Need help quick

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2020, 11:44 PM
Kcposche25
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Need help quick

Issue resolved thanks!

Last edited by Kcposche25; 11-20-2020 at 12:55 AM.
The following users liked this post:
aggie57 (11-20-2020)
Old 11-19-2020, 11:52 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,719 Likes on 1,280 Posts

Originally Posted by Kcposche25
My order freezes in 2 hours. A couple of days ago I texted my SM a few updates I wanted to make and he said he would make them. I never got a new build sheet and on TYD it does not show the updated options..... should I be worried? I texted him but want to know if it could just be TYD not showing it.
TYD is notoriously unreliable. That doesn't mean your salesperson did what you asked, it's just that I'd not be making any rash decisions based on what TYD says. Call Porsche Customer Assistance tomorrow morning (Atlanta Georgia/Eastern time zone) with your "Certification Number". They can tell you exactly what is and isn't on your build.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:53 PM
kpblade
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 71 Posts

Don't know where you are, but it is probably too late to do anything tonight. Tomorrow, I'd have your SA email you a copy of the "build sheet" as that is what the order is based on. Others have commented their builds in TYD have differed from the build sheet in their ordering system. My SA said that he has been able to change somethings a day later after the "lock date"
Old 11-19-2020, 11:55 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,906 Likes on 1,534 Posts

Yes, I’d be wanting confirmation in writing.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:57 PM
Kcposche25
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
TYD is notoriously unreliable. That doesn't mean your salesperson did what you asked, it's just that I'd not be making any rash decisions based on what TYD says. Call Porsche Customer Assistance tomorrow morning (Atlanta Georgia/Eastern time zone) with your "Certification Number". They can tell you exactly what is and isn't on your build.
I figured it could be a little flaky and I texted my SM to confirm but he is well, flaky as well...... if I don't hear from my SM i will call tomorrow. Thanks just last-minute panic lol
Old 11-20-2020, 12:10 AM
craig66
Pro

Received 500 Likes on 221 Posts

Hard to tell.
TYD is flaky but in my case it showed the changes before my SA confirmed them with me with a fax.
Absolutely make sure to get confirmation first thing in the morning.
If it is not changed are they changes you can live without?

My last minute change was to go from 19/20 wheels to Carerra S wheels at 20/21. I was in two minds about it and had my SA not made the changes I would have seen it as a message from the forces above that it was meant to be but if they are material changes you need to make sure that they come up with a solution that is okay with you. You need to be happy and you did give them adequate warning.

My SA sent me the new build that I had to sign and send back to him each time to cover us both - a lesson to us all - trust but verify.
Old 11-20-2020, 12:39 AM
markanth
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

Not to be worried. You will get the changes.

After you find out for sure, let your order go and move on. Great car to come.
Regards,

Mark
The following users liked this post:
Kcposche25 (11-20-2020)
Old 11-20-2020, 12:46 AM
craig66
Pro

Received 500 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by kpblade
Don't know where you are, but it is probably too late to do anything tonight. Tomorrow, I'd have your SA email you a copy of the "build sheet" as that is what the order is based on. Others have commented their builds in TYD have differed from the build sheet in their ordering system. My SA said that he has been able to change somethings a day later after the "lock date"
That is a good point. My lock day was October 23rd and said so on TYD but when the car was scheduled for production a couple of weeks later the lock date changed to October 29 which makes me think that until they schedule a production day that the lock date is flexible.
Old 11-20-2020, 12:51 AM
Kcposche25
Advanced

Originally Posted by craig66
Hard to tell.
TYD is flaky but in my case it showed the changes before my SA confirmed them with me with a fax.
Absolutely make sure to get confirmation first thing in the morning.
If it is not changed are they changes you can live without?

My last minute change was to go from 19/20 wheels to Carerra S wheels at 20/21. I was in two minds about it and had my SA not made the changes I would have seen it as a message from the forces above that it was meant to be but if they are material changes you need to make sure that they come up with a solution that is okay with you. You need to be happy and you did give them adequate warning.

My SA sent me the new build that I had to sign and send back to him each time to cover us both - a lesson to us all - trust but verify.
As long as the car comes they are all changes I can live without! Just thought I would ask to see if anyone had similar experiences/answers. I'm sure they can add it, just small things like silver interior, leather steering column, and a few cosmetic things so not too worried.

Quick Reply: Need help quick