Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now that you have your car, are there any options...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 10:02 PM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by inastrangeland
I have lane keep assist on my Mercedes and would never order it. I guess if you don't pay attention to your driving, then it would be useful but if you drive a Porsche, you should always pay attention to your driving. It doesn't drive the car for you like a Tesla.
It sounds like that new Porsche thing they call "Porsche InnoDrive incl. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and Active Lane Keep (ALK)" is an attempt to make the car keep within highway lanes and actually follow the car that's ahead of it. Scary thought!
Old 06-01-2020, 10:10 PM
HouTexCarreraS
Pro

Received 406 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
Waving won’t work. I just rest my fingertips under the handle without pulling and the handle pops out.

Comfort access is standard now so it’s not even an option.
My wife and I have found it has a lot to do with your key position--she has more of a problem than I do because she keeps her key in her purse and I keep it in my front pants pocket. The closer the key is to the door handle and the fewer other objects between the key and the handle that might cause interference the better.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:16 PM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Burmester vs. Bose

Originally Posted by AKSteve
I wish I could listen to a car with the Burmester stereo. I'm not complaining about my Bose stereo, but it would be nice to hear if there's a big difference in quality between the two options.
I had the Burmester in my 991.1 GTS coupe. Even in a 911 it sounds really good, as long as you're sitting in your garage or driveway with the motor off. I think it costs far too much to be worth ordering in a 992. The driving environment is just too noisy. Just my opinion; others may very well disagree.
The following users liked this post:
mohawk5010 (09-15-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 12:02 AM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by rhr992c4s
I’m going to reverse the question. How about options that were almost skipped, but 😊 happy to have them and wouldn’t want to be without them.

Carbon interior trim and carbon doorsills
Burmester

Ooh, love your twist—it’s a better question!
Old 06-02-2020, 12:06 AM
smartbot
Instructor

Received 175 Likes on 62 Posts

Power folding mirrors. I love the look of the folded mirrors. Honestly, it should be standard!
Old 06-02-2020, 12:08 AM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by smartbot
Power folding mirrors. I love the look of the folded mirrors. Honestly, it should be standard!
I think it is with the Premium Package on MY21 cars. I wasn’t going to get it when I had a 2020, but am glad it’s coming as part of the package!
Old 06-02-2020, 12:42 AM
AKSteve
Three Wheelin'

Received 820 Likes on 457 Posts

Originally Posted by smartbot
I pretty much only use this feature when I'm exiting the touchless carwash and the dryer fan is blowing. Folding the mirrors in and out a few times while the dryer is blowing clears out a lot of water so it doesn't just drip down the side of the car later.
gcurnew (06-02-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 01:43 AM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 409 Likes on 209 Posts

I’ll play.... does trim level count?

If I could go back to Oct and place my order again, I don’t think I’d change any options, but would probably spec a C2S. The reality is, the C2 is more than enough for my needs, but as I learned with my Macan Turbo, one can never go wrong with more power. I really do like the Premium Package with the 2021 and if I ordered an S, I would maybe add SC, but otherwise, everything else would be the same. I really don’t feel like I’m missing anything. All that said, I guess that’s a good thing, because I know now I won’t order another 992 unless the .2 brings a significant upgrade (to me). Moving to a C2S at this point isn’t worth it as I really do love my car. Perhaps the .2 GTS?

Last edited by slwong23; 06-02-2020 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Why is the apostrophe missing when I post from my iPad?
997usa (06-02-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 06:14 AM
Klredwood
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Extended range fuel tank
The following 2 users liked this post by Klredwood:
aggie57 (06-02-2020), mohawk5010 (09-15-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 10:24 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,135 Likes on 3,006 Posts

I have no regrets with my build. My build had an extensive option list, but I also didn't burn money on the superfluous.

The standard interior for the 911 is quite low rent and IMHO, not acceptable for a car even at the Base Model starting MSRP. The full leather interior is worth the premium and is commensurate with a car at this price point. You're going to spend most of your time with your 911 sitting inside of it, so, make it nice. Yes, I know it's standard RennList practice for people to militantly defend their cost-cutting options decisions, but this is a silly thing to nickel and dime. You deserve the better interior. Get it and drop some other options if it breaks the budget.

ACC is probably one of the most underrated options, because so many people cry foul that such a thing shouldn't be in a 911, but it's brilliant in stop and go traffic and works incredibly well. If you're using it as a daily, it's a must have option. Even as a weekend runabout, it's quite nice to have.

One other thing that you should probably get? Colored wheel crests. They look fancier, because they are fancier. If you want to live a monochromatic black or white life, sure stick with the standard ones, but if the other crests on your car are colored, the colored wheel centercaps level it all up.
The following 3 users liked this post by detansinn:
997usa (06-02-2020), Jon D (06-02-2020), mohawk5010 (09-15-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 11:00 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn

One other thing that you should probably get? Colored wheel crests. They look fancier, because they are fancier. If you want to live a monochromatic black or white life, sure stick with the standard ones, but if the other crests on your car are colored, the colored wheel centercaps level it all up.
Perhaps Porsche is missing the boat here. The colored crests could be standard to match the other crests, and then the option could be a $$ black and white option for all the crests; wheels, hood, steering wheel.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:25 AM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,629 Likes on 783 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Perhaps Porsche is missing the boat here. The colored crests could be standard to match the other crests, and then the option could be a $$ black and white option for all the crests; wheels, hood, steering wheel.
I'd pay for non-colored crests all around; only option now is to go to the aftermarket. I always found it odd that Porsche offers non-colored crests for the wheels, but not for hood and steering wheel.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:28 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by gcurnew
I'd pay for non-colored crests all around; only option now is to go to the aftermarket. I always found it odd that Porsche offers non-colored crests for the wheels, but not for hood and steering wheel.
See, I already made a sale. Porsche should hire me.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dan Nagy:
detansinn (06-02-2020), Metalblond (06-02-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 12:09 PM
Steelers6
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by markchristenson
...you wish you would have ordered? We spend so much time asking ahead of time for what we should get, I'm curious if there is anything that, after-the-fact, you wish you had.

I'm still over month away from locking the order, but my order has not changed since I originally placed it in March, save for the MY21 additions, but I'm curious for the perspective from the folks who have had their cars.
Well I did a very over specced S. No ACC or Burmester and still sticker of $162k. I am really pleased with PCCB and RWS and the car in general for a PDK.

FWIW one notable issue re seats: I can never get 18 way seats because they are too tight in shoulders and neck and cause pain. I've had the 14 way seats on 5 911's, a panamera, and 2 Macans with no issues. I sold my GT3T because of the sofa seats causing pain. On the 992 these 14 way seats are a different style and far less comfortable for me. I only have 1300 miles so hoping break in solves the issue. Just advising folks to check before you commit. It's like the shoe style you have bought for years and they change the fit.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:55 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,381 Likes on 1,481 Posts

Sport-tex
gcurnew (06-02-2020)

Quick Reply: Now that you have your car, are there any options...