Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 09:27 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 821 Likes on 454 Posts

Nice have they posted these yet at their website? Cost? External mirror shells look nice. I have similar in Matte CF on my 991.1 and would want them on any new Carrera also.

Old 02-21-2021, 08:52 PM
Todd C
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Exterior parts added

Replaced rear diffuser, engine cover, front air intake surround, blind air intake, camera surround, and side skirts with parts from DB Carbon. Thrilled with the quality and the way they match the OEM roof and mirrors!

The following 7 users liked this post by Todd C:
Dan Nagy (02-21-2021), lucycan (02-21-2021), mdrobc1213 (02-21-2021), Overdraft (02-23-2021), RolandT (02-22-2021), russbert (02-23-2021), Russian Mafia (02-23-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-21-2021, 10:32 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Todd C
Replaced rear diffuser, engine cover, front air intake surround, blind air intake, camera surround, and side skirts with parts from DB Carbon. Thrilled with the quality and the way they match the OEM roof and mirrors!

I have your car's twin and was thinking of doing the same upgrade. Awesome looking. Worried about rock chips in the front w/CF swap out. What has been your experience? I do have CF mirrors and was looking for a way to tie it all in. Already got a quote from DB Carbon but held off in pulling the trigger also as question on who would do the retrofit or parts and bumper/part removals.

Post-Tint 992 w/Cool Vue 55/35
Old 02-21-2021, 10:45 PM
Sole_
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

How much were all these parts?
Old 02-21-2021, 11:09 PM
Todd C
Instructor

No rock chips yet, but it’s only been a couple hundred miles.

Jealous of my twin’s Akrapovic exhaust.

I do think it is worth having the install done. Lots of fidgety clips and sensors, whole front bumper had to come off, and the engine cover is more complicated. I had an aftermarket shop - GMP Performance - do the work and was happy with the price, service and quality. It was also 2/3 the quoted price of the dealer, and they had the equipment to reset the sensors after getting it all back together.
The following users liked this post:
mdrobc1213 (02-26-2021)
Old 02-23-2021, 03:26 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

No rock chips yet, but it’s only been a couple hundred miles.

Jealous of my twin’s Akrapovic exhaust.

I do think it is worth having the install done. Lots of fidgety clips and sensors, whole front bumper had to come off, and the engine cover is more complicated. I had an aftermarket shop - GMP Performance - do the work and was happy with the price, service and quality. It was also 2/3 the quoted price of the dealer, and they had the equipment to reset the sensors after getting it all back together.
Yeah already had my bumper off once and would have been perfect time to do it...well twice if you count rear for Akrapovic install. The sensor bit is little known but figure more will find out if they ever have the front off. Body shop that had to respray my bumper didn't have the equipment...car was too new. Dealer cost me about $240 to do it and reset the car/sensors/cautions. If I had the parts readily avail would have done it then. Good luck and VERY interested in hearing how CF does after a few hundred miles on front and rear. Fingers crossed for you!

Do the exhaust...I had PSE and still had to go with the upgrade I did. Not regretted! In fact had the Akrapovic sitting in the garage BEFORE I had the car! LOL
Old 02-23-2021, 06:39 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts

I REALLY like the rear fascia...replacing the flat black OEM iteration..
Old 03-14-2021, 04:12 PM
Todd C
Instructor

Just got back from Porsche Track Expeerience - 800 miles round trip. One ding that I see on it after all that, and there was a lot of construction and tons of traffic (Charlotte area to Birmingham and back). You can see the ding almost dead center above the camera.
Old 03-17-2021, 03:24 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Just got back from Porsche Track Expeerience - 800 miles round trip. One ding that I see on it after all that, and there was a lot of construction and tons of traffic (Charlotte area to Birmingham and back). You can see the ding almost dead center above the camera.
Wow that sucks especially given the cost of the part and timeline to ship. Can you post a few additional shots to include close ups? Did it happen during your drive back from Porsche Track Experience? That really would suck as you've only had it what a few months. LMK
Old 03-18-2021, 09:27 AM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by 997usa
IF they make thee surrounds for around the gear lever and the seat vent / heat switches, I will buy a set! That Piano finish is destined to be mega scratched.
DB Carbon makes "covers" for the piano black pieces around the gear selector and seat switches, and from pictures posted on another thread the match to the matte carbon fiber is excellent. They do not replace the current pieces - they cover them held in place with adhesive. As such, they are relatively inexpensive - around $300. Have for PDK and manual. Just have to specify if you have seat heating or heating + ventilation. Back ordered right now - They have a production run scheduled for late March.

Old 03-18-2021, 09:33 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by dgtarga
DB Carbon makes "covers" for the piano black pieces around the gear selector and seat switches, and from pictures posted on another thread the match to the matte carbon fiber is excellent. They do not replace the current pieces - they cover them held in place with adhesive. As such, they are relatively inexpensive - around $300. Have for PDK and manual. Just have to specify if you have seat heating or heating + ventilation. Back ordered right now - They have a production run scheduled for late March.

Old 03-18-2021, 09:46 AM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
I have these, too, and love them—so much better than the piano black. And easy to install.
The following 2 users liked this post by markchristenson:
Dan Nagy (03-18-2021), Todd C (04-28-2021)
Old 03-18-2021, 10:14 AM
Lee8084
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 29 Posts

I have also ordered these from DB carbon, I ordered about a few weeks ago and in fact the next production slot is end of April and will be delivered to me beginning of May.
They can do them in the matt carbon to match the standard interior or high gloss carbon that match the exterior mirrors (these are the ones I ordered).
Old 03-18-2021, 10:43 AM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee8084
I have also ordered these from DB carbon, I ordered about a few weeks ago and in fact the next production slot is end of April and will be delivered to me beginning of May.
They can do them in the matt carbon to match the standard interior or high gloss carbon that match the exterior mirrors (these are the ones I ordered).
Thanks - hopefully we're talking about the same production run. I received this from Daniel at DB Carbon back in late February:

"We´ve not build up stock yet for our new 992 series programs, so I´m sorry but we´ve the 992´s center console set not in stock for an immediate delivery.
So we would go ahead and manufacture your set in our production run we start late March and have shedulded to finish & ship till latest the 23rd of April.
Please excuse this exceeded delivery timeframe (usually we´re at about half of the timeframe for out of stock orders), but we´re actually heavy overloaded with orders and to stay fair against all customers & hold our word in the end we´ve to shedule and start all new orders after the date they came in."

Old 03-18-2021, 10:54 AM
Lee8084
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 29 Posts

Yes this seems about right. I spoke also with Daniel and think I might have placed the order after yours so about two weeks later for delivery.

Quick Reply: Carbon parts