992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered my first Porsche! GTS4 Cab

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2021 | 07:09 PM
Nothingtoc
Track Day

Ara, I bought a 2021 Carmine Red Cabriolet a couple of months ago. It is the first car I've owned my entire life where people constantly comment on how beautiful it is. Red has never been my favorite color for a car, but the Carmine Red is unlike any other Red. It is priced as an option for a reason - it's beautiful.

I can't comment on your other specs, mine is pretty much base with several key option upgrades. You will love it. The 992 is like no other car.
Old 06-28-2021 | 07:21 PM
ara
Rennlist Member

Awesome!! Care to share some pics? The promo vids so far have carmine coupe and chalk targa. Eager to see a cab

Originally Posted by Nothingtoc
Ara, I bought a 2021 Carmine Red Cabriolet a couple of months ago. It is the first car I've owned my entire life where people constantly comment on how beautiful it is. Red has never been my favorite color for a car, but the Carmine Red is unlike any other Red. It is priced as an option for a reason - it's beautiful.

I can't comment on your other specs, mine is pretty much base with several key option upgrades. You will love it. The 992 is like no other car.
Old 06-28-2021 | 07:48 PM
Sal635
Instructor

You should consider adding PCCB. I have a 991 GTS and the wheels are a major pain to keep clean and look horrible when they aren’t. PCCB will keep you from having that problem.

My GTS is also carmine and it is a beautiful deep red makes guards red look like tomato soup when you put them side by side. I love the color and I hope you love it when you get your car. It’s amazing.
The following users liked this post:
Nothingtoc (06-28-2021)
Old 06-28-2021 | 08:03 PM
ara
Rennlist Member

trying to keep costs reasonable. I will go all out on gt3 allocation when the time comes. The upgraded turbo brakes will be good enough this time for me

Originally Posted by Sal635
You should consider adding PCCB. I have a 991 GTS and the wheels are a major pain to keep clean and look horrible when they aren’t. PCCB will keep you from having that problem.

My GTS is also carmine and it is a beautiful deep red makes guards red look like tomato soup when you put them side by side. I love the color and I hope you love it when you get your car. It’s amazing.
Old 06-29-2021 | 07:51 AM
Sebas
Advanced

Congrats!
Nice config and looks great; love the Turbo wheels.
I had the same cab v coupe debate over the 992. I went cab and waiting for it.
Bose v Burmester - I got the same feedback from SA: stick w Bose in a cab but there are other opinions out there.
Old 06-29-2021 | 09:07 PM
ara
Rennlist Member

Do the sport seats 4 way have lumbar adjustment?
Old 07-03-2021 | 02:52 PM
ara
Rennlist Member

So since I reserved the car I’ve been going back and forth on spec and coupe vs cab. Driving me nuts. My last 2 fun cars were slicktop which I loved and they were both red. I’m leaning towards coupe now since I want to drive this all year and can drop top only a few months of the year. None of my other cars had sunroof except for my daily drivers. I have a work pickup to use on crap days and if I need to do a lot of mileage and will have my s5 coupe for a year till lease is done is 23’.

so I made a spec. None of the expensive colours. Mineral white/black/or one of the silvers. Added burmeister which is important to me as I blast music in my drives all the time. Removed the premium package and added what I needed from it. Ambient lighting and folding mirrors. Kept the RAS as I would like to do some lapping days once in a while. I’m hoping they can modify the carbon package inside that they force you to get with GTS Interior package.

i wish the GTS Interior you can have yellow stitch and accents. Only way to do that is leather interior which I don’t like. So there’s my ramble. I can’t wait for lock in date so I don’t go crazy changing my mind
Old 11-21-2021 | 02:50 PM
ara
Rennlist Member

Just got an email from my SA that my car will be arriving ETA March 18th 2022. I have till November 30th to lock in spec. Exciting news. A bit earlier than anticipated but hey it is what it is

Old 11-21-2021 | 03:01 PM
Drew46
Drifting

Originally Posted by ara
Just got an email from my SA that my car will be arriving ETA March 18th 2022. I have till November 30th to lock in spec. Exciting news. A bit earlier than anticipated but hey it is what it is
Congrats!

It's odd that there does not seem to consistent time periods between stages based on the various dates people are positing. For example, my ETA is March 25 - just a week after yours - but my lock date is listed as 1/10. Odd that my lock date is almost 6 weeks after yours when delivery is scheduled for one week later. I have heard that they have been accelerating lock dates, so maybe yours got moved up and mine has not. I wonder whether that means the other dates will move up as well. Part of me wants that as I am not a patient person by nature. Part of me is trying to be patient since end of March/beginning of April is probably a better time for me to talk delivery here in the Northeast.
Old 11-24-2021 | 10:32 AM
ara
Rennlist Member

Since ordering the car in June as a cab, I changed my mind and wanted a coupe. I like the lines of the coupe a lot more. When I first reserved the car, my SA told me that I can swap coupe to cab no issue on my waiting list. But RWD from AWD I would drop down significantly on the list. Now my allocation came in for a cab, I asked if I change to coupe he said it would be more time to wait as I drop behind 5 others. So there was some misinformation there from the start, an honest mistake from his end i'm sure. I'm going to dealer tomorrow to see the demo C4S. I found March a bit early, but was willing to go for it. But now that it's cab only it makes me think. Not sure what to do. How long can a dealer keep car when it arrives before you take delivery? Would it be realistic to push to mid late april? Last two weeks of March I'm on vacation anyway.
Old 11-24-2021 | 11:15 AM
Drew46
Drifting

I am sure they will hold it for delivery as long as you want as long as you have already paid them. Otherwise, while I think a couple of weeks is reasonable if you are away, I doubt they will hold it a month or two waiting for you to want to take it.
Old 03-03-2022 | 04:05 PM
ara
Rennlist Member

final spec submitted, after torturing myself over spec and coupe/cab decided I like the coupe better for myself. And finally saw a new gt3 in chalk at dealer and WOW. Pictures do not convey the truth about this colour. There's a hint of grey that my eyes see and all of a sudden all other colours disappeared for me. Here's is my final spec. I LOVE IT.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNH8V3D7
The following users liked this post:
Yojeffo (03-03-2022)
Old 06-02-2022 | 02:37 PM
ara
Rennlist Member

small update, car is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Crossing fingers all goes well in transport. Then off to pdi and ppf. I CAN"T WAIT
Old 06-09-2022 | 09:07 PM
ara
Rennlist Member

OH yes the car has landed. Now it's real.

Last edited by ara; 06-09-2022 at 09:09 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by ara:
BadlyDrawnBoy (06-10-2022), Drew46 (06-10-2022), Go Bruins (06-09-2022)

Quick Reply: Ordered my first Porsche! GTS4 Cab