Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever try to kill you in your 911?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2020 | 02:03 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Daddy there’s a bad man.
sorry son, you’re going have to be more specific to narrow it down

Old 03-11-2020 | 02:48 AM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

There are always people who drive in the left lane and slow traffic down. Sometimes when trying to get around those types, they will speed up to not let you pass.

I try not to get upset, not worth the aggravation.

Old 03-11-2020 | 02:58 AM
crimewave
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GratedWasabi
I'm going to be brutally honest with you.. based on your posts so far I doubt this will be a one-off situation. You're clearly a kid in over his head and with very little respect for others, that **** is going to bite you sooner or later unless you fix it.

Stop acting like a fool in your 911 that you can't even afford. That's my advice.
Wtf? I'm clearly a kid in over my head with very little respect for others? Where did you come to that conclusion? I've been nothing but respectful on these forums and I'm also a respectful driver, don't assume you know my personality because I'm a young guy. All that tells me is you're projecting what you were when you were 26 on to me. Your logic here is that because I made a bad financial mistake (according to YOU), I have no respect for others and it's going to bite me in the *** sooner or later? What kind of a bizarre reach is that?
The following 3 users liked this post by crimewave:
chance6 (03-12-2020), dhirm5 (03-11-2020), PBM (03-11-2020)
Old 03-11-2020 | 04:01 AM
AKSteve
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BSO
There are always people who drive in the left lane and slow traffic down. Sometimes when trying to get around those types, they will speed up to not let you pass.

I try not to get upset, not worth the aggravation.
My pet peeve is people speeding up when you get to a passing lane on the highway. You'll be stuck at the back of a group of cars all doing 62mph in a 65mph zone and as soon as you get to a temporary passing lane (with a Keep Right Except to Pass sign), everyone will speed up to 85mph so no on can pass anyone else. Then the passing lane will end and everyone will slow back down to 62mph. Infuriating.
The following 7 users liked this post by AKSteve:
chance6 (03-12-2020), Jon D (04-17-2020), jto24 (03-12-2020), olsonreels (03-11-2020), OmniBlade (03-11-2020), russbert (03-11-2020), wizee (04-23-2020) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-11-2020 | 08:42 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by moomin
The dude has a credit score in the 40's, was ~11k under water on his last car. Owns nothing, and rents.

He made a giant post asking for advice and 95% of people told him it was a bad financial decision. It's not like people are going around telling random users that they can't afford their lifestyle.
He makes good money and is a grown up. There are plenty of folks with 7 figure bank accounts on here asking what color interior they should spec and creating polls. He seems like he can handle the payment no problem and based on his field of work and how well he is doing I'm sure he can kick it up a notch if he needs to.
The following 2 users liked this post by Penn4S:
dhirm5 (03-11-2020), doug992 (03-11-2020)
Old 03-11-2020 | 08:45 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by crimewave
Wtf? I'm clearly a kid in over my head with very little respect for others? Where did you come to that conclusion? I've been nothing but respectful on these forums and I'm also a respectful driver, don't assume you know my personality because I'm a young guy. All that tells me is you're projecting what you were when you were 26 on to me. Your logic here is that because I made a bad financial mistake (according to YOU), I have no respect for others and it's going to bite me in the *** sooner or later? What kind of a bizarre reach is that?

You are fine. If you are going to come to this forum and post just expect to be judged and lectured. Enjoy the car. You came across as very respectful to me on your post responses.
The following users liked this post:
OmniBlade (03-11-2020)
Old 03-11-2020 | 09:33 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by AKSteve
My M4 got way more negative attention from people as well. My BMW 750 gets a fair amount of negative attention from people too. But my Porsches seem to mostly get positive attention. Sometimes I'll even see people taking pics of my car at stoplights. And pedestrians like to give my car the thumbs up. I did have one guy in a minivan try to keep up with me on the highway years ago. He was doing all kinds of dangerous maneuvers and passing cars to try to stay with me...and then his engine started smoking badly and he pulled over. I just honked and kept going. Btw, most of the bad drivers up here seem to drive Subarus, minivans or trucks.
Perhaps, no one has ever seen a Porsche in Alaska and most drive crappy, cheap Subes, minivans and trucks. They probably think your car is a Lambo, My Porsches get no attentions in either place I reside and I cannot recall anyone ever trying to race me or F with me. I get the occasional thumbs up and people trying to take pics on my DB11 and 458, but no one cutting me off, trying to race me or etc. and I drive pretty hard. Some people just drive and act like jerks, cut people off or in a hurry from time to time because running late and has zero to do about what car I am driving. Making such all about be me may be a bit narcissistic or overly sensitive.
Old 03-11-2020 | 02:13 PM
Ondines911
Advanced

