Sponsored by:

Apple Carplay lost after latest iOS update

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 02:00 PM
BIGWORM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,057 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
On a related question - how long does the “free” CarPlay plan/subscription last, and where do you renew if you want to keep using? Thx.
I think it lasts 3yrs. And you keep it active via the porsche connect stuff. Like car tracking, lock the car, etc.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:37 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Thx. Last question - do they let is know when it comes due?
Old 05-05-2021, 04:03 PM
BIGWORM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,057 Likes on 532 Posts

Beats me. But I would think so. Its all part of the Porsche connect stuff. They want that money, so Im pretty sure they tell you when all of that is ending.
Old 05-05-2021, 04:34 PM
German1967
Pro

Received 597 Likes on 265 Posts

I hope Porsche will be forced to withdraw that silly CarPlay charge. BMW pulled this one in 2019 and had to retract. Then, again, Porsche charges you $400+ for a deviated Chrono dial... and people buy it anyway...
Old 05-05-2021, 05:25 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Originally Posted by German1967
I hope Porsche will be forced to withdraw that silly CarPlay charge. BMW pulled this one in 2019 and had to retract. Then, again, Porsche charges you $400+ for a deviated Chrono dial... and people buy it anyway...

I hear ya!
Old 05-05-2021, 07:30 PM
Daft Chief
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 84 Posts

This was why I let my Tesla Model 3 Performance go. I was told AFTER I bought the car that my traffic data and a few other "subscription" services would expire in a year. There was literally a "cars sold past this day" cutoff and the announcement was made significantly AFTER that day.

Worst customer experience ever. Porsche is going the wrong direction here.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:52 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Originally Posted by Daft Chief
This was why I let my Tesla Model 3 Performance go. I was told AFTER I bought the car that my traffic data and a few other "subscription" services would expire in a year. There was literally a "cars sold past this day" cutoff and the announcement was made significantly AFTER that day.

Worst customer experience ever. Porsche is going the wrong direction here.

BMW does the same thing. I also have a BMW. Anything involving data, is on an annual renewal schedule. I got 3 years free, and once they hook you, you are charged (if you want to continue) with the data services. As long as the price is reasonable, I’m OK with that.

Annual/subscription fees are pretty much how many software companies have headed.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 05-05-2021 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-06-2021, 12:57 PM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Location: Right below the Northern Lights, when not travelling all around.
Received 176 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by pet2065
I posted this in the turbo section but felt that this is not really a turbo specific issue so I'm re-posting it in the non-turbo 992 section.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I updated the operating system on my Apple iPhone 11 Pro to 14.5 (and then 14.5.1) and I immediately had trouble getting CarPlay to work on my 2021 992 TTS PCM as it had before.....

It worked as designed before the update and I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem too?

I've unpaired the phone and deleted the Bluetooth connection, CarPlay connection, and PCM connection repeatedly. I am able to pair the phone again but CarPlay never shows up along the left edge column on the PCM and the data screen shows the car trying to connect to the phone switching back-and-forth between data and Bluetooth.

Anyone else or is this an isolated issue?

Thank you
If the phone keeps trying to connect/switch between data and Bluetooth, it sounds like it hasn't finished the handshake process with CarPlay. When you pair the phone for the first time, CarPlay requires communication via Bluetooth after which it switches over to WiFi. As someone already said, try restarting the phone and/or reboot Bluetooth and WiFi connections both from the phone and the car. While initiating the pairing process via Bluetooth for the first time, make sure the phone connects to the correct Wifi bandwidth of the car (5 GHz). If this doesn't help, try also destroying the old CarPlay profiles from the phone via Settings/General and repeat the previous. In case these steps don't help (they should), it gets more complicated....
Old 09-26-2021, 04:24 AM
lobiancomou
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exactly same problem. After installing the IOS 15!!

I tried almost everything and reset all. But still.
only connects the phone but not the CarPlay.
would love to be back on track again with Spotify and google maps !

=pet2065;17410517]I posted this in the turbo section but felt that this is not really a turbo specific issue so I'm re-posting it in the non-turbo 992 section.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I updated the operating system on my Apple iPhone 11 Pro to 14.5 (and then 14.5.1) and I immediately had trouble getting CarPlay to work on my 2021 992 TTS PCM as it had before.....

It worked as designed before the update and I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem too?

I've unpaired the phone and deleted the Bluetooth connection, CarPlay connection, and PCM connection repeatedly. I am able to pair the phone again but CarPlay never shows up along the left edge column on the PCM and the data screen shows the car trying to connect to the phone switching back-and-forth between data and Bluetooth.

Anyone else or is this an isolated issue?

Thank you[/QUOTE]
Old 09-26-2021, 09:37 AM
michael818
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 149 Posts

I have had no problem with iOS 14.5, 14.5.1 or now with 15 and the iPhone 13. I had to pair the phone again (of course) and it synced right up. Make sure your phone shows the car in the CarPlay settings.
Old 10-12-2021, 10:38 AM
commie
Instructor

Received 104 Likes on 56 Posts

I have a 2021 C2S since July of this year with a iPhone 12. the carplay has been working perfectly since day 1. My iOS is version 15, not sure when it got updated, but CarPlay was still working till yesterday. I was driving the car yesterday, and carPlay was active and I was usingthe Waze app, then all of a sudden CarPlay stopped working. At my destination, I rebooted my iphone, but the Carplay on my PCM still shows 'no connection'. The bluetooth is connected to my phone.
I tried again this morning, and the CarPlay no longer shows up on my Carplay.
Anyone experienced something similar?
Old 10-12-2021, 10:59 AM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

Received 704 Likes on 352 Posts

Yes, I have had all kinds of problems with carplay. Sometimes rebooting the PCM works, other times powering everything off, or just unpairing both bluetooth and wifi. It's life with Porsche carplay. Been to the dealer, nothing helps.
Old 10-12-2021, 11:04 AM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

Received 704 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGWORM
Beats me. But I would think so. Its all part of the Porsche connect stuff. They want that money, so Im pretty sure they tell you when all of that is ending.
I have looked at all the Porsche Connect subscriptions and Carplay is not listed anywhere. I believe Porsche does not have a Carplay subscription. The Porsche connect is for their own navigation and wifi data packages.
Old 10-12-2021, 11:06 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by commie
I have a 2021 C2S since July of this year with a iPhone 12. the carplay has been working perfectly since day 1. My iOS is version 15, not sure when it got updated, but CarPlay was still working till yesterday. I was driving the car yesterday, and carPlay was active and I was usingthe Waze app, then all of a sudden CarPlay stopped working. At my destination, I rebooted my iphone, but the Carplay on my PCM still shows 'no connection'. The bluetooth is connected to my phone.
I tried again this morning, and the CarPlay no longer shows up on my Carplay.
Anyone experienced something similar?
I experienced a similar incident with CarPlay. The other day it bounced between Waze and the car's Nav without any inputs from me. I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Also recently the audio generated from CarPlay has been scratchy sounding. Traffic notices and Spotify playlist are annoying.... Anyone else?
Old 10-12-2021, 11:33 AM
Leecw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 49 Posts

Apparently there was a bug fix or 2 in iOS 15.0.2 which was released on 10/11/21 that should improve the stability - not had a chance to test just yet

Quick Reply: Apple Carplay lost after latest iOS update