Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Akrapovic exhaust.... Anyone heard it in person??

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 10:19 PM
mattgdow
AutoX

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Akrapovic exhaust.... Anyone heard it in person??

Looking at ordering the akrapovic exhaust for my 992 but just wanting some real world experience. Does it sound that much better? Online videos don't really do justice in my opinion. Looking to hear some good or bad feedback of anyone who has heard of has it installed.

​​​​​​Thanks in advance
Old 07-06-2020, 11:56 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,777 Likes on 5,141 Posts

Originally Posted by mattgdow
Looking at ordering the akrapovic exhaust for my 992 but just wanting some real world experience. Does it sound that much better? Online videos don't really do justice in my opinion. Looking to hear some good or bad feedback of anyone who has heard of has it installed.

​​​​​​Thanks in advance
Assuming you mean the slip on? Then the answer is no.
Old 07-07-2020, 12:32 AM
1RedHead
Racer

Received 302 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by mattgdow

​​​​​​Thanks in advance
What are you also trying to compare it to? PSE exhaust with the car in the various modes or just the standard exhaust?
Old 07-07-2020, 12:38 AM
mattgdow
AutoX

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1RedHead
What are you also trying to compare it to? PSE exhaust with the car in the various modes or just the standard exhaust?
I have pse on my car so I would compare it to sport plus mode.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:11 AM
OmniBlade
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I know it’s frowned on here, but I want a much louder exhaust. I am on the fence between Akrapovic and Capristo. None of the videos are that impressive though so I haven’t committed. I want something between PSE, which I have, and a new model F-Type R.
Old 07-07-2020, 10:16 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,145 Likes on 3,010 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniBlade
I know it’s frowned on here, but I want a much louder exhaust. I am on the fence between Akrapovic and Capristo. None of the videos are that impressive though so I haven’t committed. I want something between PSE, which I have, and a new model F-Type R.
If you want much louder go with catless. That will scratch that itch.
Old 07-07-2020, 10:29 AM
AKSteve
Three Wheelin'

Received 820 Likes on 457 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
If you want much louder go with catless. That will scratch that itch.
If you want to keep your warranty, don't go with catless. Based on the conversation I had last week, the local Porsche dealership will definitely try to not honor your warranty if they feel you have an exhaust that isn't street legal.
The following 2 users liked this post by AKSteve:
detansinn (07-07-2020), OmniBlade (07-08-2020)
Old 07-07-2020, 02:26 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 205 Likes on 178 Posts

Hey,

We've heard it, Akra is a type of exhaust that needs to be heard in person. Always sounds way better in person than in videos. Thats from videos I've tried making and hearing. Hard to capture the true titanium sound.

Let us know if you'd like pricing on the Akra system.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
BC Forged / Soul Performance / Akrapovic / Bilstein / HRE / AL13 / CSF + more

Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Old 07-07-2020, 02:37 PM
LifesAnesthesia
Racer

Received 179 Likes on 74 Posts

Do you have to use the Akrapovic tips? Or can you use the tips already on the car - I kind of like the black tips on the PSE
Old 07-07-2020, 02:41 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,145 Likes on 3,010 Posts

Originally Posted by AKSteve
If you want to keep your warranty, don't go with catless. Based on the conversation I had last week, the local Porsche dealership will definitely try to not honor your warranty if they feel you have an exhaust that isn't street legal.
Indeed. I answered under the assumption that someone who wanted to be that much louder wasn't giving warranty a consideration. LOL
The following users liked this post:
OmniBlade (07-08-2020)
Old 07-07-2020, 03:01 PM
ryanlsmith
Racer

Received 262 Likes on 132 Posts

If your dealership/tech is particularly crappy, they may give you a hard time, but they can't deny warranty unless they can absolutely prove the component caused the failure. If you screw up the exhaust valves and have issues with that, then yea...they could deny it. But if your transmission or engine blows...no.
The following users liked this post:
OmniBlade (07-08-2020)
Old 07-07-2020, 03:04 PM
ryanlsmith
Racer

Received 262 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by LifesAnesthesia
Do you have to use the Akrapovic tips? Or can you use the tips already on the car - I kind of like the black tips on the PSE
I had asked this as well - you can keep the stock "tips" as they are only attached to the valence.
Old 07-08-2020, 03:44 AM
OmniBlade
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I remember you mentioning having them put on exhaust for you. You mind sharing which exhaust you got and where from?

Id like to focus on something that keeps warranty and avoids a check engine light, while being as loud as possible. In the end though anything that sounds better would be nice. I was a little taken back by how quiet it is with PSE.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:19 AM
AKSteve
Three Wheelin'

Received 820 Likes on 457 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniBlade
I remember you mentioning having them put on exhaust for you. You mind sharing which exhaust you got and where from?

Id like to focus on something that keeps warranty and avoids a check engine light, while being as loud as possible. In the end though anything that sounds better would be nice. I was a little taken back by how quiet it is with PSE.
I didn't get a full exhaust installed. I had a set of SOUL Performance sport cats installed. They have high-flow 200 cell catalytic converters and uee the original O2 sensors and they're totally street legal. Someone in the service department went to SOUL's website and accidentally looked up a set of cat-bypass pipes and saw a disclaimer saying they were for off-road use only. They thought this was what I was having installed and refused to put my parts on. They told me they weren't street legal, they could void me entire engine's warranty and open the dealership up to $25,000 in fines from the EPA. Once it was determined that they were looking at the wrong damn parts on the SOUL website, they apologized and agreed to install my sport cats.

They're not as loud as a full custom exhaust obviously, but the sport cats are definitely a bit louder than stock in Sport Mode. Others have said they think it adds about 30% more volume. I'm still getting used to it, but it is definitely a bit louder than stock. I can't really tell yet if it adds any power. I'm not sure if my car is just weird or what, but I feel like the car's performance varies quite a bit from drive to drive. Some days it just feels faster than others for no particular reason.
The following 2 users liked this post by AKSteve:
OmniBlade (07-08-2020), The-Dream (07-08-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 07:14 PM
The-Dream
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Honestly if you live in a city with a lot of supercars, the loud exhausts start to get annoying.

Quick Reply: Akrapovic exhaust.... Anyone heard it in person??