Sponsored by:

Dealer applied PPF and ceramic?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2021, 11:15 AM
malibu515
Burning Brakes

Received 501 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by RD16RR
I don't think any dealers actually apply the product - i'd bet most send the car out to the shop they work with
My dealer does in fact have its wrap on site. Yes there is a separate bay, but it is exposed to the dust and effect of the many other cars under service at the time.
The installer was excellent, and I found out that he also worked for a local Wrap conmany. But, that wrap company owner was an arrogant jerk, that didn't like that me and my friend asked questions about his installation practice, and told me to go elsewhere as I did. I went with Clear Bra Ohio that did a fabulous job.
Old 01-26-2021, 12:25 PM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Carl Over
Definitely don’t let the dealer install PPF nor ceramic. It will likely be sub par. Speak with local PCA Chapter members and they will point you in the right direction. You will be much happier.
When they say "Dealer installed" they probably have an independent come in. Thats what my dealer did. PPF guy was great......detailer/polisher butchered a bunch of cars mine included.
Old 01-26-2021, 06:33 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

I have a rule (learned the hard way) that I avoid leaving the car with the dealer any longer than absolutely necessary. Think about all the jam packed parking lots, service bays, constant shuffling of cars at most dealerships - where is the dealer going to find room for a time consuming PPF application? Oh - right, they usually sub it out. Who is actually going to do the work? And where? And at what kind of cut-rate so there's room for the dealer to make their profit? If you are getting PPF, get it from a reputable shop that does that as their core business. Maybe that's who the dealer actually hires, or maybe... not. That's my $0.02.

Quick Reply: Dealer applied PPF and ceramic?