Sponsored by:

High Gloss Black Sport Design Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2021, 02:45 PM
wintershade
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 159 Posts
Default High Gloss Black Sport Design Kit

I currently have the “Gloss Black Sport Design Kit” on my GT Silver 992 C4S, paired with Gloss Black Mirror bases, window trim, and badges. I’m not a huge fan of the matte black on the “regular” bumpers, though I recognize it’s more practical perhaps as it’s less paint in the line of fire. It does add like $8-9K of cost though.

I haven’t seen this in the metal yet. How will it look? Is it too much black in the line of fire. I almost wonder if the regular body colored SD will look better Thoughts? I kind of prefer the “regular” rear bumper but there is no way to spec it with high gloss black and I want everything to be matched.

My build is pretty maxed out at $165K so it’s not a real “trade off” (I’m not skipping any options) though all else being equal I’d love to being in the cost so I take less of a hit if/when I trade in the 4S for a TT.

Anyone have pics of high gloss SD Kit? Any owners love or regret it?
The following users liked this post:
Tyler Borg (03-29-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 12:13 AM
Tyler Borg
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Also very interested.
Old 03-29-2021, 09:14 AM
o4co
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts

I also selected Hi-gloss Sport Design on AG build. I am really turned off by the matte black trim - reminds me of a generic car, not an expensive toy. Looks a bit too much of 'cheap plastic' to me and my tastes. I saw some actual pics posted in the 992 Turbo section (car was GR I believe) and it looked absolutely killer - particularly on the back end. I am stoked to see what it looks like in person around June / July when it arrives. I am surprised more folks do not select it, but thats ok with me. If for whatever reason I do not like the look of it after awhile, can always wrap it - but I dont think that is going to happen.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:59 PM
Ofir911
Intermediate

Received 80 Likes on 20 Posts

I love it but obviously biased since I have the Aerokit with the black high gloss option. To be honest, I always liked matte better and wasn’t sure if I would like that but once I got the car I was hooked, I think it gives the car a sharper look and works well with a white car. The only watch out is that black gloss parts are hard to keep scratch free so if you don’t plan on PPF the rockers and from lip get ready to live with some paint imperfections.
Old 03-29-2021, 02:34 PM
BIGWORM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,058 Likes on 533 Posts

I would get the color matched front lip, gloss black window trim and gloss black lower mirror housing. And leave the bumper inserts matte.
Old 03-29-2021, 03:10 PM
wintershade
Rennlist Member

Yeah, I love the idea of everything matching, but I just worry for something driven regularly year round the gloss black will look ratty before long. TBH the body line from side view of the “regular” (non SD front or side skirts) seems to look best to my eye, but that damn matte black plastic grin of the regular bumper kills me.
Old 04-07-2021, 07:42 AM
wintershade
Rennlist Member

After much waffling, I pulled the trigger on this. Saw chalk Cayanne in the showroom with it and the contrast just looked stunning. I even switched my exterior color from GT Silver to Chalk. I felt like the non-metallic gloss black trim just worked amazing with non-metallic Chalk. Will send pics in July when car arrives.

Quick Reply: High Gloss Black Sport Design Kit