0%
Black/Red Full Leather w/ Aluminum
50.00%
Blue Full Leather w/ Aluminum
10.00%
Something else entirely
23.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Close to finalizing 992 C2S MT build, spec input?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2020, 02:33 PM
Hp12c
Racer

Received 227 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Close to finalizing 992 C2S MT build, spec input?

First of all thank you to the many owners that post pics of their 992's, inside and out, and share impressions, it really fills in so many gaps you would be left with just going to your dealer, seeing what they had on hand, and looking at which samples they have.

In terms of what I'm going for, I'm looking for something that hits a bit of a middle ground between the most sporty and the most elegant ends of the spectrum, with maybe just a few, but hopefully impactful "brush strokes" in terms of the options/choices.

In terms of mechanical substance, I'm totally comfortable with the following choices, which I'm hoping make for an involving, relatively lightweight build: 7MT, SPASM, PDLS+, sports plus 4-ways, standard wheels, standard exhaust, no sunroof.
-I'm coming from a 991.2 C2S 7MT that was a high-MSRP build, sport and premium+ packages, 18ways, RAS, glass roof, etc, white over blue, and I liked the car and its options a ton, but going for something simpler this time.

For the exterior, I'm about 75% set on Chalk, I have a slight preference for non-metallic colors, think it looks great, and hopefully a smidge easier to keep looking clean than my prior white. I'm thinking of complimenting the chalk w/ platinum painted wheels, and the aurum gold "911" badge on the rear.

The interior is where I have a lot less comfort/conviction that I've picked out my best option, and where I'd especially love thoughts, or owners w/ experience to share pics, etc.
Right now I've selected Black Sport Tex, w/ chalk stitching, and with wood trim (I like both the wood and the bright silver trim on the handles/dash-pieces that come w/ the wood option).
-I'm also considering the agave green club with wood a LOT, and maybe tied for 3rd place would be black/red and blue (with these I'd probably skip the wood, maybe go aluminum)
-I generally am going more for the single-color interiors than the two-tone btw, I think the latter looks great but on a sports car I find myself enjoying a more high contrast pairing, i.e. darker colors inside with a light color exterior.

Ok excited to see what you guys think...

Old 01-12-2020, 02:56 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 784 Posts

Chalk with black Sport Tex and chalk stitching would look amazing...but with trim in anything other than wood would be my vote. Sport Tex is decidedly "technical" in my view and doesn't work well with wood, which is more luxury/traditional. If you don't like the stock trim, aluminum would work well.
The following users liked this post:
Blue911Heaven (01-12-2020)
Old 01-12-2020, 03:24 PM
Sheikh
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

I'll second @gcurnew , wood wouldn't work with black sport tex interior. I think standard trim works well with darker interiors and dual-color interiors where dash is black. I also went with black & mojave beige and standard trim, just for this reason. Carbon fiber is unnecessarily expensive too. My two cents would be either go for a color that would work well with wood or go for standard or leather trims.
Old 01-12-2020, 04:29 PM
Hp12c
Racer

I appreciate the varied (and dissenting!) opinions... that's why I posted, so keep em coming.

But just for reference here's a pic of the sport-tex with wood (taken from a user:n4v4nod rennlist post)... I think the sport tex kind of looks like a modern interpretation of some vintage fabrics, and the wood as well, so I think in terms of whether its "modern" or "retro" (especially with a manual gear lever), I think one could see it whatever way feels right to you.

rouxeny (01-16-2020)
Old 01-12-2020, 05:52 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,478 Likes on 2,816 Posts

Originally Posted by Hp12c
I appreciate the varied (and dissenting!) opinions... that's why I posted, so keep em coming.

But just for reference here's a pic of the sport-tex with wood (taken from a user:n4v4nod rennlist post)... I think the sport tex kind of looks like a modern interpretation of some vintage fabrics, and the wood as well, so I think in terms of whether its "modern" or "retro" (especially with a manual gear lever), I think one could see it whatever way feels right to you.

I agree with you. Sport-Tex is a retro vibe and the wood makes sense here. You may want to consider the exterior color in this case and consider avoiding something too modern with the color and wheels. Personally, I think Chalk is too modern for this look.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:20 PM
Hp12c
Racer

Everyone, thanks for your input, I ended up making a few changes, here's what I ended up doing:

Exterior: Chalk, platinum painted standard C2S wheels, "911" model designation
Interior: Black sport tex/leather interior w/ chalk stitching, 4-way sports+ seats, crests on headrests, GT steering wheel, aluminum trim, aluminum pedals
Other: 7MT, SPASM, PDLS+, Bose

I think it has a driving-focused, relatively straightforward feel to it (for an S), which feels really right to me right now.
gcurnew (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 08:16 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 784 Posts

Originally Posted by Hp12c
Everyone, thanks for your input, I ended up making a few changes, here's what I ended up doing:

Exterior: Chalk, platinum painted standard C2S wheels, "911" model designation
Interior: Black sport tex/leather interior w/ chalk stitching, 4-way sports+ seats, crests on headrests, GT steering wheel, aluminum trim, aluminum pedals
Other: 7MT, SPASM, PDLS+, Bose

I think it has a driving-focused, relatively straightforward feel to it (for an S), which feels really right to me right now.
Very, very nice spec.