Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket suspension/lowering options?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 08:11 PM
PLS TCI
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Aftermarket suspension/lowering options?

I have a TTS cab arriving later this winter and after considering it’s a cab (not a track car), my back problems, terrible local roads, and highway daily driving, I did not check the SPASM box. Actually, I checked it, then unchecked it, the checked it, and unchecked it until eventually the build locked

That said, from an aesthetics standpoint, I much prefer the 10mm lowered stance.

Could anyone recommend a very high quality aftermarket solution that would get me the same -10mm lowered stance without sacrificing any ride comfort? Maybe Ohlins R&T?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-30-2020, 08:32 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,470 Likes on 2,814 Posts

Originally Posted by PLS TCI
I have a TTS cab arriving later this winter and after considering it’s a cab (not a track car), my back problems, terrible local roads, and highway daily driving, I did not check the SPASM box. Actually, I checked it, then unchecked it, the checked it, and unchecked it until eventually the build locked

That said, from an aesthetics standpoint, I much prefer the 10mm lowered stance.

Could anyone recommend a very high quality aftermarket solution that would get me the same -10mm lowered stance without sacrificing any ride comfort? Maybe Ohlins R&T?

Thanks in advance!
I've seen pics of a TTS dropped on H&R springs, but springs are never really an ideal solution. Ohlins are awesome coilovers, but very hard to get a hold of right now. I believe fitment should work, but you'll need a savvy installer with PIWIS experience to disable PASM and reset the ride height sensors. I do think Ohlins and KW have PASM delete boxes.
Old 12-31-2020, 12:12 PM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

Received 704 Likes on 352 Posts

Bilstein makes an aftermarket suspension for the 992 that works with the stock PASM controller. They also are the OEM supplier for the stock setup. Also have a setup that works with FAL. Not cheap but is a proper replacement that should eliminate the issues with lowering your car with aftermarket springs.
Old 12-31-2020, 12:31 PM
PLS TCI
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by inastrangeland
Bilstein makes an aftermarket suspension for the 992 that works with the stock PASM controller. They also are the OEM supplier for the stock setup. Also have a setup that works with FAL. Not cheap but is a proper replacement that should eliminate the issues with lowering your car with aftermarket springs.
Thanks again guys. Bilstein EVO SE looks like an ideal solution.
Old 01-01-2021, 10:05 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts

I am planning on ordering when available.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket suspension/lowering options?