Sponsored by:

Techart HAS

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 10:12 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,797 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete C
Happy to report that the springs have worked flawlessly on the car.
Ride is great, no harshness/noises or error lights.

long story short, I decided to trade the car back and the dealer agreed to remove the
springs as part of the deal. I’ll be posting them for sale. They have about 125 miles on them.

How much are you selling them for?
Old 09-12-2021, 09:48 PM
Pete C
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by M3Inline6
How much are you selling them for?

PM Sent
Old 09-25-2021, 08:18 AM
Pete C
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 67 Posts

Springs are available now. Will be posting them in the classified section shortly.

PM if interested.

Thx.
Old 09-28-2021, 05:54 PM
por356
Racer

Received 382 Likes on 149 Posts

KW HAS, no fault codes and still a comfortable ride....
The following users liked this post:
dhirm5 (11-18-2021)
Old 09-29-2021, 10:00 AM
westsiderkg
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by por356

Looks fantastic. Did you have factory 10mm lowered PASM? How low in mm over factory did you go front and rear with the KWs, perfect stance by the way.
Vista6019 (09-29-2021)
Old 09-29-2021, 10:01 AM
westsiderkg
Racer

Thanks for all the feedback everyone about the front wheels gap too!
Old 09-29-2021, 11:13 AM
por356
Racer

Received 382 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by westsiderkg
Looks fantastic. Did you have factory 10mm lowered PASM? How low in mm over factory did you go front and rear with the KWs, perfect stance by the way.
No, I didn't have the factory 10mm as this is a Base. I'm not sure how many mm's down, just told him to have approx 1" or less gap from tire to body.

I'm pleased with the stance also, used 7mm spacers front and rear. I know the 19/20" wheels aren't shown much love here, but I really like the looks and wanted as much tire cushion as possible since the roads around here suck!
Old 11-18-2021, 01:28 PM
westsiderkg
Racer

I have a basically newTechart HAS kit for sale if anyone wants them over BNIB, wants to save a few hundred PM me, listed in classifieds also. Thanks.
Old 04-12-2022, 08:53 PM
topherserrano
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Very interesting, as I was looking at KW H.A.S. for my 991.2 with OE front axle lift. There seems to be conflicting info, and I prefer the lack of wild colors on the TechArt parts…

But the straight-rate springs are the real motivator here. Having done progressive lowering springs in my 991.2, I am looking to replace them—but just can't bring myself to go back to the stock SUV height.

I’m curious to know the difference between the KW HAS and TechArt HAS. Are you saying the TechArt HAS springs are straight-rate (linear) and that KW HAS uses progressive springs for their kit?

From your experience, would you stay away from progressive springs as they can negatively affect handling? I’ve read Progressive springs have a negative impact on PASM dampers.

Thanks.
Old 04-15-2022, 09:39 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by topherserrano
I’m curious to know the difference between the KW HAS and TechArt HAS. Are you saying the TechArt HAS springs are straight-rate (linear) and that KW HAS uses progressive springs for their kit?

From your experience, would you stay away from progressive springs as they can negatively affect handling? I’ve read Progressive springs have a negative impact on PASM dampers.

Thanks.
^ Yes. I would stay away from progressive springs with PASM dampers, though I'll temper that with two comments up front: 1) My experiences pertain to a 991.2 Carrera with PASM, not a 992 with PASM, and 2) I value handling/predictability > a soft ride.

It certainly isn't an all-the-time problem in my 991.2 Carrera. The ride 50-80% of the time is actually a little better than with the stock springs. It's ~5-10% of the time issue, mainly when the car encounters a single, real bump that gets into the springs' higher rates, which challenge PASM's ability to adjust the dampers in time to control the oscillation. It isn't terrible, but it isn't as good as the car was stock. I'll address sooner or later, whether with KW H.A.S. or Tractive or similar. But if I had it to do over again, I'd have either left it stock or gone a different way.
topherserrano (04-15-2022)
Old 04-15-2022, 09:43 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Overdraft
You can Choose to lower 15 to 40 mm..I chose 20mm.
Originally Posted by Pete C
Car is a ‘21 4S with Pasm & lift
^ Cars look great.

Originally Posted by por356

KW HAS just may be the way to roll…very interesting to watch this thread. Is there any mechanical difference between KW HAS and TechArt version that anyone has seen besides anodizing color?
Old 04-15-2022, 11:28 PM
topherserrano
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
^ Yes. I would stay away from progressive springs with PASM dampers, though I'll temper that with two comments up front: 1) My experiences pertain to a 991.2 Carrera with PASM, not a 992 with PASM, and 2) I value handling/predictability > a soft ride.

It certainly isn't an all-the-time problem in my 991.2 Carrera. The ride 50-80% of the time is actually a little better than with the stock springs. It's ~5-10% of the time issue, mainly when the car encounters a single, real bump that gets into the springs' higher rates, which challenge PASM's ability to adjust the dampers in time to control the oscillation. It isn't terrible, but it isn't as good as the car was stock. I'll address sooner or later, whether with KW H.A.S. or Tractive or similar. But if I had it to do over again, I'd have either left it stock or gone a different way.
Thank you for sharing your experience. I’m on the same boat regarding your sentiments on valuing handling over a soft ride. I currently have “Regular” PASM which is phenomenal in every aspect, however, I am looking to lower 15mm for aesthetics solely and don’t want to negatively impact the current suspension’s performance and feel.

Unfortunately, the Bilstein EVO SE Coilovers are a fixed drop of 35mm on the front coils if you’re vehicle is equipped with FAL (which mine is), otherwise I would certainly go for coilovers vs HAS springs with stock dampers.

Your insight has solidified my decision to opt for the TechArt HAS since they are Linear Springs both front and rear, vs the KW HAS that are Progressive Springs on the front and Linear Springs rear.

I think the minimal drop of 15mm should keep the OEM PASM dampers within their optimum operating range?

thanks.
Old 04-17-2022, 12:35 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by topherserrano
Thank you for sharing your experience. I’m on the same boat regarding your sentiments on valuing handling over a soft ride. I currently have “Regular” PASM which is phenomenal in every aspect, however, I am looking to lower 15mm for aesthetics solely and don’t want to negatively impact the current suspension’s performance and feel.

Unfortunately, the Bilstein EVO SE Coilovers are a fixed drop of 35mm on the front coils if you’re vehicle is equipped with FAL (which mine is), otherwise I would certainly go for coilovers vs HAS springs with stock dampers.

Your insight has solidified my decision to opt for the TechArt HAS since they are Linear Springs both front and rear, vs the KW HAS that are Progressive Springs on the front and Linear Springs rear.

I think the minimal drop of 15mm should keep the OEM PASM dampers within their optimum operating range?

thanks.
Can't speak to optimum operating range of PASM dampers w/a 15mm drop, but your text above in bold highlights how good 992 owners have it in the choice between HAS from KW or TechArt. FWIW, TechArt's aesthetic and linear springs would make them a no-brainer for me.

Last I checked, TechArt did not offer HAS for the 991.2 and unfortunately had little interest in doing so.
topherserrano (04-17-2022)

Quick Reply: Techart HAS