Sponsored by:

RS Spyder Wheels ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 03:11 PM
russbert
Burning Brakes

Received 733 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd C
I’m having my 992 PPF, ceramic and tint done before I pick it up. (The dealer has a good installer.) $300 more to ceramic coat the RS Spyder wheels - though that could be a discounted rate given everything else I’m paying for.

Thanks again to detansinn - I also bought that wheel brush!
My detailer is literally right down the street from Porsche so I will drop it off immediately (that's going to kill me waiting those 2+ days may seem LONGER than having it cross the Atlantic) Doing a partial PPF, a new car detail which is pretty extensive, and have it tinted. The dealer is putting on the clear side markers for me, Porsche gas cap, and the aluminum rear caps under the rear deck. The ceramic coat for wheels is usually about $100 / wheel but I am also getting the $75 / wheel since my wife and I do a lot of business with them.

Just found out a few minutes ago that the car has already been released from port (it was unloaded on Saturday) so I should get it a lot sooner than originally anticipated which is always awesome! Now I just have to wait for my SA to send me a text that he has received the email stating it has left Jacksonville via a truck carrier.
The following 2 users liked this post by russbert:
slwong23 (07-13-2020), Todd C (07-13-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 10:37 PM
JCWLS3
Burning Brakes

Received 367 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Did you spec PCCBs?
For me, that's the key to the whole deal. We've got PCCB on our 9Y0 Turbo. Wheels stay finger-swiping clean for an unbelievably long time -- and I'm a total OCD fiend about details like this.

Our 992 C2S has standard iron rotors. The wheels get coated just backing out of the garage (yes, I exaggerate. But not much). I love the RS Spyder wheels; had we built to order as originally planned, and gone with the Spyders, PCCB would've been mandatory just to keep me sane. As it is, the Carrera Classics on our lot-buy car are open and easy to clean -- particularly the barrels. You'd never get in there with the Spyders.

All this being said, the RS Spyders are my favorite wheel design on the 992. Ceramic nano-robo-coating or no, I wouldn't have the mental fortitude to deal with them on the 992 with standard brakes. PCCB all the way. For the majority of owners who are not mentally disabled as I am in this way, a good ceramic coating is probably more than enough to keep them happy.
Old 07-16-2020, 07:54 AM
Anthony992
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by russbert
My detailer is literally right down the street from Porsche so I will drop it off immediately (that's going to kill me waiting those 2+ days may seem LONGER than having it cross the Atlantic) Doing a partial PPF, a new car detail which is pretty extensive, and have it tinted. The dealer is putting on the clear side markers for me, Porsche gas cap, and the aluminum rear caps under the rear deck. The ceramic coat for wheels is usually about $100 / wheel but I am also getting the $75 / wheel since my wife and I do a lot of business with them.

Just found out a few minutes ago that the car has already been released from port (it was unloaded on Saturday) so I should get it a lot sooner than originally anticipated which is always awesome! Now I just have to wait for my SA to send me a text that he has received the email stating it has left Jacksonville via a truck carrier.
What are the “aluminum rear caps under the rear deck”? Looking forward to seeing pictures of your car! Thanks!
Old 07-16-2020, 11:10 AM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,393 Likes on 1,484 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony992
What are the “aluminum rear caps under the rear deck”? Looking forward to seeing pictures of your car! Thanks!
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/PK992CAPS.html
Old 07-16-2020, 11:11 AM
540gone
Instructor

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

Oil & coolant filler caps.
Old 07-16-2020, 02:03 PM
russbert
Burning Brakes

+1 Exactly this to replace the plain looking black ones that come with your car. Thanks guys for picking up the slack as I am been a) cleaning up my old car, b) trying to locate my 992 and see if it''s in transit and c) getting final numbers from dealership's financial folks.
Old 07-16-2020, 02:22 PM
russbert
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Anthony992
Thanks and so AM I. It's ironic because ASSUMING the car gets here by Monday (7/20) or earlier I won't be able to get it detailed immediately as rain and thunderstorms are predicted for Tuesday thru Saturday. LOL.

Quick Reply: RS Spyder Wheels ...