Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are your biggest regrets? Stuff you should have speced but haven't and why.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2020 | 11:10 AM
Hp12c
Racer

I have a chalk c2s, with platinum painted wheels, and my one “what if” might be getting the body colored (chalk) wheels, which I think looked great on this color. I do like the platinum a lot too, so no big deal.
Old 09-07-2020 | 11:33 AM
zambonidriver
Track Day

I wish i would have just gone with the Burm stereo, that's about it. I have the bose and it's ok. I'm sure i wouldn't love the Burm either but the audio in this car is terrible for the price. My winter car is a trackhawk and the stock stereo in that car might be one of the best stock systems i've heard. I drove it the other day for the first time in months and couldn't believe the difference.

But if you want to talk about brake dust, the 911 dusting is NOTHING compared to a Trackhawk with stock pads. I got so aggravated I changed the rotors and pads just to kill that problem.
Old 09-07-2020 | 12:25 PM
Kermit_the_Frog
Instructor

I indeed specced the Burmester together with the noise-reducing glass and it's the best car stereo i have ever heard. It's incredible good.

Had Bose, HK and others in other cars but none came close. It's worth it imo.

The following 3 users liked this post by Kermit_the_Frog:
992Sam (09-07-2020), drgav2005 (09-25-2020), txpackers (09-26-2020)
Old 09-07-2020 | 12:29 PM
tcirillo
Instructor

Originally Posted by aggie57
Long range tank but not available in MY20.
me too
The following users liked this post:
jfr0317 (09-07-2020)
Old 09-07-2020 | 12:31 PM
AD992
Track Day

Originally Posted by Kermit_the_Frog
I indeed specced the Burmester together with the noise-reducing glass and it's the best car stereo i have ever heard. It's incredible good.

Agreed, Burmester absolutely worth the money.
The following 3 users liked this post by AD992:
992Sam (09-07-2020), txpackers (09-26-2020), WonderBuck (11-20-2020)
Old 09-07-2020 | 12:59 PM
992Sam
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by HouTexCarreraS
I disagree—these are the best ventilated seats I’ve ever had. They actually can get too cool on the highest setting. Might want to get yours checked.
Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Agree completely. When my wife and I took one on an extended "test" drive, I had to turn the seat cooling down. It actually got to cold. A really nice problem to have!
Add another strong agreement to the vented seats working very well.... 113 degree yesterday in Walnut Creek out with my girlfriend and she said the seats actually made her feel a bit cold at high setting, had to turn it down to 1 dot, vs 3 for the rest of the drive.

jfr0317 (09-07-2020)
Old 09-07-2020 | 06:50 PM
crimewave
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 992Sam
Add another strong agreement to the vented seats working very well.... 113 degree yesterday in Walnut Creek out with my girlfriend and she said the seats actually made her feel a bit cold at high setting, had to turn it down to 1 dot, vs 3 for the rest of the drive.
Wow, yeah, then there's DEFINITELY something wrong with my vented seats. I have it on the highest setting and I can't feel it through my jeans or my shirt. I even put on some thin nylon shorts to test it out (I thought wearing jeans was the problem as the denim is too thick) and I still couldn't feel it at all. This gives me hope, would love to get this fixed.
Old 09-08-2020 | 04:37 AM
LARNIOCNK
Advanced

Is the noise reducing glass noticeably different to the standard? Does it drown out the engine/exhaust notes?

I ask because you seem to be the first person I’ve come across who’s received their car with this spec where others are still waiting! 😅

Last edited by LARNIOCNK; 09-08-2020 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-08-2020 | 06:58 AM
TheStanman
Racer

Originally Posted by LARNIOCNK
Is the noise reducing glass noticeable different to the standard? Does it drown out the engine/exhaust notes?

I ask because you seem to be the first person I’ve come across who’s recurved their car with this spec where others are still waiting! 😅
Agreed - very interested to know! Though I decided to skip the option since there wasn't any feedback yet, so maybe I don't want to know if turns out being good
Old 09-25-2020 | 10:38 AM
Kermit_the_Frog
Instructor

Originally Posted by LARNIOCNK
Is the noise reducing glass noticeably different to the standard? Does it drown out the engine/exhaust notes?

I ask because you seem to be the first person I’ve come across who’s received their car with this spec where others are still waiting! 😅
I don't have a good normal comparison just a drive i did summer 2019. I would say it removes tyre roll, wind noise and overall noise from outside very well. Engine sound is brought into the cabine by sound enhancers that open/close depending on mode etc. So you hear the engine/exhaust.

It's perfect i think in combination with the Burmester. The Burmester is nuts, i have never had such a good audio quality in any car so far. It brings listening to classical music for example to a whole new level. Everyone that could hear it so far was mighty impressed. Really recommend it.
The following 3 users liked this post by Kermit_the_Frog:
brucewinter (09-25-2020), LARNIOCNK (09-25-2020), txpackers (09-26-2020)
Old 09-26-2020 | 04:22 PM
ThWombatCredenza
Advanced

Default Burm and glass

I don't have a good normal comparison just a drive i did summer 2019. I would say it removes tyre roll, wind noise and overall noise from outside very well. Engine sound is brought into the cabine by sound enhancers that open/close depending on mode etc. So you hear the engine/exhaust.

It's perfect i think in combination with the Burmester. The Burmester is nuts, i have never had such a good audio quality in any car so far. It brings listening to classical music for example to a whole new level. Everyone that could hear it so far was mighty impressed. Really recommend it.
I had Burm but I just added the noise insulated light with glass to my build (gentian blue C4S). It just makes sense. Thanks very much for your insights.

Kermit_the_Frog (09-26-2020)
Old 09-26-2020 | 05:46 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

We have acoustic glass in my wife's 2020 X3 and it makes cabin super quiet...if that is what you want! For an SUV like X3 I think it is great...
Old 09-26-2020 | 07:12 PM
Kermit_the_Frog
Instructor

Originally Posted by gohawks23
We have acoustic glass in my wife's 2020 X3 and it makes cabin super quiet...if that is what you want! For an SUV like X3 I think it is great...
If i want to have more overall sound i simply take the RS, the Sypder or the 993. ;-)

The 992 is my daily and long-distance cruiser and there i really like to tone it down. That's why i also like the 7th gear in the 992.
Old 09-26-2020 | 07:21 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

If i want to have more overall sound i simply take the RS, the Sypder or the 993. ;-)

The 992 is my daily and long-distance cruiser and there i really like to tone it down. That's why i also like the 7th gear in the 992.
Cool!
Old 09-26-2020 | 10:16 PM
TheStanman
Racer

Originally Posted by gohawks23
I don't think this option is equivalent to acoustic glass. It's trying to reduce weight while also having some kind of benefit on sound. I think traditional acoustic glass adds weight.

I believe acoustic glass also has the benefit of not shattering due to the film layer in between glass. There was a string of car break-ins near me recently and my girlfriend's Lexus was the only one that didn't shatter because of the acoustic glass. Was nice because the car was still usable and didn't require clean up.

Quick Reply: What are your biggest regrets? Stuff you should have speced but haven't and why.