Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purpose. Built.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2019, 06:24 AM
ACowabunga
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts

I personally appreciate hearing about why an owner would or wouldn't order a certain option again when it's time for me to spec my car because then I can weigh my personal needs and wants against my own cash liquidity. At the end of the day, if enough people say that a certain option just isn't worth it and I've been on the fence about it anyway, this may very well help me make the decision to not "check the box". Granted, I am not one to follow the crowd and will march to the beat of my own drum at times, I just enjoy doing the research when I know that I have to live with my decision for many years to come.
Old 12-24-2019, 06:17 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

I love these threads - speccing a car is fun (and exhausting) - and I've personally gotten some good tips along with the mixed opinions. It's a great build with nothing for you to worry about, but here's a random handful of those aforementioned opinions - and all beginning with "I" to make sure you know they're mine

I encourage you to make sure you love the seats you choose - I haven't yet been in the 14-way vs 18-way seats in the 992, but in the 991 they were very different.
I echo the opinion that the folding mirrors aren't necessary (and it's one more thing to fail).
I do prefer the "Exterior Mirror Lower Trim and Base in Exterior Color" option over the black mirror base.
I really love the new "Clear Taillights" option on the 992 - it looks great in the configurator, at least.
I prefer the GT sport steering wheel (heated or not) - and I've recently converted to being a fan of the Alcantara wrapped steering wheel.
I will always spec rear axle steering - it never fails to amaze me in a tight parking lot.

Quick Reply: Purpose. Built.