Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photos of re-painted RS Spyder Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 12:18 AM
JL_
Track Day

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Alright, got the wheels back slapped the new center caps in and looking great. Now for the BBi or KW HAS....

Originally Posted by surquhar
I had my Spyder wheels powder coated satin black. I had to buy the satin black center caps from Suncoast. They were a perfect match.

The following 2 users liked this post by JL_:
dhirm5 (07-21-2021), surquhar (03-11-2021)
Old 03-11-2021, 09:25 AM
surquhar
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by JL_
Alright, got the wheels back slapped the new center caps in and looking great. Now for the BBi or KW HAS....

Looks awesome! Really changes the look of the car, and I wish I had the S red calipers. If I were to do it again, I would go for the HAS kit. The 30 mm drop looks great, but you really have to be careful pulling into places, speed bumps, etc. I would like the ability to dial it in.
The following users liked this post:
JL_ (03-11-2021)
Old 03-12-2021, 08:08 AM
rdv
Instructor

Received 201 Likes on 100 Posts

My $0.02 worth.... the RS Spyder wheels are beautiful. But in black or dark gray they look better on light colored cars, not as attractive on darker cars like our midnight blue C2S. My main issue with the Spyder wheels is that the spokes are just a bit too narrow to easily get a wash mitt between them to clean the inside of the rim. The regular factory wheel spokes are wide enough that I don’t need to use a special brush etc to get them clean. Silly? Probably but I’m a bit of a clean freak and anything that makes it easier to clean wheels is a plus for me. I will say that photo of the bright silver RS Spyder wheels on the midnight blue coupe is really attractive. Anyways to each his own.....
Old 07-21-2021, 09:27 AM
GilesH
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK powder coating

Hi there

Those of you from the UK that powder coated your 992 wheels , what did Porsche say about the warranty please? And also how might this affect insurance - if you've done this?

We have a 70 plate 992 C2s in Gentian blue with Carrera classic wheels, it was a cancelled order that we snapped up, but would have preferred black wheels.

Ideally I'd like to powder coat them black satin or somthing similar as I don't like silver wheels. Porsche GB can't answer on the warranty issues. Two dealers (one local and one who I bought from), both give conflicting answers!

Thanks
Old 07-21-2021, 12:22 PM
DONUT77
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

@GilesH

My Dealer arranged the black powder coating of my RS Spyder wheels before I picked it up. My car was Brand New MY21C2s and no mention of warranty issue. In fact whenever I pop in to see my sales guy he always compliments the wheels and why they are not available from the factory. Not sure it could have any bearing on insurance as it is hardly a modification that makes any difference to safety or performance - although they do look bad *** and maybe this is measurable by the underwriters!!
Old 07-21-2021, 12:27 PM
GilesH
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=DONUT77;17562121]@GilesH

Thanks for the reply. I'll check with my dealer if they can arrange the re-colour themselves.

I would suggest you tell your insurance co. as I suspect they might think of any excuse not to pay out if you had an accident. In my experience you need to tell them everything!

Cheers
Old 07-21-2021, 01:33 PM
phaser
Banned

Received 429 Likes on 238 Posts

Powder coating factory to wheels to the color and finish you prefer for $100 per wheel is tremendous bang for the buck, WOW.
The following users liked this post:
dhirm5 (07-21-2021)
Old 07-21-2021, 05:16 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
I do agree the RS Spyder wheels are one of Porsche's best. Totally upgrade in a positive way every car I've seen them on from an SUV to each sports car. Must have option on my 992! Definitely makes the car! Just wish they optioned them from the factory in different colors maybe silver, gold, gray-platinum satin like my previous platinum satin Carrera S wheels on my 981 Cayman S. Those were nice also.
If they came in a polished silver, I would have considered them, though I would have still paused at the cleaning aspect. But I went with Classics. I do love any wheel that has silver/polished faces but dark sides/barrels, because they add great depth. I just don't care for all black wheels or the stock RS Spyder Wheels in Platinum. The Exclusives look fantastic with Satin or Gloss Black paint on the barrels and other parts as it makes that wheel really pop. But I found the look a bit more conservative and wanted a sportier look, so I went with the Classics.
Old 07-21-2021, 05:33 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,459 Likes on 800 Posts

[QUOTE=GilesH;17562133][QUOTE=DONUT77;17562121
I would suggest you tell your insurance co. as I suspect they might think of any excuse not to pay out if you had an accident. In my experience you need to tell them everything!
[/QUOTE]

there is zero chance that insurance would *ever* refuse to pay out for anything other than a specific wheel issue by changing the wheel color.
Old 10-24-2021, 10:05 PM
passat774
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Thanks for the idea, its available from the factory under wheel accessory's satin black is $600

Quick Reply: Photos of re-painted RS Spyder Wheels