Sponsored by:

Declining inventory on US lots

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 01:05 PM
Zanotti
Racer

Received 333 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Declining inventory on US lots

Pre pandemic, there was a pretty good inventory of 992's in many configurations on the lots for immediate purchase in the USA. Today, supply has pretty much dried up, and no or little re-supply is evident.

I know cars are selling well, both new and used, but I am a bit surprised that we haven't seen new stock coming back into the system. Porsche wants everyone to order their cars custom made, but I still like to searching for a suitable lot car to look at, drive, and think about. My local dealers (there are at least three or four) all had 15-20 992 cars each in January, today most have three to six, and I have only seen the number go down, not back up with fresh supply.

Any idea if and when resupply is taking place? I see some custom orders cards arriving, doesn't it make sense that some dealer cars will arrive as swell?

Z
Old 07-29-2020, 02:18 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,842 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Perhaps likely two reasons: general reduction in stock levels in response to the economic downturn, and backlog of ordered cars taking available production slots. People like me who had ordered cars in the pipe when the factories shut down seem to be getting them as planned.
Old 07-29-2020, 02:32 PM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

Received 704 Likes on 352 Posts

Dealer allocations have been cut drastically due to the COVID shutdown and they are still taking the August break. Don't expect to see significant inventory until later in 2021. I think 2021 cars will be far fewer than any other model year.

Quick Reply: Declining inventory on US lots