Sponsored by:

Time from Port Processing to Dealer Arrival

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 03:43 PM
AlanZZZ
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Time from Port Processing to Dealer Arrival

My C2 is scheduled to take Bishu Highway which will arrive at Jacksonville on 06/04. TYD shows Dealer arrival is also 06/04, which obviously cannot be true. Dealer is in Miami, FL and when can I expect to pick her up?

Another question. If I want to do PPF at a nearby shop, will the dealer be able to send her to the shop? If not, do I have to drive it to the shop myself? If it’s the latter case, I would hate to stay at a hotel for a couple of days while waiting PPF get done.
Old 05-19-2021, 07:27 PM
phila12180
Racer

Received 183 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by AlanZZZ
My C2 is scheduled to take Bishu Highway which will arrive at Jacksonville on 06/04. TYD shows Dealer arrival is also 06/04, which obviously cannot be true. Dealer is in Miami, FL and when can I expect to pick her up?

Another question. If I want to do PPF at a nearby shop, will the dealer be able to send her to the shop? If not, do I have to drive it to the shop myself? If it’s the latter case, I would hate to stay at a hotel for a couple of days while waiting PPF get done.
My car arrived at the port last Wednesday, my date for arrival to the dealer was 5/14/21. After that day came and went I now have an ETA to the dealer of 6/4/21, so unfortunately no idea. Hopefully it is soon.
Old 05-19-2021, 08:37 PM
bmclaurin
Instructor

Received 222 Likes on 67 Posts

The wild card right now is the amount of time in port...TPMS, etc. Could be anywhere from a couple days to a few weeks unfortunately at the moment for that step. But once it gets released for transport, it's pretty quick, depending on the proximity of your dealer to the actual port. In my case, it was released for transport in San Diego on a Thursday and arrived the next morning in Las Vegas. Once at the dealer, you're probably looking at a couple days (more or less) for prep until actual delivery. Not sure about your PPF question.
Old 05-19-2021, 08:46 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,826 Likes on 952 Posts

Once it gets to port wait until the next day, maybe two. At that point if TYD updates further out, TPMS delay, if it doesn’t change, there shouldn’t be a delay to the dealer.
Old 05-19-2021, 08:59 PM
sportmode
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

My C2S was processed at the Baltimore port on 5/18. Days til delivery went from 3 days to 16 days on TYD. Hurry up and wait!
Old 05-19-2021, 09:18 PM
Kurac
Racer

Received 216 Likes on 117 Posts

My delivery date got pushed out from 5-21 to 6-4. In port processing since yesterday. My dealer confirmed it’s due to TPMS shortage but was pretty confident I’d have the car this month. We’ll see
Old 05-19-2021, 10:07 PM
TJ74
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Everyone so far has pretty much covered the possibilities for delays of delivery to the dealer. As for PPF, you should ask your dealer if they have a shop that they use. I would assume your dealer has one and probably a couple of shops that they use. My dealer has a PPF installer that will pick up the car in an enclosed trailer. When I purchased my Corvette the dealer had 2 installers that they used who did the install at the dealership.
Old 05-20-2021, 12:23 AM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 849 Likes on 433 Posts

My car arrived and was released from the port same day - and it sat there for 9 days... and that was before the TPMS issue....
Old 05-20-2021, 12:46 AM
Tedster
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 167 Posts

My Delivery date moved up over a week, from June 6 to May 27 just since Monday. The Siem Confucius already stopped and unloaded some cars in RI and is now heading towards Baltimore where my Agate Grey C2S MT should be unloaded this Friday. No indication I am held up by the TPMS chip shortage so far but that could change. I understand it is not the in-wheel sensor chips but the main one behind or under the dash. No production picture on TYD yet though production finished exactly one month ago. Film must still be at the local Photomat being developed!
I have a local detailer I trust ready to pick it up from the dealer in an enclosed trailer for paint correction, total coverage PPF and ceramic. Dealer was told to leave the wrappers on. That means I will not drive it until a few days after Memorial day. I also have a Cayenne base Carrara white metallic on order and that car has not been produced yet and is due to be at dealer July 15 as of last Friday. Too bad Porsche does not extend TYD to other models than the 911.
The following users liked this post:
Russian Mafia (05-20-2021)
Old 05-20-2021, 09:09 AM
jdanza22
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by AlanZZZ

