Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 PCM Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2021 | 12:49 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Default 992 PCM Question

I just picked up my 992 this week, and I am trying to figure out a couple of functions on the PCM system. In all previous PCM equipped cars that I've had, the ability to have the current audio source display on the dashboard to the right of the tach was an option. You could use steering wheel controls to scroll through channel list or album playlists etc and utilize that instead of having to look down at the NAV screen.

So far I have figured out that there is a "Customization option" for the screens on the dash, but all it does is let me drag over "audio" as one of the options and it simply tells me what is currently playing. At the moment I have not been able to figure out how to be able to scroll through channel lists etc from the dashboard and use the wheel controls to make my selection.

Is this no longer an option? Did they incorporate the "skip ahead button" on the wheel because they took this function away? I know I can use the voice commands as well, but feel like I could do it faster with the scroll option

thanks for the help!

Old 06-23-2021 | 01:00 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by toph4242
I just picked up my 992 this week, and I am trying to figure out a couple of functions on the PCM system. In all previous PCM equipped cars that I've had, the ability to have the current audio source display on the dashboard to the right of the tach was an option. You could use steering wheel controls to scroll through channel list or album playlists etc and utilize that instead of having to look down at the NAV screen.

So far I have figured out that there is a "Customization option" for the screens on the dash, but all it does is let me drag over "audio" as one of the options and it simply tells me what is currently playing. At the moment I have not been able to figure out how to be able to scroll through channel lists etc from the dashboard and use the wheel controls to make my selection.

Is this no longer an option? Did they incorporate the "skip ahead button" on the wheel because they took this function away? I know I can use the voice commands as well, but feel like I could do it faster with the scroll option

thanks for the help!
No longer an option, you only get that one-line source. There is no dedicated display there for the audio.
The following users liked this post:
toph4242 (06-23-2021)
Old 06-23-2021 | 01:44 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aggie57
No longer an option, you only get that one-line source. There is no dedicated display there for the audio.
That clears it up then haha. thank you for the quick response. Ill get over it quick and just listen to the sports exhaust anyways... who needs music
The following 3 users liked this post by toph4242:
aggie57 (06-23-2021), BOSSOB (06-24-2021), dribar (06-23-2021)
Old 06-23-2021 | 06:38 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by toph4242
That clears it up then haha. thank you for the quick response. Ill get over it quick and just listen to the sports exhaust anyways... who needs music
baby ? driver ? ?

The following users liked this post:
toph4242 (06-23-2021)

Quick Reply: 992 PCM Question