Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Base - Front Ground Clearance?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2021, 06:12 PM
hal26
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 27 Posts
Default 992 Base - Front Ground Clearance?

I have a 4 post lift and my new bone stock

911 without any lowering mods or ground effects (low option car) is on the way. I need to order some ramps for my BendPak HD-9 lift. I'm wondering just how many inches of clearance there is upfront. Thanks!
Old 01-26-2021, 10:45 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

I found a spec that the ground clearance is 4.29 inches (109mm) unladen.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:34 PM
wasabi4
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by hal26
I have a 4 post lift and my new bone stock

911 without any lowering mods or ground effects (low option car) is on the way. I need to order some ramps for my BendPak HD-9 lift. I'm wondering just how many inches of clearance there is upfront. Thanks!
Not quite the answer but from the Porsche website for 911 Carrera Technical Specs - Approach angle is 10.1 degrees.
hope this helps.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:38 PM
540gone
Instructor

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

Just measured mine (C2 w/ standard PASM & 20/21 RS Spyders) & the lowest ground clearance in front of the front tire is the bottom of the fender liner which extends below the underbody panel in front of it. The clearance there is 4". The liner is somewhat flexible, but not very. It can be seen in your picture just in front of the tire, If you would want to trim that liner so it doesn't extend down below the underbody panel, you would gain about an additional 1/2" or so..

When in the down position on the floor, the "rails" or "deck" of my lift are 4" above the floor, and it has detachable ramps that are 36" long which makes an easy on/off. The approach without some sort of ramp would be difficult, but they probably don't need to be that long.

Hope this helps.

ps. Don't knock the red tach dial (saw your other post) - take a look at mine w/ red seatbelts & floormats w/ logo & edges to match. To each his own

Last edited by 540gone; 01-26-2021 at 11:53 PM. Reason: add comment & picture
Old 01-27-2021, 01:42 PM
hal26
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 540gone
Just measured mine (C2 w/ standard PASM & 20/21 RS Spyders) & the lowest ground clearance in front of the front tire is the bottom of the fender liner which extends below the underbody panel in front of it. The clearance there is 4". The liner is somewhat flexible, but not very. It can be seen in your picture just in front of the tire, If you would want to trim that liner so it doesn't extend down below the underbody panel, you would gain about an additional 1/2" or so..

When in the down position on the floor, the "rails" or "deck" of my lift are 4" above the floor, and it has detachable ramps that are 36" long which makes an easy on/off. The approach without some sort of ramp would be difficult, but they probably don't need to be that long.

Hope this helps.

ps. Don't knock the red tach dial (saw your other post) - take a look at mine w/ red seatbelts & floormats w/ logo & edges to match. To each his own
Thank you all for your very helpful replies. 540gone - that was an excellent response. I LOVE the red tach ring

I just think the price was ridiculous. Your interior looks great, especially the red seat belts. I may attempt to get the matching seatbelts.
Thanks again everyone!

Quick Reply: 992 Base - Front Ground Clearance?