Sponsored by:

PPF: Xpel good vid of how well it works

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 06:16 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,266 Posts
Default PPF: Xpel good vid of how well it works

After he removed the old film and put a new one on....he didn’t mention whether the new film covered/hid some of the blemishes that penetrated the film? I assume he didn’t fix the paint?
The following users liked this post:
Skarz (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 07:17 PM
Skarz
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 62 Posts

That is pretty impressive. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:49 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by Skarz
That is pretty impressive. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, I’m sold. Question is - Just do a front wrap, or also cover the doors/side?
Old 04-12-2021, 07:51 PM
Cornishman
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

What about the headlight glass? How did the glass fare?
Old 04-12-2021, 07:56 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by Cornishman
What about the headlight glass? How did the glass fare?
I was told that they also do the headlights. At least that is what my SA said about the guy they use.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:20 PM
Gables
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Not convinced PPF is a must get.

Problem i still have is justifying paying a lot of money for the comfort of knowing that underneath the wrap is a mostly "pristine" paint job. You can't enjoy your vehicle's pristine paint (see it) unless you remove the "damaged" wrap. Once you do that, you get to stare at your "pristine" paint for a few minutes before spending even more money to cover its depth and shine once again until the next time you decide to remove the wrap. In between wraps, your PPF film will have defects, dents and nicks just like paint except the damage is to the film (hopefully) and not the paint itself.

Last edited by Gables; 04-12-2021 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:28 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Originally Posted by Gables
Not convinced PPF is a must get.

Problem i still have is justifying paying a lot of money for the comfort of knowing that underneath the wrap is a mostly "pristine" paint job. You can't enjoy your vehicle's pristine paint (see it) unless you remove the "damaged" wrap. Once you do that, you get to stare at your "pristine" paint for a few minutes before spending even more money to cover its depth and shine once again until the next time you decide to remove the wrap. In between wraps, your PPF film will have defects, dents and nicks just like paint except the damage is to the film (hopefully) and not the paint itself.
I think it all depends on your tolerance/comfort level to stone chips? I know quite a few people who could care less if they get chips. For them, getting a PPF makes no sense. I am in the middle, and won’t get a full wrap, but will spend $2K to get parts of the car that are more prone to getting damaged.

Finally, a good friend of mine who tracks his two Porsche’s - a LOT. And he claims getting PPF is a “must” for anybody that regularly tracks their car. It is my understanding that for many “hits” on the PPF, “self heals” to some degree, and the car still looks mostly “pristine”.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 04-12-2021 at 08:34 PM.

Quick Reply: PPF: Xpel good vid of how well it works