Sponsored by:

2021 S Cab right window issue or personality trait

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 10:09 PM
harshalp
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default 2021 S Cab right window issue or personality trait

Hey guys do you think I should bug the service guys about my very new (picked up end of dec) S Cab's right window not wanting to roll up all the way when closing the top (leading to me reopening, reclosing, reopening, and reclosing the top - the first set of reopen/close doesn't get the window to come up usually) or just treat it like a personality trait of the car? Its a pretty inconsistent issue which happens maybe 60% of the time 100% of the time so I'm thinking of just treating it like a personality trait, it's almost as if the car is winking goodbye haha .... interested in getting y'alls opinons.

It literally never rains where I live, so aside from road trips it's more just funny than bothersome and that has me not exactly in a rush to address it since it would likely mean not having my car..... and a macan loaner is not the same
Old 02-16-2021, 10:16 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,373 Likes on 747 Posts

Try this, from the manual:

Storing final position of windows

The final positions of the windows are lost after the battery is disconnected and reconnected. Windows automatic mode is not operative.

Perform the following steps for all windows:

Close the window completely once by pulling the rocker switch to the second setting.
When the window is completely closed, briefly pull the rocker switch to the second setting again.
The following 2 users liked this post by John Mclane:
BOSSOB (02-20-2021), harshalp (02-16-2021)
Old 02-18-2021, 10:17 AM
harshalp
Instructor

This sort of worked, making sure all of the windows are closed after opening the top has helped with closing the top without the back right window "winking", but it has now been replaced with the front and back right windows doing the same behavior when opening the top so (better than before, window not closing when closing the tops closing is more annoying than just making sure all the windows are closed and closed again before driving w top down)

I'm now more convinced the car is alive and this is a personality trait, once it realized I was going to stop the winking it must have come up with an alternative
Old 02-18-2021, 11:29 AM
Kansas32
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

I’ve had this happen too. I found that every time the window malfunctioned I had the wheels turned to go into the driveway or I was pulling into the driveway. Having the wheels straight and being on a flat surface took care of the issue. You might check and see if you experience the same thing.
The following users liked this post:
harshalp (02-18-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 08:51 PM
harshalp
Instructor

Tested it in a few flat spots with no dice but since flat or incline didn't help I eventually tried opening the top on a decline...worked like magic (not sure if its always gonna work but tried 3 times and it worked 3 times)

Thanks a lot for the suggestion
The following users liked this post:
Kansas32 (02-25-2021)

Quick Reply: 2021 S Cab right window issue or personality trait