Sponsored by:

LF Wet Mode feedback for RWD owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 01:57 PM
GratedWasabi
Racer

Received 311 Likes on 164 Posts
Default LF Wet Mode feedback for RWD owners

Not to rehash the "Wet Mode Gimmick" thread but I'm curious what RWD owners have thought with Wet Mode so far. I've seen several postings from 4S owners that found it useful but not much feedback from RWD drivers. Sure, there are videos of people goofing off on a wet track with it.. but I'm talking real world driving rain & snow here. Not trying to turn this into another "AWD vs RWD" thread, purely curious how the Wet Mode has been working with RWD now that we're well into winter and the wet season for many.

So 2/2S owners.. what do you think? Does it give you an added feeling of security? Turn a RWD 992 into a snow beast? Do absolutely nothing?
Old 01-10-2020, 11:55 PM
Racer

Received 207 Likes on 94 Posts

I use it everytime when it rains just as added safety measure. I'm sure it cuts some of the torque and other performance measures of which I really don't care for in the rain. So, for me, it is a good thing. On the other end of the spectrum if I ever get an open road I'll take it out of Normal mode and put it in SportPlus and just go full force.
The following users liked this post:
PeterB123 (01-11-2020)
Old 01-13-2020, 07:31 AM
Sure
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm interested in owners experiences as I have a RWD on order. Theoritically wet mode could have a bigger impact on RWD vs AWD cars since the AWD already has more traction. I know that AWD does not help with aquaplanning and wet mode does - but how does it help on a RWD when you come out a turn and you are on the throttle too soon and/or too much? Anyone has real life experiences with that? Not suggesting that anyone risk their life or crashing though
Old 01-13-2020, 08:31 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,098 Likes on 2,995 Posts

Originally Posted by Sure
I'm interested in owners experiences as I have a RWD on order. Theoritically wet mode could have a bigger impact on RWD vs AWD cars since the AWD already has more traction. I know that AWD does not help with aquaplanning and wet mode does - but how does it help on a RWD when you come out a turn and you are on the throttle too soon and/or too much? Anyone has real life experiences with that? Not suggesting that anyone risk their life or crashing though
It's not magic. Far less aggressive throttle response, different thresholds for ABS, stability, and traction control engagement. Those are things that I have seen with wet mode on other cars. Porsche's microphone detection is unique and the changes with active aero are not common either. Heads up, gas mileage does take a hit with wet mode enabled due to increased downforce and the commensurate increased drag. When in wet mode, Porsche will also warn you to "adapt your driving to conditions" which is basically a "check yourself before you wreck yourself" message in the wet.

To recap the feature...

My car is a C4S which means that I also get a change in power distribution, but a RWD drive car gets everything else.

Quick Reply: LF Wet Mode feedback for RWD owners