Sponsored by:

Getting Mixed Messages on Availability of Espresso

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 12:34 PM
Cowabunga
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting Mixed Messages on Availability of Espresso

One dealership tells me espresso leather interior isn't available.
Another is telling me it is via the leather-to-sample program.
What is actually true?

I'm able to find lots of documentation on the PTS program ... but nothing on a "leather to sample" program...
Old 04-16-2020, 02:22 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Cowabunga
One dealership tells me espresso leather interior isn't available. Another is telling me it is via the leather-to-sample program. What is actually true? I'm able to find lots of documentation on the PTS program ... but nothing on a "leather to sample" program...
First, I'd kill to have espresso available again as a standard color. I have the two-tone espresso/cognac on my 991 GTS and imo there's nothing available on the 992 that is remotely as interesting as that interior.

PTS is supposed to become available later this year. I believe it has a six to nine month lead time, so I wouldn't expect to actually see a PTS 992 until the latter part of 2021. I've toyed with the idea of PTS but never pulled the trigger. It's very expensive ($11k I believe). Interior/Leather to sample will likely become available in the same time frame. Others will know for sure, but I believe it's more expensive than PTS and it will have at least as long a lead time.
The following users liked this post:
Freddie Two Bs (04-16-2020)
Old 04-16-2020, 06:16 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,275 Likes on 645 Posts

Yeah existing leather options aren't the most interesting. One of the things they touted early on was that the 992 would bring back many heritage options as far as interior fabrics and colors are concerned. I'm sure it'll take some time but I'm optimistic we see some pretty awesome interior specs in the next year or two.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:21 PM
1RedHead
Racer

Received 302 Likes on 137 Posts

There were comments in another post where a SA chimed in and referenced ordering custom leather. I believe they said that it is 2-3x the cost of the PTS charge.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:35 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by slc4s
Yeah existing leather options aren't the most interesting. One of the things they touted early on was that the 992 would bring back many heritage options as far as interior fabrics and colors are concerned. I'm sure it'll take som e time but I'm optimistic we see some pretty awesome interior specs in the next year or two.
I've been playing around a bit on the Canadian and UK configurators (damn Covid) and something interesting has popped up on the UK site. In addition to full leather, Sport-Tex and Club Leather, there's a new option . . . Exclusive Manufaktur Leather Interiors - for £7,899 ($8,760)! That number's all that much more crazy because full leather is a zero cost option on the UK C2S I'm configuring (it costs almost $4k in the US).

I don't know what you'll get for that kind of money. If you click on any of the new interiors, a message pops up - "Option not selectable because of existing blocking dates". So it appears that they're a placeholder at this point. But whatever they are, they're more combinations of the same pretty boring interiors currently available. They're all two-tone . . .
- Slate Grey with Black
- Iceland Green with Slate Grey
- Mojave Beige with Graphite Blue, and
- Chalk (Crayon in the UK) with Bordeaux Red

So for those of us hoping that something more interesting was in the works, we may be disappointed.

Quick Reply: Getting Mixed Messages on Availability of Espresso