception for that car).
Appreciate the note M3… it’s not about affordability, rather burning cash when you don’t have to. Call me cheap but I don’t ever see myself paying ADM…
Sorry, but the OP @VFanz specifically said "if I had the extra cash" which implies that it is about affordability and not about principle.

But no matter, I have no skin in this game. Just pointing out that if one did have the money, depriving oneself of something desirable simply because of principle seems a bit short-sighted.

One can always make more money. Time? Not so much.

Again, good luck to the OP in his search.

Last edited by ipse dixit; 07-01-2021 at 02:17 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
detansinn (07-01-2021), rewardforsuccess (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021 | 04:43 PM
riotgear
Rennlist Member

@riotgear Lol not at all helpful... however your vehicle lineup is bonkers! How would you rank the cars you have in order?

"Buy a used one."
Haha - I'm just trying to be solution oriented.

Regarding my cars in ranked order: 765LT, 992 Turbo S, Taycan Turbo S. The 765LT is over the top next level. Truly is a special car.
VFanz (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021 | 05:32 PM
VFanz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by riotgear
Haha - I'm just trying to be solution oriented.

Regarding my cars in ranked order: 765LT, 992 Turbo S, Taycan Turbo S. The 765LT is over the top next level. Truly is a special car.
Yeah my friend has a baby blue spyder and pretty sure it’s an alien vehicle as it’s not from this planet.

Old 07-01-2021 | 05:41 PM
lucycan
Three Wheelin'

Going to take some time and patience to find a car. And then MAYBE you can find a new one at MSRP if you are willing to wait a year. Used ones are stupid money right now. My local dealer has a 2018 Turbo on the lot for MORE than I paid for my 2021 TT.

Quick Reply: Plz HELP. I'm trying to join the Porsche Family...