Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Wheel Upgrade...Good Value or Better to Buy Aftermarket?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 07:08 PM
jkwb
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Hp12c
I’ll just throw a couple thoughts out there...

1) I don’t think you’ve said whether you’re ordering a c2 or c2s, but if the latter, you can get the Carrera S wheels painted platinum for about $1k, I mention this as an in-between choice in case a big appeal of the spider RS wheels is their color. If the design of the Spyders does it for you, then just get them.

3) I assume you’ve gone to the dealer and saw all these wheels in person, but if you haven’t, I’ll just say that some of them looked pretty different in person than they did in pictures, for example the Carrera S wheels looked a little more substantial/interesting in person to my eye, the Carrera classics have this kind of barely-there look which is unlike just about any wheel I’ve ever seen, and the exclusive Fuchs-like ones definitely need to be seen in person. Interestingly, the RS ones look exactly like they do in pictures.
I ordered a C2S cab with the satin platinum standard wheels are seeing them in person on a car the exterior color I was ordering. They were stupendous looking in my opinion, way better than the dealer pics or the configurator.

I did not love the exclusive ones in person painted in high gloss black. I never found one to look at in person in satin black which I thought would look the best. The unpainted version I wasn't a fan of either. Looking at them in person critical though!

Quick Reply: Factory Wheel Upgrade...Good Value or Better to Buy Aftermarket?