Sponsored by:

Thanks, Nick Murray!! My new 992 911 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2020, 12:06 PM
MGC 911
Instructor

Received 143 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by NI3
Love it! Looks a lot like my current build waiting for lock! Please post more interior pics. Enjoy!

some interior pics.
The following 10 users liked this post by MGC 911:
atl1glf (11-29-2020), Blue911Heaven (11-29-2020), Garydose (11-29-2020), heshalosny (01-13-2022), masti99 (11-30-2020), NorthRoad (11-29-2020), pelucidor (11-30-2020), stevepow (11-29-2020), Vintage72 (11-29-2020), Wilsontour (11-29-2020) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-29-2020, 12:25 PM
Brad911
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 84 Posts

Congratulations on an outstanding build! I’m a PDK guy simply because nobody does it better, and I fully agree on blue - mine is Gentian Blue & Slate interior.

Amazing cars. Good to see a younger one interested as today’s youth have much more automotive apathy than previous generations in my opinion. Enjoy, stay healthy & keep family and faith first always!

Last edited by Brad911; 11-29-2020 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-29-2020, 01:13 PM
uniqueMR
Rennlist Member

Received 556 Likes on 420 Posts

Congrats
Old 11-29-2020, 01:50 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,772 Likes on 5,138 Posts

Close call.

But at least you didn't spec the rear wipers.

Enjoy the new ride.
The following users liked this post:
tfcoll (11-30-2020)
Old 11-29-2020, 01:56 PM
gymdent
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

Congrats on a beautiful build! Waiting on my manual C2S, GT silver with a full leather Bordeau red interior (black dash), sport design front and rear. Damn CARB!

Yes, I love Nick’s videos. His configuration videos are great.
Old 11-29-2020, 02:16 PM
wizee
Rennlist Member

Received 826 Likes on 453 Posts

Great spec! It’s nice to see builds that are not the generic silver or grey with all black interior. I’m sure you and your son will have lots of fun!
dribar (11-30-2020)
Old 11-29-2020, 03:44 PM
RSUV
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 24 Posts

Congrats on the new car. I also made an impulse purchase this week. My wife had a Taycan Turbo S due for delivery and I made the mistake of visiting the dealer... 992 C4S in Aventurine Green arrives next week! Car had just arrived and with a decent spec by the dealer, sports exhaust, Matrix headlamps etc. It’ll be something of a daily driver, especially during winter (I have some really nice cars for the summer). In the process I also discovered Nick Murray’s reviews which are amusing and informative in equal measure. Don’t always agree with his conclusions but that’s ok.

Last edited by RSUV; 11-29-2020 at 03:46 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by RSUV:
997usa (11-29-2020), wasabi4 (11-29-2020)
Old 11-29-2020, 07:30 PM
dannyss
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 81 Posts

Congrats and enjoy!
With the last few days we've just had here, in MTL, I hope you found the time to go drive a few nice roads.
Old 11-29-2020, 07:31 PM
MGC 911
Instructor

Originally Posted by NorthRoad
The car looks stunning! Will you drive year-round? You’re not far from the PDE in Mécaglisse!
I do think that the personal touches you configure (in spite of the extra $) are what really make the car “yours”. Thanks to guidance from Nick M and others, and the great people on RL, I have a very similar build on order - C4S in NBM with mostly black accents (“stealthy” build - I’m a low key guy lol), no MT. I debated deviated seat centres, thought they looked amazing; in the end went with Sport-Tex with aluminum int trim. Build: PMCL5GI7. I’ve had a somewhat rough few years, but this is something I am looking forward to.
Good health and open roads!
‘Originally I was going with sport-Tex, but while I was building my car in the configurator, there was a problem with it conflicting with a manual transmission for some reason. So as I built different configurations, I ended up settling on deviated seat centres. Your build looks awesome. Congrats!
NorthRoad (12-01-2020)
Old 11-29-2020, 07:58 PM
Nyuofa
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats! Fantastic car!

I think the best part of all this, you got to share this with your son. I hope to do this with my first 911 as well.

Enjoy the drive!
Old 11-29-2020, 08:06 PM
MGC 911
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nyuofa
Congrats! Fantastic car!

I think the best part of all this, you got to share this with your son. I hope to do this with my first 911 as well.

