Aero Side Skirt "Color"

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 12:23 AM
ryanlsmith
Racer

Received 262 Likes on 132 Posts
Default Aero Side Skirt "Color"

Regarding https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU992SSILLS.html

I know it says it "comes in primer, must be painted" - but is the primer the same as the standard skirt, i.e. the same as the front lip and rear diffuser? In other words, if you didn't paint, would it match those, or is it even worse?
Old 01-19-2021, 01:15 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,153 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Paint it.

Primer is Primer.

You can rattle can that part, its down low and is going to get beat up with rocks, so a some slight orange peel won't make any difference in that location. Don't pay a pro $ 500 to do those skirts. $ 60 worth of paint and a little 400 grit wet sandpaper is all you need. You can also do your front spoiler lip with this kit, once you bang it up a few times, sand it down and paint it. I have many times.

The following users liked this post:
ryanlsmith (01-19-2021)
Old 01-19-2021, 01:18 AM
ryanlsmith
Racer

Received 262 Likes on 132 Posts

Thanks...I agree it's going to get banged up, which was kind of why I was asking. I've been wanting to get more aggressive side skirts, and I tossed around the idea of getting full CF bits - front lip, side skirts, rear diffuser. But between the lip and skirt exposure, and difficulty of rear diffuser install, it seems not worth it.

The reason I was asking about the skirt color is because I actually like the "black" of the current ones...it stays in theme with the front lip and diffuser. If it's painted, it seems like it might be out of place.

Quick Reply: Aero Side Skirt "Color"