Sponsored by:

Navigation at start

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 11:44 AM
HouTexCarreraS
Pro

Received 406 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by Benedict14
Fascinating. Yes, that’s the way it’s supposed to work.

Did you miss this bit ?

If he’s saved nothing to the car and it isn’t linked to the keys. None of that works. You can also manually force the key to your settings using the door controls. Hence the reference.
Are you saying if he never set up a driver profile and is just operating in "guest" mode, the current settings are not automatically saved to the key when the car is turned off? I'm not sure about that since my dealer set up my driver profile upon delivery. Otherwise, there is no additional saving routine required as far as I know.
Old 04-24-2020, 12:14 PM
aleguizz
Instructor

Received 110 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Benedict14
Fascinating. Yes, that’s the way it’s supposed to work.

Did you miss this bit ?

If he’s saved nothing to the car and it isn’t linked to the keys. None of that works. You can also manually force the key to your settings using the door controls. Hence the reference.
I use my profile (not guest) which is the same of my ID Porsche. Perhaps it works in a strange way because I own more than one car with the same Id...
Old 04-24-2020, 01:34 PM
pelucidor
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard_Wallace
Go to the main instrument panel (above the shifter) go to car, settings, display. You can select what shows up in that screen - uncheck Nav (and anything else you do not want to be able to scroll on that part of the instrument selection. It will not show up anymore.
I did exactly this to get rid of NAV from dials at startup (and also unchecked a bunch of other stuff I don't care about) - I only use CarPlay for NAV so never need to see the Porsche built-in NAV.
Old 04-24-2020, 02:08 PM
aleguizz
Instructor

Received 110 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by pelucidor
I did exactly this to get rid of NAV from dials at startup (and also unchecked a bunch of other stuff I don't care about) - I only use CarPlay for NAV so never need to see the Porsche built-in NAV.
I want to see the nav but only when I decide.
The problem is the nav appears every time I turn on the car. I would like to find the screen I have left when I turned off the car.

Quick Reply: Navigation at start