CodyBigdog
Race Car

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,262 Posts

https://apple.news/AcfKjux_GQU2EJ5LD3oQWBQ
Old 06-11-2021, 02:54 PM
Ninja_Bum
Advanced

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Makes sense, I didn't really consider a lot of it could be they intentionally lessened their production thinking that people would buy fewer cars and it's adding to the furor right now.

I doubt this is sustainable in any industry. The house we are building without options cost a bit below 600k when we signed the contract. Now the same floorplan/size is listed at 200k more just 4 months later. Part of that is a fishing expedition on their part I'm sure, but I don't think this can continue.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:02 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Ninja_Bum
Makes sense, I didn't really consider a lot of it could be they intentionally lessened their production thinking that people would buy fewer cars and it's adding to the furor right.
This is exactly one of the major factors. Most manufacturers (except the Chinese ones from what I’ve read) decreased their supply (including chip) orders, expecting much lower demand. But with people having more discretionary spending power (combo of factors like not spending on vacations, stimulus, etc.), demand increased. A double shock to the industry, but economics 101. I suspect we’ll go back to equilibrium some time in 2022.
Old 06-11-2021, 10:38 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,367 Posts

I'd just like to respectfully mention that perhaps instead of focusing on "how much discount I can get", "what's the MSRP and the ADP", focus on the OTDP, or OUT THE DOOR PRICE. Depending on the State and dealer you'll get a certain discount and then when you think you've got it covered and want to pick up the car, they lumber you with all kinds of State and hidden BS like my dealer did with "lemon law", "convenience fee", forcing you to have them register your car (a frickin' nightmare) that may in the end come out close to MSRP. But more importantly raise your blood pressure for weeks on end.

Yes, a discount is nice, but the out the door price is what you should concentrate and get IN WRITING. Nothing sours something like you thought and agreed on a price only to find thousands more added for one bs after another. Just my 2 cents.

siberian
Old 06-11-2021, 11:19 PM
jdanza22
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by siberian
I'd just like to respectfully mention that perhaps instead of focusing on "how much discount I can get", "what's the MSRP and the ADP", focus on the OTDP, or OUT THE DOOR PRICE. Depending on the State and dealer you'll get a certain discount and then when you think you've got it covered and want to pick up the car, they lumber you with all kinds of State and hidden BS like my dealer did with "lemon law", "convenience fee", forcing you to have them register your car (a frickin' nightmare) that may in the end come out close to MSRP. But more importantly raise your blood pressure for weeks on end.

Yes, a discount is nice, but the out the door price is what you should concentrate and get IN WRITING. Nothing sours something like you thought and agreed on a price only to find thousands more added for one bs after another. Just my 2 cents.

siberian
that’s right, before I gave my deposit I knew what my final balance would be and it was still 4% discount
Old 06-12-2021, 01:20 AM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,842 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Originally Posted by siberian

siberian
agreed. I’ve always bought cars that way. You should have seen the antics at our local Mercedes dealer a few years back trying to work around it!
Old 12-15-2023, 01:20 PM
Surfingjeff
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 57 Posts

I paid 10 k over the window sticker but only 1k above the current configuration pricing from/Porsche if I ordered it due to the price increase. This 911 T had everything less the rear wheel steering .
Old 12-15-2023, 08:25 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,647 Likes on 778 Posts

Originally Posted by Surfingjeff
I paid 10 k over the window sticker but only 1k above the current configuration pricing from/Porsche if I ordered it due to the price increase. This 911 T had everything less the rear wheel steering .
And you felt the need to bump a 2 1/2 year old thread to tell us that because . . .?
The following users liked this post:
Icegrill (12-16-2023)
Old 12-15-2023, 10:41 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,880 Likes on 1,056 Posts

Cause alcohol? 🤷‍♂️
The following users liked this post:
Icegrill (12-16-2023)
Old 12-16-2023, 04:20 PM
blackland
Burning Brakes

Received 437 Likes on 254 Posts

On this date last year I traded in my 2021 GT4 for a 2022 C2. I got $5K over original MSRP for my GT4 and I paid $15K over original MSRP for my C2. I want to sell my GT4 while demand was high and I wanted the C2 now, not in two years.

Quick Reply: Prime example why no one should be buying a 911 right now