Gauge Cluster/Infotainment system random blackouts

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2020, 01:02 PM
crimewave
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Gauge Cluster/Infotainment system random blackouts

Apologies if this has been posted already,

In the 13,000 miles I've driven my C2S (November 2019 build) I have had a complete blackout of my infotainment screen and gauge cluster four times. The analog rev counter goes down to zero, also. The first three times it happened during city driving so I pull over, turn the car off and on (sometimes this doesn't work) and it takes about 3-4 minutes for it to come back on. Yesterday this happened while I was going 70 on the highway in somewhat heavy traffic so it was a bit unnerving. Has this happened to anyone else and have you found a remedy to the issue? I'm assuming it'd be tough for my dealer to replicate this issue since it happens once every few months.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-25-2020, 01:54 PM
seanhaus
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 150 Posts

Glad to see you push some miles on the car. I’m about half way behind you.

Anyhow, I actually had a similar issue in my old 991.2. It happened so infrequently that it was really hard / dangerous to capture it. I shot my dealer a quick note and they took it pretty seriously since it’s such a critical interface with the car. While they weren’t able to replicate it, they did hit the car with a software update and I never saw it happen again.
The following 2 users liked this post by seanhaus:
crimewave (11-25-2020), G650 (11-26-2020)
Old 11-25-2020, 04:18 PM
wasabi4
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by crimewave
Apologies if this has been posted already,

In the 13,000 miles I've driven my C2S (November 2019 build) I have had a complete blackout of my infotainment screen and gauge cluster four times. The analog rev counter goes down to zero, also. The first three times it happened during city driving so I pull over, turn the car off and on (sometimes this doesn't work) and it takes about 3-4 minutes for it to come back on. Yesterday this happened while I was going 70 on the highway in somewhat heavy traffic so it was a bit unnerving. Has this happened to anyone else and have you found a remedy to the issue? I'm assuming it'd be tough for my dealer to replicate this issue since it happens once every few months.

Thanks in advance!
maybe try to take a video of the problem with your phone once you're pulled over and it is safe to do so. that way even though the dealer cannot replicate it you can show them the video of what is happening.
The following users liked this post:
crimewave (11-25-2020)

Quick Reply: Gauge Cluster/Infotainment system random blackouts