Sponsored by:

Delivery time

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 01:58 PM
S4to911
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Delivery time

I ordered a Gentian Blue 992 4S cab around Thanksgiving with European Delivery.

Due to travel issues, I couldn't get to Zuffhausen in February or March, so I changed back to US delivery in Pittsburgh.

My sales guy showed me the system readout where the car hit V300 around 12/20/19. Still apparently waiting for Emden entry as of last week. The PCNA Euro Delivery rep (who has been very helpful) told us that the car left Zuffhausen on 1/7/20 but is still waiting for a boat at Emden.

The system says the car should hit V900 (dealer inventory) around 2/21/20. They are trying to get me the Track Your Dream app so I can track it myself, but apparently this is somewhat of a new app that not all dealers have training on or access to at this point.

Any thoughts or advice? I assume it will get here by the end of the month.
Old 02-04-2020, 02:52 PM
HouTexCarreraS
Pro

Received 406 Likes on 230 Posts

I ordered my C2S on 12/27/19 and I'm subscribed to the Track Your Dream system. The car completed production (V300) on 1/30/20 and arrived at the Emden port (V331) on 2/3/20. It is scheduled to be on the Hoegh Bangkok vessel on 2/7/20 and delivered to my dealer in Houston on 3/6/20. This is 3 weeks ahead of the schedule I was given by my dealer when I ordered the car. I can now track the vessel on one of the many maritime tracking sites on line.

Not sure why your car is taking from completion on 12/20/19 to now to get on a vessel. It takes 3 to 4 weeks on the water so your 2/21/20 delivery date seems impossible if your car has still not shipped--are you sure it's not already shipped? Your dealer should have access to the vessel name.
Old 02-04-2020, 03:28 PM
rangerfan94
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by HouTexCarreraS
It takes 3 to 4 weeks on the water so your 2/21/20 delivery date seems impossible if your car has still not shipped--are you sure it's not already shipped? Your dealer should have access to the vessel name.
I think it is only 2 weeks on the water to get to Rhode Island. At least, that's what my Track Your Dream link shows--3/13 to 3/27. ymmv
Old 02-04-2020, 03:51 PM
HouTexCarreraS
Pro

Originally Posted by rangerfan94
I think it is only 2 weeks on the water to get to Rhode Island. At least, that's what my Track Your Dream link shows--3/13 to 3/27. ymmv
You are correct if that's the first stop after leaving Emden. Still, it would be next to impossible to get through the US port of entry and transported to the dealer by 2/21/20 if the vessel hasn't left Emden yet.
Old 02-04-2020, 04:01 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,470 Likes on 2,814 Posts

1-2 weeks sitting at Emden, 2 weeks on the water is my recollection. From there it can sit in port for 1-2 weeks then transported. West coast can add a week+ to the transit.

Basically after production I recall it being in my hands 6 weeks later.

Last edited by rk-d; 02-04-2020 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-04-2020, 04:35 PM
Staff@WORLD
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 219 Likes on 129 Posts

It's an exciting time knowing that your car is on the way and then, at the same time, it's a nail biting time waiting for it.
- Akrapovic - BMC - TechArt - H&R - By Design - AMS - CSF - Kline - NGK - TiLugs - HRE - M Engineering - ID Injectors -
FULL SERVICE INSTALLATION FACILITY - STATE OF THE ART WIND TUNNEL DYNO - ECU TUNING
WORLD-MOTORSPORTS.COM
Old 02-04-2020, 07:19 PM
S4to911
Instructor

I emailed by sales guy today. I'm waiting for a response. If the car was at Emden by 1/7 or so, it should be on the Primrose Ace or Hoegh Bangkok. Weird that the Porsche tracking system doesn't show anything.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:35 PM
PJSD
Instructor

Received 133 Likes on 59 Posts

The tracking system sucks especially for a car that has actual enthusiasts - like people who read/write on forums and actually go so far as to track cargo ships in the sea! LOL

My SA says most people custom order these cars, and would like to track them. It's part of the experience. It could be way better!!!
Old 02-04-2020, 07:55 PM
HouTexCarreraS
Pro

Originally Posted by PJSD
The tracking system sucks especially for a car that has actual enthusiasts - like people who read/write on forums and actually go so far as to track cargo ships in the sea! LOL

My SA says most people custom order these cars, and would like to track them. It's part of the experience. It could be way better!!!
So far, I find the Track Your Dream system pretty cool (better than having to bug your SA). It shows 14 estimated milestone dates from order to delivery and then shows the actual date when each is reached. As soon as the car is assigned to a vessel it gives you the name so you can track it on one of the maritime vessel tracking sites. I recently took delivery of a 2020 BMW M8 Competition Gran Coupe and used BMW's My BMW tracking system and could never find out the name of the vessel. I got lucky since the car went into production the day after I ordered it and only took 5 weeks from order date to delivery.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:51 PM
PJSD
Instructor

Received 133 Likes on 59 Posts

That's cool you have Track Your Dream, my sales/dealer doesn't know what that is! So I log into "my Porsche" which is useless.
Old 02-07-2020, 09:47 PM
S4to911
Instructor

So the latest in this saga and a cautionary tale.

