Sponsored by:

PEC Delivery Cancelled

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 01:27 PM
jbirdie6
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 43 Posts
Default PEC Delivery Cancelled

My vehicle finished just production and is sitting in the port in Emden awaiting shipping. Likely one of the last cars that made it through before the factory shut down.

I have been corresponding with PCNA and they informed me that since PEC is closed they are rerouting my delivery to my local dealer. Spoke with my salesman and he said the plan is for PEC to issue vouchers to buyers that had their PEC cancelled. He also mentioned I should be getting a $550 reduction on the invoice, which is nice of them to do while still giving a voucher for a future experience.

Anyone else hearing similar info?

The following 4 users liked this post by jbirdie6:
BlackOptic (03-19-2020), detansinn (03-19-2020), dhirm5 (03-19-2020), mathus7 (03-20-2020)
Old 03-19-2020, 01:32 PM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

Good luck. P.S. That's a great looking car. [edit: I had to go configure a 992 and wasn't aware the aero-kit was available (on the Carrera)]
The following users liked this post:
jbirdie6 (03-19-2020)
Old 03-19-2020, 02:10 PM
touringGT3
Pro

Received 296 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by jbirdie6
My vehicle finished just production and is sitting in the port in Emden awaiting shipping. Likely one of the last cars that made it through before the factory shut down.

I have been corresponding with PCNA and they informed me that since PEC is closed they are rerouting my delivery to my local dealer. Spoke with my salesman and he said the plan is for PEC to issue vouchers to buyers that had their PEC cancelled. He also mentioned I should be getting a $550 reduction on the invoice, which is nice of them to do while still giving a voucher for a future experience.

Anyone else hearing similar info?

It's cancelled at least until April 16th. Options available are to 1) reroute car to preferred dealer + future PEC "mock" delivery or 2) re-schedule for later PEC delivery. I opted for #1 and hopefully they were able to make the change before Swift Ace left Emden early this morning.

If your car was sitting in the port, it may have been loaded to Swift Ace. Maybe worth checking with your dealer to confirm.

The following users liked this post:
jbirdie6 (03-19-2020)
Old 03-19-2020, 02:44 PM
jbirdie6
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by macmac
It's cancelled at least until April 16th. Options available are to 1) reroute car to preferred dealer + future PEC "mock" delivery or 2) re-schedule for later PEC delivery. I opted for #1 and hopefully they were able to make the change before Swift Ace left Emden early this morning.

If your car was sitting in the port, it may have been loaded to Swift Ace. Maybe worth checking with your dealer to confirm.
Thanks for the heads up. Checked with my dealer and they said it is at port but not assigned to a vessel yet.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:36 PM
SamD
Racer

Received 299 Likes on 141 Posts

Mine is also sitting in Emden, headed to PEC-LA via Benicia (Bay Area), arriving there early May per TYD. Though no ship on the schedule appears to match that timeframe, so who knows. The question here is which option to take? Seems betting that things will be back to normal, or even close, by May is questionable . . .

Quick Reply: PEC Delivery Cancelled