Enjoy the drive!
Yes. Agreed. It was a very special day. My boy got a first class tour of the dealership including all the specialty cars locked away in the basement. He said it was the best day of his life.
The following 2 users liked this post by MGC 911:
aggie57 (11-29-2020), Russian Mafia (11-29-2020)
Old 11-29-2020, 10:10 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by RSUV
Congrats on the new car. I also made an impulse purchase this week. My wife had a Taycan Turbo S due for delivery and I made the mistake of visiting the dealer... 992 C4S in Aventurine Green arrives next week! Car had just arrived and with a decent spec by the dealer, sports exhaust, Matrix headlamps etc. It’ll be something of a daily driver, especially during winter (I have some really nice cars for the summer). In the process I also discovered Nick Murray’s reviews which are amusing and informative in equal measure. Don’t always agree with his conclusions but that’s ok.
I'd really like to hear more about this part @RSUV .
Old 11-30-2020, 05:54 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 832 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by MGC 911
With my boy!
Congrats...car looks great. Yes Nick Murray's videos on the 992 do give buyers a pretty good idea of what is avail and what one buyer thinks of each...if anything they serve as a point of dicussion and thought on what is important for the buyer and what he/she may be able to do without. For me for example after watching the videos multiple times and a few other reviews I was set that I really didn't want all of the items in the Premium package on the 992 and would rather pay for 1 or 2 items out of the package I wanted....but for me I did NOT want the automatic cruise control so that package was a no go for me. Nick Murray's video helped me with that decision.
Originally Posted by wasabi4
Sweet build. Love the gloss black bits. I also used Nick Murray's two videos to help with some initial specs on my build. Still fine tuning at this point so it is helpful when rennlisters post their new car pics.

Congrats and enjoy!
Originally Posted by Helios59
Awesome, congratulations! What a great color combo. Our local dealer has a Night Blue C4 in the showroom that I sat in many times while deciding on my configuration. Night Blue is a terrific color. And what a fantastic experience for your son.

Yes, Nick’s two-part option video series was a huge help to us, too. Enjoy your new ride!
Looks great and congrats. I too reviewed Nick Murray's video both of them and they were helpful.
Originally Posted by RSUV
Yes take his conclusions with a bit of salt...good info and opinion but not gospel...but they were helpful in gaining some awareness of all the options available as I configured my order/allocation.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:10 AM
RSUV
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by gravedgr
I'd really like to hear more about this part @RSUV .
I loved Ferrari as a kid but my first really nice car was a 996 C4S. In about 2010 I was able to afford my first used Ferrari - an 8 year old 360 spider. I was hooked after that. I’ve had Astons and a McLaren but nothing was like the Ferraris for me. I still remembered that Porsche though...

I went through a series of Ferraris until I bought a CS, which I made quite a bit of money on, allowing me to order my first new one, a Speciale. I still have this car, after 13k miles doing everything in it - Mille Miglia, drove Le Mans track, the TT circuit, Dolomites, Alps, Pyrenees, Italy, France, Spain and much more. I don’t think I’ll ever sell it. Since then I’ve been able to add a number more, especially this year where late, early and on-time cars have arrived from Ferrari (I try to do one a year but it hasn’t worked out that way).

A couple of years ago I scratched the RS itch. I bought a 991.1 RS but with no Porsche standing had to pay over. Really had to think about that but I used it for 6 months, scratched the itch (or so I thought) and sold it for an acceptable, maybe even reasonable, loss. Every year we travel on road trips with friends and last year planned to take an 812 I ordered in 2017, which never arrived. Since the trip included the Porsche factory and museum I decided to reacquaint myself with an RS and bought a delivery mileage 991.2 RS.....which has also now gone. This time, though, it went in favour of a GT2 RS, again with delivery miles, in the perfect spec, which I plan to keep for a long time. This was an unexpected purchase I made this year (definitely did not plan this with all the F-cars that came this year). This car seemed to be a COVID-inspired sale and although I lost a much larger amount selling the 991.2 compared with the 991.1, the overall deal looked good.