I’ve had lots of incidents in nice cars. The Porsche seems to irritate more than my other high end cars. My old 911 did too. No one hated the viper.. I guess because it’s American ? Idk. I honked at someone who was just sitting there not turning after about 30-45 seconds of just sitting there. The idiot that was stuck in between my car and the car not turning started following me and being very aggressive and honking. As others have said just de-escalate. People are jealous and many are struggling financially and just looking for someone to be angry at. And it was just a honk.. I didn’t even lay on the horn..
crimewave (03-11-2020)
Old 03-11-2020 | 06:53 PM
crimewave
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Penn4S
You are fine. If you are going to come to this forum and post just expect to be judged and lectured. Enjoy the car. You came across as very respectful to me on your post responses.
Thanks for having my back man Glad there are a lot of level-headed people on this forum! Makes me really enjoy being a part of it.
Old 03-11-2020 | 08:36 PM
Ondines911
Advanced

Thanks for having my back man Glad there are a lot of level-headed people on this forum! Makes me really enjoy being a part of it.
And welcome to ownership of a nice car.. it’s not always all it’s cracked up to be. These kind of things are just one example. Conversely you will never get back that thrill from when you are young with a cool car. The joy fades with age at least for me. I’ve always worked on and had nice cars.. but as I age the joy is not as intense and I sometimes take the truck or minivan rather than deal with whatever the nice car is at the time. Some of the best decisions I made were financially irresponsible ones in my youth! So enjoy your youth.. tomorrow is promised to no one. Edit: and soon we’ll all be riding in vacuum cleaners that take us there while we browse the web.. next 911 will be hybrid.. then.. ?
Old 03-11-2020 | 10:51 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

No problem. You've got it covered. Enjoy the car, keep the career moving in the right direction and it won't be your last 911.
No disrespect to the previous poster but I can be classified as a "senior citizen" and I'm on my 14th Pcar, I can't keep from turning to look at my TTS after parking, make an event out of detailing it on weekends and can't wait to take it for a ride and stretch its legs. For me the "joy" is still very high. Hope it turns out that way for you too.
AlexCeres (03-12-2020)
Old 03-12-2020 | 12:13 AM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Penn4S
No problem. You've got it covered. Enjoy the car, keep the career moving in the right direction and it won't be your last 911.
No disrespect to the previous poster but I can be classified as a "senior citizen" and I'm on my 14th Pcar, I can't keep from turning to look at my TTS after parking, make an event out of detailing it on weekends and can't wait to take it for a ride and stretch its legs. For me the "joy" is still very high. Hope it turns out that way for you too.
every time I do something in this car that inspires someone to want to kill me ...
Old 03-12-2020 | 12:17 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

You need to sell it man.
Old 03-12-2020 | 12:26 AM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by moomin View Post
The dude has a credit score in the 40's, was ~11k under water on his last car. Owns nothing, and rents.

He made a giant post asking for advice and 95% of people told him it was a bad financial decision. It's not like people are going around telling random users that they can't afford their lifestyle.>>

I've found that a nice beer in the evenings provides respite from vitriol and anger. Also, driving our cars. That said, my top 3 for my 'dumb driver' s* list:

Tesla Model 3
Infiniti G35 with hillbilly exhaust
Ford Raptor, the 2020 version of Bigfoot
Old 03-12-2020 | 12:35 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chance6
Originally Posted by moomin View Post

He made a giant post asking for advice and 95% of people told him it was a bad financial decision. It's not like people are going around telling random users that they can't afford their lifestyle.>>

I've found that a nice beer in the evenings provides respite from vitriol and anger. Also, driving our cars. That said, my top 3 for my 'dumb driver' s* list:

Tesla Model 3
Infiniti G35 with hillbilly exhaust
Ford Raptor, the 2020 version of Bigfoot
Perhaps you should try reading a post instead of jumping to conclusions.

It's not a credit score in the 40s. It's 40 pulls on his credit history.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever try to kill you in your 911?