Sponsored by:

PCM Navigation Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2021, 07:41 PM
Hormazd Dalal
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 72 Posts
Default PCM Navigation Question

Using the PCM navigation, I often find myself in heavy traffic but no red line on the MAP. The car doesn't automatically reroute you to avoid traffic like Google Maps or Waze. There is a re-route button that seems to do that, but what a pain. Can't it just figure out there is traffic and reroute you? What I am doing wrong?
Old 04-03-2021, 08:17 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,135 Likes on 3,006 Posts

Originally Posted by Hormazd Dalal
Using the PCM navigation, I often find myself in heavy traffic but no red line on the MAP. The car doesn't automatically reroute you to avoid traffic like Google Maps or Waze. There is a re-route button that seems to do that, but what a pain. Can't it just figure out there is traffic and reroute you? What I am doing wrong?
Check your Porsche connect setup to make sure that you’re actually getting traffic updates. Porsche’s Nav system isn’t as sophisticated as Google or Waze, but it is entirely serviceable. It will even direct you to nearby gas stations automatically when you run low on fuel.
Old 04-03-2021, 08:29 PM
Hormazd Dalal
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
Check your Porsche connect setup to make sure that you’re actually getting traffic updates. Porsche’s Nav system isn’t as sophisticated as Google or Waze, but it is entirely serviceable. It will even direct you to nearby gas stations automatically when you run low on fuel.
It's there shows traffic on the map and traffic warnings. Just doesn't reroute dynamically. Even though that is checked too.

Quick Reply: PCM Navigation Question