Sponsored by:

Surrounding Assistance

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 07:13 PM
OmniBlade
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Question Surrounding Assistance

Alright, so I tried searching the forums, I looked through the user manual twice, and I even tried the Porsche "Good to Know" phone app. I can't seem to figure out what this "Surrounding Assistance" option is, or how it functions. This whole thing started because I want to turn off LKA, I live in Alaska and its kinda wild out there right now. LKA keeps trying to murder me because it is following the lines and we don't really do that all the time when there are "winter lanes." Sometimes you can see the lanes, but the tire tracks are a whole car width off from them, you cant really just follow the lines because you will merge into someone that is just following the tracks. In any case, when I turn off LKA it turns off Surrounding Assistance. I just want to know what it does so I can decide whether or not LKA's murderous streak is worth keeping on for SA.

Old 03-11-2020, 07:30 PM
eagle1960
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 135 Posts

I will admit I am guessing on this somewhat based on my experience. I also have LKA but not LCA. I think what it's trying to tell us is that we don't have all of the available assistance systems running when we turn something off. You are still protected by whatever systems you have running.
The following users liked this post:
OmniBlade (03-11-2020)
Old 03-11-2020, 07:31 PM
JHesketh
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 108 Posts

Another bit of questionable program design.

Surround assistance is best thought of as a collective term for all of the ‘driver’ assistance options on your car.

Selecting the option button turns everything on. Turning any one element off unchecks the ‘surround assist’ button.
OmniBlade (03-11-2020)
Old 03-11-2020, 07:33 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,866 Likes on 1,509 Posts

Found this on the Panamera forum:

https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...opinion-2.html
OmniBlade (03-11-2020)
Old 03-11-2020, 07:51 PM
OmniBlade
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by eagle1960
I will admit I am guessing on this somewhat based on my experience. I also have LKA but not LCA. I think what it's trying to tell us is that we don't have all of the available assistance systems running when we turn something off. You are still protected by whatever systems you have running.
Originally Posted by JHesketh
Another bit of questionable program design.

Surround assistance is best thought of as a collective term for all of the ‘driver’ assistance options on your car.

Selecting the option button turns everything on. Turning any one element off unchecks the ‘surround assist’ button.
Ahhhh yes well now that you two say this it completely makes sense. Thanks for the assist. Wish it was in the manual somewhere, figured every button would be mentioned but I guess I expected too much

Originally Posted by aggie57
Ooo sorry I didn't even look outside the 992 forum. I'll have to keep that in mind next time I have a question. Thanks!
Old 03-11-2020, 07:59 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,866 Likes on 1,509 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniBlade
Ooo sorry I didn't even look outside the 992 forum. I'll have to keep that in mind next time I have a question. Thanks!
No drama - PCM and many of these systems are common across most of the Porsche range, Handy to remember when these sorts of questions come up.

Quick Reply: Surrounding Assistance