Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My "final" build #19. Also asking for feedback.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 12:01 AM
touringGT3
Pro

Received 296 Likes on 161 Posts
Default My "final" build #19. Also asking for feedback.

I placed my order two weeks ago and just like everyone else (or mostly everyone else) I've gone hours endlessly tweaking my build even prior to placing my order and last week I thought I finally nailed down my final final build (a GT silver and truffle brown combo) and yet here I am still drastically changing my combo and options. This is my latest and greatest and only currently on the fence regarding the following:

1. Interior - leaning towards Black leather (no stitching) with guards red seat belts; 2nd choice is truffle brown with chalk seat belts. Although I like chalk/slate grey and black/iceland green, I'm not feeling the light interior in a dark car.
2. FAL - is this absolutely necessary? I know everyone's location and usage is different. To be safe I replaced ACC with FAL because I'm doing ED and I want to make sure I won't have issues anywhere I go in Europe.

Gentian Blue/Black combo - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLLNN2Y4

Last edited by touringGT3; 12-02-2019 at 09:11 AM. Reason: added photos
Old 12-02-2019, 12:56 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 984 Likes on 470 Posts

FAL isn't really needed, but id highly consider the sport design side skirts...personal preference of course!
The following users liked this post:
dhirm5 (12-03-2019)
Old 12-02-2019, 07:28 AM
JHesketh
Racer

Received 230 Likes on 108 Posts

Nice. You have optioned squarely in the ‘sports’ zone. Like it.

FAL: you don’t need it until you need it. I’d spec it again with SPASM.

Turns out I need it on my lower drive. Not if I’m turning uphill into the driveway but apparently turning downhill results in underbody contact. Boy was I glad I had FAL that day!

I was also very glad to have it when I encountered a bizarre set of emergency roadworks. They were digging up a pipe in the centre of the road, and directing traffic to mount the pavement to pass! Caused a bit of a stir when I stopped to lift the nose.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:18 AM
touringGT3
Pro

Originally Posted by sechsgang
FAL isn't really needed, but id highly consider the sport design side skirts...personal preference of course!
Thanks. I'm not a big fan of SD front fascia so for me it's not worth the cost. I like the SD rear fascia though as it makes the rear less fat.

Originally Posted by JHesketh
Nice. You have optioned squarely in the ‘sports’ zone. Like it.

FAL: you don’t need it until you need it. I’d spec it again with SPASM.

Turns out I need it on my lower drive. Not if I’m turning uphill into the driveway but apparently turning downhill results in underbody contact. Boy was I glad I had FAL that day!

I was also very glad to have it when I encountered a bizarre set of emergency roadworks. They were digging up a pipe in the centre of the road, and directing traffic to mount the pavement to pass! Caused a bit of a stir when I stopped to lift the nose.
Thanks. Exactly the reason I want to spec it out. May not require it most of the time, but would prove to be critical for those times that I do. I'll be driving in (late) winter when I do ED so the more reason I think I'll need it.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:43 AM
Sheikh
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

My build [PL3U6RZ3] is also Gentian Blue, but for interior I went with Black&Mojave Beige. I think it's a nice combo.
And on this listing there are some real life, under the sun photos. It might be slightly different to see it in a cab vs coupe, as the sun is directly lighting those seats.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:35 AM
Agave
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Great build! Awesome!
Old 12-02-2019, 10:59 AM
sexfiend
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

nice build but dont do red seatbelts that's played out and makes you look stupid/ not as smart. go for chalk or something unexpected.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:23 AM
rockrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 377 Likes on 213 Posts

No red seatbelts on a blue car, keep the black seatbelts. However, just saw a gentian blue with the gold wheels and it looked amazing. FAL is really practical I use it all the time.
sexfiend (12-02-2019)
Old 12-02-2019, 11:28 AM
sexfiend
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

its like u know those outstanding citizens who match their shirts and caps with the color of their sneakers? lol don't be one of them.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:33 AM
uniqueMR
Rennlist Member

Received 553 Likes on 418 Posts

Go for it. Good build!
Old 12-02-2019, 03:10 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 984 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by macmac
Thanks. I'm not a big fan of SD front fascia so for me it's not worth the cost. I like the SD rear fascia though as it makes the rear less fat.

Thanks. Exactly the reason I want to spec it out. May not require it most of the time, but would prove to be critical for those times that I do. I'll be driving in (late) winter when I do ED so the more reason I think I'll need it.

Im actually talking about the Side skirts only, on the 992 its an additional option to the sport design package which only includes the front and rear bumper...it really makes the car appear lower and adds to the sport look majorly. I think its only 1200 ish added to the build so it's not that bad. Just make sure you check it out before ordering!
Old 12-02-2019, 10:36 PM
touringGT3
Pro

Originally Posted by rockrdude
No red seatbelts on a blue car, keep the black seatbelts. However, just saw a gentian blue with the gold wheels and it looked amazing. FAL is really practical I use it all the time.
Originally Posted by sexfiend
its like u know those outstanding citizens who match their shirts and caps with the color of their sneakers? lol don't be one of them.
Sorry to disappoint you both, but I even own a midnight blue / bordeaux-black car. Hope this doesn't give you nightmares.
Kidding aside, I love this combo even five years later.

rockrdude, yes, absolutely amazing. Here's a photo of one at the PDE I recently went to.

Old 12-02-2019, 10:37 PM
touringGT3
Pro

Originally Posted by uniqueMR
Go for it. Good build!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Im actually talking about the Side skirts only, on the 992 its an additional option to the sport design package which only includes the front and rear bumper...it really makes the car appear lower and adds to the sport look majorly. I think its only 1200 ish added to the build so it's not that bad. Just make sure you check it out before ordering!
Just checked it out. Thanks for the suggestion. While it looks good it's not worth it for me.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:05 PM
NJ991
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 214 Posts

Both builds are nice, but very different. GT silver with truffle interior is more luxury feeling, versus the Gentian with black interior is more a sport look. Both are very nice, but what do you want to live with every day?
touringGT3 (12-03-2019)
Old 12-03-2019, 12:09 AM
touringGT3
Pro

Originally Posted by NJ991
Both builds are nice, but very different. GT silver with truffle interior is more luxury feeling, versus the Gentian with black interior is more a sport look. Both are very nice, but what do you want to live with every day?
Thanks NJ991. Agree, and that's why I can't quite figure out which one I really liked because those are two opposites, but your question simplified things a bit for me. I guess my answer is why not have a little both of both? My 2nd combo choice (or 3rd if we count GT/truffle) as I have mentioned in my OP is gentian blue / truffle brown in black wheels, which mixes the luxury/elegant feel into a sporty package. I think that will be my color combo. Thanks for posing this question.
NJ991 (12-03-2019)

Quick Reply: My "final" build #19. Also asking for feedback.