Sponsored by:

PCM - Favorite Home configuration ? Pics Please

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2021, 08:14 PM
Vsapra
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mathus7
In the center top of home screen there are three bars and down arrow. This opens a drop down menu with home screen management functions. From there you can select functions for home screen listed on right then drag and drop. Once you get the weather widget on home screen click the widget while still in home screen editor to see the display options.
I figured it out. Getting the color current weather conditions and icon is NOT part of the Weather widget. It is part of the Navigation widget. You have to set the Home favorite with your preferred location and then add the navigation tile.

Oddly enough, once you add the Navigation tile and selected weather conditions are displayed on the Home Screen, tapping it takes you to Weather App (full widescreen) , NOT Navigation.

The following users liked this post:
Bluehighways (01-24-2021)
Old 01-24-2021, 02:45 AM
mikey94025
Rennlist Member

Received 318 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Vsapra
I figured it out. Getting the color current weather conditions and icon is NOT part of the Weather widget. It is part of the Navigation widget. You have to set the Home favorite with your preferred location and then add the navigation tile.
I just figured this out too, so to reinforce the instructions:
  • Do not put the Apps / Weather tile on your PCM home screen
  • Instead put the small Navigation tile on your home screen, then scroll to the right once so it gets set to Favorites
  • Add your home address as a favorite in your Navigation settings
Then the weather display can look like the PCM home screen posted earlier:

For step-by-step instructions, see: https://www.macanforum.com/threads/m...7/post-2582883
Wilsontour (01-24-2021)
Old 01-24-2021, 11:51 AM
Ascayman
Track Day

Received 38 Likes on 12 Posts

Last two posts really helpful. Thanks for that. I have on mine now
Old 01-24-2021, 05:05 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,674 Likes on 1,256 Posts

Thanks to a number of folks in theis thread, I became aware of and have employed several of the options that are available. I have come up with this.

emesso (01-24-2021)
Old 01-24-2021, 05:34 PM
emesso
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi again, CarPlay is connected and running in the background and still can't see the small CP on top :/
Old 01-24-2021, 06:25 PM
mikey94025
Rennlist Member

Received 318 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Thanks to a number of folks in theis thread, I became aware of and have employed several of the options that are available. I have come up with this.
Thanks - I really like the Favorites list on the left and easily available like that so I just updated my PCM home screen to include it. Too bad that only the Large square tile size offers that Favorites list and I would've preferred a half-height/Medium size list (similar to what Navigation supports) but it seems unsupported for Media favorites. I also wish there were a PCM home screen tile to easily switch between Radio and SD since the Favorites list is separated between those media types.
Bluehighways (01-24-2021)
Old 01-24-2021, 08:06 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,674 Likes on 1,256 Posts

Originally Posted by emesso
Hi again, CarPlay is connected and running in the background and still can't see the small CP on top :/
Each time I changed my "Home" screen I would loose that small CP as well. However, once I launched CarPlay from the icon on the side, the small CP would then appear. At this point, if I shut off the car and wait for everything to power down and then turn the ignition back on, the small CP was still there. I tried this with my iPhone plugged into the USB port and I also tried it wirelessly (no USB port connection). Same result. Now, it always remembered to place the small CP on the top of the screen. FWIW, I haven't tried this power down sequence for more than a couple of minutes. So I don't know if there's a short term keep alive memory that may be skewing my results. I'll check again tomorrow and see if this small CP icon "learning" has persisted or perished.

UPDATE: In sort, the small CP icon at the top of the Home screen perished. It seems that it will reappear "IF" CarPlay is been selected from the icon on the side stip of icons -or- "IF" CarPlay is one of the Widgets on the Hone Screen. Otherwise, left to sit overnight the small CP icon at the top of the Home screen will not reappear on its own.

Last edited by Bluehighways; 01-27-2021 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Long term "Learning" update.
emesso (01-25-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 03:37 PM
preems
Advanced

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

I wish we could run CarPlay full screen since the side info widget isn’t all that useful. Running one of these for now.

Quick Reply: PCM - Favorite Home configuration ? Pics Please