Sponsored by:

Porsche Track Your Dream

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 04:37 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts
Default Porsche Track Your Dream

Access to Porsche Track Your Dream is impossible. I have made a call with my SA who double checked my info, deleted and re-entered all my info to try to get it connected, and I’ve made at least a half dozen emails to customer service and two emails to Porsche Connect and nothing. I did receive a few responses from Porsche Customer Service, the last one punting to Porsche Connect. Porsche Connect didn't even bother with the courtesy to reply. Porsche NA is a disaster in this regard. I know of another member who has also been trying and has phoned Porsche NA with no results.

I guess that our purchasing the highest profit margin car in their line and sticking with our orders through this crisis is no reason to be treated well. #norespect

I give up, but unhappy that part of the excitement of ordering a new C2S isn’t happening.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:28 PM
WellDressedCar
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 61 Posts

Dan, have you tried logging into your My Porsche account? I know some members saw their ordered car appear in there and were able to track it. The key is that whatever email address you gave your SA should be the same one associated with your My Porsche account. So, go ahead and create a MyPorsche account with that same email address if you haven't already. Hopefully that works.

Old 06-03-2020, 05:41 PM
Metalblond
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 254 Posts

I'm with Dan here on this-- my car locked last week and I haven't received TYD yet. I have a MyPorsche account but all it shows is my current car- not my order. The emails are both correct (they have double checked).
Old 06-03-2020, 05:46 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by morrisryanc
Dan, have you tried logging into your My Porsche account? I know some members saw their ordered car appear in there and were able to track it. The key is that whatever email address you gave your SA should be the same one associated with your My Porsche account. So, go ahead and create a MyPorsche account with that same email address if you haven't already. Hopefully that works.
Yep, have had an account for years. That’s what my SA checked for me. Then he deleted all the dealer info on me and entered it again. We have spent hours on this.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:11 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,866 Likes on 1,509 Posts

Ha! Track Your Dream has been working fine for me since the order was accepted back in January, it's current showing my car on a ship in the middle of the Atlantic and is being updated regularly. But the 'My Porsche' website still says it is scheduled for production lol!

My Porsche:

Track your dream:
Old 06-03-2020, 06:20 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aggie57
Ha! Track Your Dream has been working fine for me since the order was accepted back in January, it's current showing my car on a ship in the middle of the Atlantic and is being updated regularly. But the 'My Porsche' website still says it is scheduled for production lol!

My Porsche:

Track your dream:
You’re such a tease.
The following 4 users liked this post by Dan Nagy:
aggie57 (06-03-2020), Metalblond (06-03-2020), Todd C (06-04-2020), WellDressedCar (06-03-2020)
Old 06-03-2020, 06:23 PM
LASDSGT770
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 195 Posts

Believe it is TYD system bugs...I am not having any issues. Here is a photo of My Porsche page when I log on. At the top it shows my order, even though the photo has the wheels which was our original order. As TYD is new, probably going to be awhile to get the bugs worked out. Our dealer SM confirmed our order this morning. Hopefully they get it worked out for everyone.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:49 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,866 Likes on 1,509 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
You’re such a tease.
I was supposed to be on my way to Stuttgart today (seriously, today....) with my ED scheduled on Friday. Such is life I guess
Old 06-03-2020, 08:14 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

I was supposed to be on my way to Stuttgart today (seriously, today....) with my ED scheduled on Friday. Such is life I guess
Too bad for that, the museum is awesome. I had the privilege to host a dinner party there, so we had a private tour. That is an evening not to forget.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:47 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Access to Porsche Track Your Dream is impossible. I have made a call with my SA who double checked my info, deleted and re-entered all my info to try to get it connected, and I’ve made at least a half dozen emails to customer service and two emails to Porsche Connect and nothing. I did receive a few responses from Porsche Customer Service, the last one punting to Porsche Connect. Porsche Connect didn't even bother with the courtesy to reply. Porsche NA is a disaster in this regard. I know of another member who has also been trying and has phoned Porsche NA with no results.

I guess that our purchasing the highest profit margin car in their line and sticking with our orders through this crisis is no reason to be treated well. #norespect

I give up, but unhappy that part of the excitement of ordering a new C2S isn’t happening.
Oof, this doesn’t give me a lot of hope for being able to track once I get to order locked/construction started. But at least my expectations are now set very low :-)

At least your delivery date keeps getting earlier and earlier per your SA!
Old 06-03-2020, 11:24 PM
WellDressedCar
Racer

Yep, have had an account for years. That’s what my SA checked for me. Then he deleted all the dealer info on me and entered it again. We have spent hours on this.
Sorry to hear that, Dan. Hopefully Porsche gets their stuff together soon.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:29 PM
WellDressedCar
Racer

My Porsche:

Track your dream:
I’m just parallel of you at sea on the Mediterranean Highway. In two weeks I’ll be posting photos to the forum!

The following users liked this post:
aggie57 (06-04-2020)
Old 06-04-2020, 02:24 AM
Drizz
Racer

Received 221 Likes on 97 Posts

Anyone seen their cars during production yet?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mot...roduction/amp/

Supposedly this is now a feature of the tracking. My car is in the “Production Start” phase and I certainly haven’t seen any pics of it.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:54 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Drizz
Anyone seen their cars during production yet?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mot...roduction/amp/

Supposedly this is now a feature of the tracking. My car is in the “Production Start” phase and I certainly haven’t seen any pics of it.
I wish. I sent another email yesterday to Porsche Connect. Let’s see if I get a reply on that one - maybe they took the service off-line or or preparing to take it off-line? Anybody with a recent lock date, past two weeks, get set up?

For a past BMW, I received a production video at delivery. That was very cool.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:31 AM
russbert
Burning Brakes

Received 733 Likes on 346 Posts

I have a very similar story that my first order had Track My Dream but after cancelling it and going to another dealership, I was NEVER able to get it on that order. However, thanks to my SA, he has been sending me screen shots every week of it's progress. But then I remembered (thanks to this thread) it has finished production (basically) and I should have a VIN # by now, so I checked my.porsche.com and it NOW has Track My Dream for my 992. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, my delivery date has slipped back about a week to Aug 7th. I am hoping that my car doesn't really have to sit in Emden for 3 weeks.

I do NOT have any real pictures of it being made either, which would be awesome. Hang in there (it's not like we have much of a choice anyway).

Quick Reply: Porsche Track Your Dream