Alan, I'm on the ship with you.
My arrive at dealer date (same dealer as you) is 6/11. but as mentioned above we may get pushed back due to TPMS installation at the Jacksonville port. I guess we have to wait and see.
Old 05-20-2021, 10:56 AM
rdv
Instructor

Received 203 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by bmclaurin
The wild card right now is the amount of time in port...TPMS, etc. Could be anywhere from a couple days to a few weeks unfortunately at the moment for that step. But once it gets released for transport, it's pretty quick, depending on the proximity of your dealer to the actual port. In my case, it was released for transport in San Diego on a Thursday and arrived the next morning in Las Vegas. Once at the dealer, you're probably looking at a couple days (more or less) for prep until actual delivery. Not sure about your PPF question.
Ditto.
Mine came in through Baltimore. The Porsche web site tracker dates were worthless. Mine sat for about 7-10 days at the port before they shipped to dealer in NoVa, which only took a day. Then 2 days or so at dealer for prep.
Best to set expectations accordingly. Lots of moving parts to deal with.
Good luck, hope you don't have to wait too long.
Cheers,
Ross
Old 05-20-2021, 11:03 AM
XLR82XS
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 692 Likes on 452 Posts

I have a Taycan on Confucius now slated for 5/28 arrival in Jacksonville and according to dealer there should be no delays.

Regarding PPF, do what I did with my last new car. BTP for a day or two while in transit to your installer.

Old 05-20-2021, 02:02 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,876 Likes on 1,516 Posts

If it helps last July, before these microprocessor issues, my car arrived in San Diego July 1st and was at the dealer in Orange County July 8th. I could have collected it that day (actually collected it July 10th).

So 7 days from ship hitting the dock to in my hands.
Old 03-19-2022, 01:36 PM
Hyrule
6th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tedster
My Delivery date moved up over a week, from June 6 to May 27 just since Monday. The Siem Confucius already stopped and unloaded some cars in RI and is now heading towards Baltimore where my Agate Grey C2S MT should be unloaded this Friday. No indication I am held up by the TPMS chip shortage so far but that could change. I understand it is not the in-wheel sensor chips but the main one behind or under the dash. No production picture on TYD yet though production finished exactly one month ago. Film must still be at the local Photomat being developed!
I have a local detailer I trust ready to pick it up from the dealer in an enclosed trailer for paint correction, total coverage PPF and ceramic. Dealer was told to leave the wrappers on. That means I will not drive it until a few days after Memorial day. I also have a Cayenne base Carrara white metallic on order and that car has not been produced yet and is due to be at dealer July 15 as of last Friday. Too bad Porsche does not extend TYD to other models than the 911.
Hey Tedster…I’m in Hawthorn Woods and taking delivery of an agate gray C4S in about 3 weeks. Would you mind sharing more information about the detailer you mentioned? I’d love to connect with them for the same work you mentioned in the post. Thanks, and I’ll see you on Old McHenry!
Old 03-19-2022, 03:36 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by Hyrule
Hey Tedster…I’m in Hawthorn Woods and taking delivery of an agate gray C4S in about 3 weeks. Would you mind sharing more information about the detailer you mentioned? I’d love to connect with them for the same work you mentioned in the post. Thanks, and I’ll see you on Old McHenry!
Use Chicago Auto Pros in Glenview. I have been dealing with them for over 12 years dating back to when they only had their place in Glen Ellyn which they moved a year or two ago.

Their work is excellent. They have done my last 2 GT3s and also my GT4 when I had it. The two Owners are Greg and Jason.

I have used other places in the Chicago area and I only trust these guys. Learned the hard way. Here is a picture of what they did a couple years ago for me. It was flawless. I have a GTS Cabrio arriving in 2-3 weeks and they will also be working on her

The following 2 users liked this post by Jimmy-D:
Hyrule (03-19-2022), rouxeny (03-20-2022)

Quick Reply: Time from Port Processing to Dealer Arrival