Sponsored by:

Resonance between 1-2K RPM ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2020, 12:43 PM
mferris
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 138 Posts
Default Resonance between 1-2K RPM ?

I’m taking my C2S with Sport Chrono, RAS, PDCC, into the dealer in 2 weeks for a few things - but double checking one item and whether I’m hearing things that everyone else hears as normal.

I’m hearing (possibly feeling) an odd resonance between 1-2K rpm, when under light/moderate load, at any speed/gear mostly in Normal mode. I’ve heard it while slowly accelerating from a stop as well as at 65mph under light load. In past lives I would have said it was the engine shifting enough to have some of the headers/exhaust lightly touch another part - but it’s not that obvious in this car. It’s more annoying than alarming - but definitely related to the drivetrain (not interior parts).

I do not notice it in Sport mode as the car does not stay in the 1-2K band very long given that it runs in a higher gear. Noting with the Sport Chrono package I believe the dynamic engine mounts tighten up (?) - it seems logical that there would be more shifting of the engine in Normal mode - but I’m starting to ignorantly diagnose which is dangerous.

I only have 500 miles on it - and can’t tell if it has worsened since new - but it was there the day we picked up the car.

Others with similar options/experience?

Last edited by mferris; 02-15-2020 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:23 PM
darkknight26
Racer

Received 186 Likes on 71 Posts

Not experienced this. Get your dealer to check it out.

Quick Reply: Resonance between 1-2K RPM ?