Sponsored by:

Manual GTS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 12:53 PM
968boy
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Manual GTS?

Has there been any information regarding manual availability in the GTS, or will only the S be available as a manual for the entire line for the foreseeable future?
If the plan is to produce only one trim in manual, I guess it would make sense to choose the S as it has the broadest range of options and buyers.
Manual is a must so just wondering if I should wait or just go manual S

Old 12-12-2019, 01:18 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,173 Likes on 3,019 Posts

GTS will be offered with the 7-speed. There are pictures of the 992 GTS online and in the forums with a seven speed.
The Base Carrera 2/4 seem to be the only 992s excluded from the manual transmission party, but don't be surprised when a Carrera T lands with the Base engine and a manual as an option.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:53 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,329 Likes on 697 Posts

Originally Posted by 968boy
Has there been any information regarding manual availability in the GTS, or will only the S be available as a manual for the entire line for the foreseeable future?
If the plan is to produce only one trim in manual, I guess it would make sense to choose the S as it has the broadest range of options and buyers.
Manual is a must so just wondering if I should wait or just go manual S
No, they plan to punish/motivate those who only wanted to get the base 911. Just like the restricted RWS to only S models or higher with the 991.2.

The GTS will have all options as its the more expensive model.

Only the "cheap" base carerra option will be punished by removing options. GTS is safe and will have all performance options.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:33 AM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
No, they plan to punish/motivate those who only wanted to get the base 911. Just like the restricted RWS to only S models or higher with the 991.2.

The GTS will have all options as its the more expensive model.

Only the "cheap" base carerra option will be punished by removing options. GTS is safe and will have all performance options.
It goes to show that a 911 truly does not need any of those options. And if someone is looking for a PDK. It makes it a simple choice.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:51 PM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 72 Posts

These cars are so customizable according to your driving style and preferences, that's why there are 27 iterations of the same car, including all the GT variants.

The base 911 is great, but then when you get on it, you might wish the standard brakes were a little gripper, the car was a little lower and hey this RWS really makes the car pivot on its axis....and so on.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:58 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackBeauty
These cars are so customizable according to your driving style and preferences, that's why there are 27 iterations of the same car, including all the GT variants.

The base 911 is great, but then when you get on it, you might wish the standard brakes were a little gripper, the car was a little lower and hey this RWS really makes the car pivot on its axis....and so on.
PCCB’s, PASM is low enough as it is (sport -10mm? Really?)..and my truck needs RAS, not a 911.
Old 12-14-2019, 08:04 PM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 72 Posts

I don’t know, having it on my past two cars, I wouldn’t order one without it.

Quick Reply: Manual GTS?