992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PPF/Ceramic advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2021 | 05:07 PM
JRW1
Racer

Any reason why you are skipping PPF on the doors, which could get bumped by other car doors in parking lots?
Old 06-30-2021 | 05:55 PM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by JRW1
Any reason why you are skipping PPF on the doors, which could get bumped by other car doors in parking lots?
He's probably going to park on end-spots. Preferably end-spots by another car's passenger door, not driver's door.
Old 06-30-2021 | 05:56 PM
DriveItRob
AutoX

Good point about the doors and it's something I considered. I'm hyper cautious with where I park and have fortunately avoided door damage in the past with my vehicles but I may just have put a curse on the new Porsche. My main concern with the PPF was rock chips and flying debris, which seems to generally avoid doors. I have the sport design side skirts that may deflect road grime downward as well. When I pick up the car and if I don't think the doors blend well with the filmed sections I'll have it added. A1 black is my color...we'll see.
Old 06-30-2021 | 06:31 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TK42ONE
I have full ppf and ceramic on the wheels. Wheels are a must IMHO. They clean up so easy.

The ppf is ceramic coated and it does clean up nicely but not a easy as my older cars that were just ceramic coated. I do have some areas that need to be redone as all the air bubbles did not come out specifically around one headlight, the hood emblem and mirrors. Would I do it again? Maybe. The hips for sure need it mine is beat up already.

This is a video where an installer shows a panel that was paint correct vs one that was not before ppf. You could not tell the difference.

https://youtu.be/F7KYbBdRYxM
I’ve never paint corrected a car, and film applied after regular prep and looked great every time.

Quick Reply: PPF/Ceramic advice