After about a week of trying to figure out where the car is, I found out today that it is sitting in Emden waiting for a boat. The car was built on 12/20/19, and I changed my Euro delivery to regular delivery on 1/2/20. After that, the car dropped off of the Porsche tracking system, and was delivered to Emden on 1/7/20 where it has been waiting for a boat ever since. Still not on a boat.

My best guess as to what happened (PCNA does not have a straight answer as of today) is that the car was likely prepped for Euro delivery in early January, and they treated it as such. When I changed to regular delivery, they probably treated it as a Zuffenhausen drop off, where they try to add the car to an existing boat. Since there are likely very few Euro deliveries in the winter, my guess is that such boat spaces are uncommon.

Thus I wait with no idea of when it will get here. That sucks. First world problems, however.....so a lighter perspective. The bummer is that we all figured my car would be in Pittsburgh by late January with a build date of 12/20/19, and I went ahead and spent $5300 on a set of 20/21 winter tires and wheels to put on when it arrived. If I don’t get the car until April, these obviously won’t be needed.

Perhaps ask PCNA or the dealer to eat the tire cost? I know, when the laughter dies down we all know they would never do it.

So the lesson: if you decide to change your Euro Delivery to standard US delivery, be prepared for weirdness.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:23 PM
HouTexCarreraS
Pro

Originally Posted by S4to911
So the latest in this saga and a cautionary tale.

After about a week of trying to figure out where the car is, I found out today that it is sitting in Emden waiting for a boat. The car was built on 12/20/19, and I changed my Euro delivery to regular delivery on 1/2/20. After that, the car dropped off of the Porsche tracking system, and was delivered to Emden on 1/7/20 where it has been waiting for a boat ever since. Still not on a boat.

My best guess as to what happened (PCNA does not have a straight answer as of today) is that the car was likely prepped for Euro delivery in early January, and they treated it as such. When I changed to regular delivery, they probably treated it as a Zuffenhausen drop off, where they try to add the car to an existing boat. Since there are likely very few Euro deliveries in the winter, my guess is that such boat spaces are uncommon.

Thus I wait with no idea of when it will get here. That sucks. First world problems, however.....so a lighter perspective. The bummer is that we all figured my car would be in Pittsburgh by late January with a build date of 12/20/19, and I went ahead and spent $5300 on a set of 20/21 winter tires and wheels to put on when it arrived. If I don’t get the car until April, these obviously won’t be needed.

Perhaps ask PCNA or the dealer to eat the tire cost? I know, when the laughter dies down we all know they would never do it.

So the lesson: if you decide to change your Euro Delivery to standard US delivery, be prepared for weirdness.
Unfortunately, changing anything after you lock in your build is a risk of delayed delivery. My SA misinformed me of my build lock date last December and I thought I had an additional 2 weeks to finalize things. I asked to delete the Porsche crests on the headrests and was informed that the build had locked the week before and therefore if I wanted to make the change it would delay delivery a month. I went ballistic and somehow the SA along with his manager managed to get the change made with Porsche without changing my production date. Porsche seems to take their build lock dates VERY seriously.

Concerning your tires & wheels, aren't you going to need them next winter?
Old 02-07-2020, 11:44 PM
moomin
Instructor

Received 183 Likes on 74 Posts

I've found Track Your Dream to be great. My car is on the boat, it's updating the site in realtime VS me having to pay silly fees to access realtime marine traffic. It would be better for my sanity if I just forgot about the car and the dates (a watched pot never boils). I'm sure my SA appreciates not being bugged by neurotic people like myself.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:57 PM
S4to911
Instructor

Originally Posted by HouTexCarreraS
Unfortunately, changing anything after you lock in your build is a risk of delayed delivery. My SA misinformed me of my build lock date last December and I thought I had an additional 2 weeks to finalize things. I asked to delete the Porsche crests on the headrests and was informed that the build had locked the week before and therefore if I wanted to make the change it would delay delivery a month. I went ballistic and somehow the SA along with his manager managed to get the change made with Porsche without changing my production date. Porsche seems to take their build lock dates VERY seriously.

Concerning your tires & wheels, aren't you going to need them next winter?
Yes I will need them, but having them age one year unused isn’t optimal.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:23 PM
COLT601
Instructor

Received 277 Likes on 49 Posts

I ordered C4S on 1/20, dealer quoted 3 months before I placed the order which was a bit optimistic. Atlanta delivery is being quoted as late May/early June by Porsche.

Quick Reply: Delivery time