Sponsored by:

US Customs holding pattern..

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 03:05 PM
992Sam
Three Wheelin'

Received 826 Likes on 458 Posts
Default US Customs holding pattern..

Anyone have any idea how long it takes to clear a car thru customs in the US? Car arrived in port last Friday and there is no way to track it or how long it takes to get thru.. I called the port and they gave me a "I don't know.." answer..

Any recent Bay Area experience?
Old 12-10-2019, 05:47 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,135 Likes on 3,006 Posts

Give it at least 2 weeks. If it arrived on Friday, you've got a ways to go yet.
The following users liked this post:
992Sam (12-10-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 09:26 PM
Sebvelez
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 61 Posts

Mine is in Jacksonville port right now. So close yet so far! I’ve gone through a lot of posts here and people say it ranges from 1 day to 3 weeks or so. Porsche’s official estimate is 2-3 weeks to dealer after being unloaded from ship, according to an email they sent me. The dealer said once it’s released from port it should take 3-7 days in my case. Sometimes the trucks wait for several cars to be fully loaded, etc. I’ve also read about cars that get stuck longer at port given they got damaged during transport and will be fixed before transport to dealer. At this point the dealer will have the most info but even they are a little blind on a lot of specifics. I would say the hardest part of the wait. And I already got to drive my car in Europe so I’m twice as anxious to get it once and for all!
Old 12-11-2019, 12:44 AM
G650
Racer

Received 242 Likes on 101 Posts

Mine arrived in Port of San Diego on October 31st and was at the dealer in Los Angeles on November 7th, so 1 week in my case.

Unfortunately my car is STILL at the dealership almost 5 weeks later, waiting to get a defective airbag system fixed.

This has been my WORST new car purchase experience ever. My first Porsche and probably my last.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:26 AM
992Sam
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by G650
Mine arrived in Port of San Diego on October 31st and was at the dealer in Los Angeles on November 7th, so 1 week in my case.

Unfortunately my car is STILL at the dealership almost 5 weeks later, waiting to get a defective airbag system fixed.

This has been my WORST new car purchase experience ever. My first Porsche and probably my last.
holy mother of Jesus... I'd lose my mind.. How hard is it to fix an airbag???
Old 12-11-2019, 03:58 AM
tcirillo
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Sebvelez
Mine is in Jacksonville port right now. So close yet so far! I’ve gone through a lot of posts here and people say it ranges from 1 day to 3 weeks or so. Porsche’s official estimate is 2-3 weeks to dealer after being unloaded from ship, according to an email they sent me. The dealer said once it’s released from port it should take 3-7 days in my case. Sometimes the trucks wait for several cars to be fully loaded, etc. I’ve also read about cars that get stuck longer at port given they got damaged during transport and will be fixed before transport to dealer. At this point the dealer will have the most info but even they are a little blind on a lot of specifics. I would say the hardest part of the wait. And I already got to drive my car in Europe so I’m twice as anxious to get it once and for all!
mine is coming through jacksonville as well. how did you manage to get an email for Porsche, directly?
Old 12-11-2019, 09:49 AM
Sebvelez
Instructor

Originally Posted by tcirillo
mine is coming through jacksonville as well. how did you manage to get an email for Porsche, directly?
Because the car came from European Delivery, someone at PCNA just sent me an email telling me the ship, ETA at both ports and timing after it’s dropped off. Honestly I’m hoping the 2-3 weeks they quoted is the standard conservative response they give.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:53 AM
Sebvelez
Instructor

Originally Posted by G650

I’m so sorry! That is terrible. All I can say is that the car will be worth the wait. No question.
Hopefully they get their act together and fix it soon.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:11 PM
guffdude
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Angry Stuck in Houston

My base 911 is stuck in the Port of Houston. Scheduled delivery was 12/20. New delivery mid February. I was told the Taycan's are also stuck. Supposedly, the base engine has yet to be certified by the EPA and they have no timeline to do that. What a crock
Old 12-11-2019, 09:31 PM
Michael Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by guffdude
My base 911 is stuck in the Port of Houston. Scheduled delivery was 12/20. New delivery mid February. I was told the Taycan's are also stuck. Supposedly, the base engine has yet to be certified by the EPA and they have no timeline to do that. What a crock
Same here..stuck in Jacksonville since 11-4. This is brutal
Old 12-11-2019, 09:37 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Smith
Same here..stuck in Jacksonville since 11-4. This is brutal
Don't worry. It will be worth the wait!
Old 12-11-2019, 09:41 PM
jmaikamon
Instructor

Received 94 Likes on 43 Posts

My car was due in 9 November. My salesman called me a week early on Thursday and said my car just arrived at the Port of Houston and was I ready to get it. I was like "why do you think I've been calling you everyday?" I picked my car up on Saturday because of the time they needed to do the pre-delivery checks and the paint protection stuff. He got the car the same day of arrival.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:42 PM
992Sam
Three Wheelin'

yeah, I heard the base engine is still waiting on EPA.... but the S isn't ... why 1-2 weeks... only our over bloated government can justify this somehow.

Quick Reply: US Customs holding pattern..