My garage is a bit too large today, mainly because of the Ferraris that arrived all-at-once. I’ll rationalise it next year but at the moment and for the two ‘super’ brands I buy it stands as follows: Speciale (13k), Lusso (11k), 812 (1k), 812 GTS (3k), Pista Spider (3k), F8 Tributo (2k), GT2 RS (700), Taycan Turbo S (just arrived), 992 C4S (next week). I buy cars to use not stare at. The GTS and Pista Spider have been my road trip cars this year and with COVID we have done a few trips to Europe because we couldn’t do anything else! I have also done some UK road trips in the F8. The GTS and F8 will go soon, making way for an SF90 next year. The cars I will keep are the Speciale, the Pista Spider, probably the 812 because it is our first TM car and probably the GT2 RS which I am using for the track. The rest will revolve. I should be in line for the 812 ‘TDF’, hopefully in Spider form. To try and keep costs ‘reasonable’ my idea is to seperate cars into ones that will depreciate and I will sell, measured against what I use them for and their ability to give me access to cars that I want to own but are difficult to obtain, and then into ones that I love and will hold decent value. The Speciale is worth about what I paid for it, after all those miles and all that fun. The Pista Spider the same. The 812 has lost a lot, but if I keep it that doesn’t matter. The Lusso has also lost a lot but if I keep it over 5 years the depreciation will be little more than owning two new Range Rovers during that time. The GT2 RS will probably not go too far away from what I paid (20% over next 3 years but maybe not even that). The GTS is ok now but I got a very early UK car (may even have been the first) so I need to sell it soon and limit the loss because I really want the TDF Spider version to keep long term. The F8 (great car) I will also sell because it is not a long term keeper, more a great car to put miles on, which I won’t be able to do.

You could ask why I need the C4S? (My family have done that repeatedly!) The answer is that I just like it, and remember that first 996 C4S. Perhaps that is the best answer. But also, I have semi-daily’d the Lusso - weekends and the odd drive to the office plus winter tyres in the winter. But it is a car with a size and a badge that you can’t take everywhere. The C4S in Aventurine Green seems like an incognito supercar that nobody cares about, yet, as with all 911s, offers unique driving thrills. I have tried to work out what it is about 911s that keeps pulling me back to them. I love road trips to Europe - there is a kind of 50’s and 60’s romance about getting in a sports car and crushing continents. The 911, with its 5 dial layout and unique sound and handling traits is a direct link to that era. Despite the advent of air travel for €100 to most cities in Europe, I still love the road trips and somehow owning a 911 makes you the member of a club that likes to drive at every opportunity and needs a tool that is honed to meet that challenge. Not just fast but also needs to be driven well, is practical, reliable, economical (after a fashion), not flashy just capable. This 992 is the 8th generation but could be described in those terms, just like the first generation. I love all that. If it means the Lusso sits, I’ll reluctantly have to sell it early, meaning that my cost per annum in depreciation will be a bit painful. Rather that than let it sit though.

So the long-termers in my garage are Speciale, Pista Spider, 812 and probably the GT2 RS. I hope to add the 812 TDF Spider and maybe the replacement LaF. The other cars will be 1 or 2 that come and go and for which I’ll have to consider depreciation costs; 911s will undoubtedly feature and I’m hoping I’ll be able to get the new GT3s. Once that’s all done, I think we’ll be into EV supercars and I’m not sure where I’ll be with all that. I’ll hopefully end up with a small, rare collection of cars that I love, that I ordered new (or close to it) and that will not be outlawed by EU or UK regulators. They should keep most of their value and my family, in time, will also be able to enjoy them. I feel like I’m a really privileged guy with a really blessed family. Sorry for the long story, please feel free to ignore if it’s not interesting!

Last edited by RSUV; 11-30-2020 at 07:17 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by RSUV:
cherudim9 (06-21-2021), chong0 (11-30-2020), rouxeny (03-30-2022)
Old 11-30-2020, 07:38 AM
dribar
Racer

Received 202 Likes on 81 Posts

As a fun side story, in 2018 I was really hanging on Nick's every word and bunch of his t-shirts too. My family and I did a month long holiday around Europe and I tried to post a pic of every major city with a different Nick t-shirt on. They were conversation starters to say the least. I think this one is in the Azores....

drgav2005 (12-01-2020)

Quick Reply: Thanks, Nick Murray!! My new 992 911 C4S