Track Your Dream site and order mismatch

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 03:05 PM
Black Stig
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Track Your Dream site and order mismatch

Hi guys.
I just ordered my 992 C4S about 2 weeks ago and asked for a link to TYD and got it today.
When I click it, comm number matches what the dealer sent me but when I go to “My Configuration” by clicking on the down arrow on top of the page, I see that the listed options are missing some of what I ordered and the price is not the same.
My dealer doesnt have the answer to why this is so and the Porsche code they submitted seems to be the one I gave them.

Is this a normal occurrence? I see threads saying the website has many bugs.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:09 PM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

Received 704 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Stig
Hi guys.
I just ordered my 992 C4S about 2 weeks ago and asked for a link to TYD and got it today.
When I click it, comm number matches what the dealer sent me but when I go to “My Configuration” by clicking on the down arrow on top of the page, I see that the listed options are missing some of what I ordered and the price is not the same.
My dealer doesnt have the answer to why this is so and the Porsche code they submitted seems to be the one I gave them.

Is this a normal occurrence? I see threads saying the website has many bugs.
Get the dealer order sheet. It should show all your options along with the commission number and MSRP.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:27 PM
Black Stig
Intermediate

Originally Posted by inastrangeland
Get the dealer order sheet. It should show all your options along with the commission number and MSRP.
He sent a photo of his screen which shows columns labeled: Pos. MTYP/Option Text...

It's not the whole screen but it looks like a copy of the build sheet.
Unfortunately, it was cropped and the commission number isn't showing though he sent me the commission number as part of the "bill of sale" in a separate email and it matches the one listed on the TMD website.
The listed options on the website is fewer than what is listed on his screen.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:49 PM
JimmyDee
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

You're paying a lot of money to get exactly what you want... I would insist that the dealer send you the build sheet.
Or, at the very least, confirm to you that what you ordered will be 100% what you get upon delivery.

If you don't... then you'll be uneasy about it, until the day the car arrives.
Worse, if the car arrives, and isn't what you wanted...

Last edited by JimmyDee; 09-29-2020 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:54 PM
Black Stig
Intermediate

Thanks.
After the message above, I emailed them to send me the whole build sheet and it just arrive in my inbox.
The list there is accurate but the website has fewer of my options listed. The price listed is different on the website as well although the build sheet is accurate.
Is that still a cause for worry? Maybe the error is with Porsche in Germany and they will end up building the wrong car?
Or is this a normal occurrence with TMD and it’s bugs?

Thanks!
Old 09-29-2020, 03:56 PM
Mrkhanna16
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks.
After the message above, I emailed them to send me the whole build sheet and it just arrive in my inbox.
The list there is accurate but the website has fewer of my options listed. The price listed is different on the website as well although the build sheet is accurate.
Is that still a cause for worry? Maybe the error is with Porsche in Germany and they will end up building the wrong car?

Thanks!
I have the same error
Old 09-29-2020, 03:57 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 222 Posts

Thanks.

Thanks!
BMWs was inaccurate too the first few days after initial 'upload' and then it finally updates to your full correct order in a few days...so I'd wait a bit.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:11 PM
ryandarr1979
Three Wheelin'

Received 837 Likes on 417 Posts

I was hoping I had the same issue, but nope, the dealer didnt spec my car correctly. I noticed the MSRP was wrong in TYD and called my dealer. I asked them to send me the build sheet and the build sheet is almost correct but missing GT Steering Wheel and Full Leather Interior. The Steering Wheel is an easy fix, but they can't really fix the interior situation. I wanted slate grey extended leather with chalk stitching but unfortunately it's the slate grey standard interior. They felt horrible, don't know how it happened (me neither, I gave them a Porsche build code) and are going to fix the Steering Wheel situation and give me a deeper % discount, which I'm happy about. Everything else was perfect and the interior situation isnt a deal breaker. Save a couple lbs in weight with less leather (Ha! Ohhh ........ ) and will really feel it in the corners...
Old 09-29-2020, 04:12 PM
Black Stig
Intermediate

Thanks for the responses. Feel a little better seeing that others have a similar experience.
I will keep an eye on it.
I also asked the dealer to try and explain the discrepancy though I haven’t received a response yet.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:17 PM
Black Stig
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ryandarr1979
I was hoping I had the same issue, but nope, the dealer didnt spec my car correctly. I noticed the MSRP was wrong in TYD and called my dealer. I asked them to send me the build sheet and the build sheet is almost correct but missing GT Steering Wheel and Full Leather Interior. The Steering Wheel is an easy fix, but they can't really fix the interior situation. I wanted slate grey extended leather with chalk stitching but unfortunately it's the slate grey standard interior. They felt horrible, don't know how it happened (me neither, I gave them a Porsche build code) and are going to fix the Steering Wheel situation and give me a deeper % discount, which I'm happy about. Everything else was perfect and the interior situation isnt a deal breaker. Save a couple lbs in weight with less leather (Ha! Ohhh ........ ) and will really feel it in the corners...
I just saw this after I posted above.
Did their build sheet match the TYD website?
Old 09-29-2020, 04:47 PM
HJ951
Instructor

Received 124 Likes on 44 Posts

I would still stay in touch with my dealer. A little rant to follow. Many years ago I ordered a BMW, all the paperwork looked great. I was expecting the car and the dealer calls to say "your car is here and I don't think you are going to want it". VIN number and everything BUT the exterior color matched the paperwork. The exterior color also did not go with the interior I had chosen. Nobody ever told me how the car made it all the way to the dealer without the color mismatch getting picked up.There was at least a six month waiting list at that time for this car. Even though it was their mistake, BMW said I had to go to end of the line and wait, they would not expedite a new order. I did not order a new one then. Years later I did order a BMW and that one was perfect.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:48 PM
HJ951
Instructor

Received 124 Likes on 44 Posts

Sorry missing you earlier response about the order mistake.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:00 PM
kpblade
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 71 Posts

This may be dumb, but does the Commission # on the build sheet correctly match the the Commission # on TYD.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:02 PM
kpblade
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by kpblade
This may be dumb, but does the Commission # on the build sheet correctly match the the Commission # on TYD.
sorry, just saw that they did match on original post
Old 09-29-2020, 05:14 PM
Black Stig
Intermediate

Hoping to prevent something like this happening....
Thanks for the heads up.

Quick Reply: Track Your Dream site and order mismatch