Sponsored by:

Building 992

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2020, 07:02 PM
Sas_
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Building 992

Hello, I have 2017 718 base with bunch of options and a color that i love - Miami blue. I was not sure about this bright color when i bought it but i feel i grew with that color and love it. Got many complements too from strangers which i love:-) I love driving experience of 718 but it lacks power. Pushing it, it is noisy inside the cabin which i hate.

Started looking into 2021 992. Love the new interior. I am building one with following:
- C4S
- outside racing yellow with black wheels, inside red/black. wanted miami blue but Porsche stopped it:-(

it is getting expensive for sure. Went to dealer and saw a 718 GT with racing yellow. the yellow looked not so reach in that model. so wanted feedback on -

1) How do you feel racing yellow with red/black interior? the Pic looks good but not sure how this will look when i see it (none available to see in near by dealer)
2) i love the handling of 718. thoughts on why you would get a 911 when you enjoy 718, How do you compare handling?
3) thoughts on C4S vs C2S. why should i spend $7k for 4 wheel drive?
4) Lastly, is it worth the upgrade?

thank you!
Old 12-19-2020, 08:13 PM
makoshark72
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Wrong forum, go to the 992 forum. This is for classics.
Old 12-20-2020, 11:09 AM
Z3papa
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

This discussion has me interested in both the vehicles discussed and color concerns.

I In July, I bought a 2018 BGTS in Miami Blue. We also drove a GY Metalic Silver BGTS, the color of which I preferred but my wife vetoed vis a vis MB. In hindsight, I can tell from the comments the decision was right. It may slow me down as there is no flying under the radar, the color has an almost magnetic attraction in person. In terms of which car, I came back purposely to get a two seater vert after having ventured away for a while and wanted to have something I could autocross in, we could go on weekend trips in, and just be fun. A 911 vert is too big. If I didn't get a vert, a 982 911 would be a real consideration along with a Cayman.
The following users liked this post:
Sas_ (12-20-2020)
Old 12-20-2020, 05:37 PM
NAV5
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi SAS,
I had a previous 2017 Cayman S, PDK. After a few months, I realized I didn’t like the turbo lag in the 4 cylinder engine. It wasn’t drastic, but definitely enough for me to notice. I did feel the Cayman was tighter and a better cornering car. Both are amazing, so I don’t think you can go wrong.
I should have listened to my wife who told me to get a 911. I traded it in on a manual 911 GTS 991.2. Amazing car that I really should have kept.
Fast forward, now I bought a 2020 911 4S. I love the new interior, and the engine is stop on.
Worth the extra money, I think so.

You asked about the 4S. What part of the country do you live in? Drive it year round? Only you know that.

All the best in your decision making.
‘cheers,
NAV

Quick Reply: Building 992